All-Star Cheerhab

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was twisting the entire time watching that. If I was a coach, I would've stopped that. I'm wondering how long it took those girls to recover from that. I completly understand his point of stretching, but that was just way too much. One of my biggest problems with coaches is them not thinking about the child's life after the leave them. You break them and break them, but they have to live a life after whatever sport. Your body reflects that later in life, so I just wish they kept that in mind.
exactly. I used to have my needle (as seen in my pic) but that was after a YEAR of stretching. Sometimes i try to stretch to get it back but it just hurts. I couldnt imagine being FORCED to do it

The stretching of those athletes made me feel physically uncomfortable. Flexibility is a long term process and will not be achieved by stretching flyers on one day until they are in tears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. That whole episode made me uncomfortable for this very reason---flexibility takes time. And if you feel like your body is breaking, that is a sign to give in an inch or two not keep it there. I liked the show until this episode---I knew it was coming, still didn't make it any easier to watch.

I was surprised too when it ended, it didn't seem like anything at all. 50% was Eddie coughing and not feeling well...

This episode lacked substance for sure. They need to give us something if they want to string us along.

I don't know why anybody's surprised these episodes are starting to lack "substance"...we should expect it after watching years of Cheerleaders, just saying'. :p
Whatever philosophy they use in the production of their episodes, it must be successful. After all, of your own admission, you watched "years of Cheerleaders". And, many others did as well.

I think it's all about the editing. They have their footage. They know how many episodes they need per Cheerhab team. And someone has to make it work. With Eddie sick they may have anticipated more usable footage than they obtained. Also, each episode needs a clear beginning and ending with something to capture our interest in between. But, all that happened was Orby talked to the coaches.

Keep watching though. I have it on good authority that things are about to get good. Have Kleenex close at hand. You may need it.

I feel like everytime they go do a Cheerhab Eddie gets really sick. First he got pneumonia and now a stomach virus. I hope he has all of his vaccines because I don't want to see him get measles or whatever you all in Cali have running rampant.

@klynn64 - you're making it sound like someone dies and now I'm a little scared....

I feel like everytime they go do a Cheerhab Eddie gets really sick. First he got pneumonia and now a stomach virus. I hope he has all of his vaccines because I don't want to see him get measles or whatever you all in Cali have running rampant.

@klynn64 - you're making it sound like someone dies and now I'm a little scared....
No death that I'm aware of. But, I think we'll see the softer side of Eddie and Orby.

As for Eddie getting sick, he'll do anything to avoid cheerhabbing. Just joking. They travel all the time. I think those germs were imported.

Whatever philosophy they use in the production of their episodes, it must be successful. After all, of your own admission, you watched "years of Cheerleaders". And, many others did as well.

I think it's all about the editing. They have their footage. They know how many episodes they need per Cheerhab team. And someone has to make it work. With Eddie sick they may have anticipated more usable footage than they obtained. Also, each episode needs a clear beginning and ending with something to capture our interest in between. But, all that happened was Orby talked to the coaches.

Keep watching though. I have it on good authority that things are about to get good. Have Kleenex close at hand. You may need it.
I didn't say that I haven't enjoyed lots of episodes of Cheerleaders! I'm just surprised they're already lacking this early in the Cheerhab season. I'm sure you're right and it'll pick up.

When Orby said "no one's ever died from stretching" all I could think was no, but you can seriously injure your muscles.. The way he stretches those athletes makes me cringe. Flexibility is definitely important, but that is not the best way to do it.

I'm no scoresheet expert but flexibility is not an element on the scoresheet, only possibly adding to the overall impression which is on the scoresheet. So I don't think all the emphasis on flexibility is really necessary. If one flyer has a teardrop scorpion and another has a needle I don't think it makes that much of a difference, score wise.

There may not be a physical flex part to the score sheet but it's needed in just about every part of the routine from jumps to tumbling. It's all well and good have strong legs but what's the use of your muscles physically don't allow your leg to go 2 feet off the ground

Back