All-Star Cheerhab

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was watching the episode and my daughter walked through the living room and said, "ugh, that reminds me, I'm sore from practice!" lol

I would be terrified to talk back when Eddie and Orby are at my gym :eek: This girl needs a new attitude for cheerleading.
I call it the domino effect: If you allow one to talk back, others might do it because Susie did and didn´t get punished.

This episode needs to be watch by anyone interested in opening their own gym in the future!

It was interesting - and refreshing - to see E & O not blaming the kids for the problems they were having in the routine and for quickly recognizing that the issues with technique was largely due to subpar coaching. I hope the coaches are as receptive to making the changes as they expect their athletes to be. It was amazing to see how much the kids wanted these corrections to help make them better.

That being said, any gym who wants E & O to come help them should really get their athletes on a solid conditioning schedule as soon as they even entertain the idea of reaching out to E & O, because I really feel bad for some of these kids in their intial exposure to real conditioning.

This episode needs to be watch by anyone interested in opening their own gym in the future!

It was interesting - and refreshing - to see E & O not blaming the kids for the problems they were having in the routine and for quickly recognizing that the issues with technique was largely due to subpar coaching. I hope the coaches are as receptive to making the changes as they expect their athletes to be. It was amazing to see how much the kids wanted these corrections to help make them better.

That being said, any gym who wants E & O to come help them should really get their athletes on a solid conditioning schedule as soon as they even entertain the idea of reaching out to E & O, because I really feel bad for some of these kids in their intial exposure to real conditioning.
That seems to be the problem with a lot of teams. Coaches often zero in on the kids when looking for problems, but not themselves.

Totally agree - if i, as a coach, bring high caliber coaches like E & O and expect my athletes to do whatever they ask of them with a smile, i better listen very closely to everything the tell me, my atlethes and my cat - and stick to every advice we get.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Finally got to watch the 3rd episode of Cheerhab....

I say amen to Orby for pointing out that coaches cannot expect athletes to fix something with out direction on how to fix it... This is what I call being hands on.. you can't just yell or sit back and do nothing but count and say do it again... I was always hands on... I would immediately stop any disagreements between cheerleaders like "its her fault" or "no the flyer isn't holding her weight" or "well my base isn't holding me right"... I would make them do it again when I'm up close and figure out whats being done wrong.... i would even base at time to demonstrate to a base what was being done wrong.... and flyers (since I can't fly lol... I would base and feel it if they're dropping weight or leaning and not controlling their core or whatever.... coaches can't just "coach" from the sidelines... you have to be involved... thats the very exact thing I miss about coaching!!!!

I really enjoyed this episode honestly... it was straight forward and very honest.

Last edited:
I don't get how the coaches didn't realize that you have to show examples...
Some people cam learn by being told how it works, but some have to see it being done...auditory vs visual learners. As a coach (or teacher) you need to cover both.

Kind of wanted to slap orby while watching that...
If someone physically is hurting, maybe you should stop? Flexibility isn't "lets tear a muscle so you can pull a needle"
NO. Take the time and push a little bit more everyday, not force someone to pull it... Stretching everyday is good, but ripping your muscles to become flexible is horrible.

Kind of wanted to slap orby while watching that...
If someone physically is hurting, maybe you should stop? Flexibility isn't "lets tear a muscle so you can pull a needle"
NO. Take the time and push a little bit more everyday, not force someone to pull it... Stretching everyday is good, but ripping your muscles to become flexible is horrible.
I was twisting the entire time watching that. If I was a coach, I would've stopped that. I'm wondering how long it took those girls to recover from that. I completly understand his point of stretching, but that was just way too much. One of my biggest problems with coaches is them not thinking about the child's life after the leave them. You break them and break them, but they have to live a life after whatever sport. Your body reflects that later in life, so I just wish they kept that in mind.

Back