Cheering With An Injury?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2014
So I do high school and allstar cheerleading! And we had a pep rally two weeks ago at school, and we have a part in our dance where we have to drop straight to the floor with one leg extended out to the side, on the hard basketball gym floor. And I'm really tall, and so the floor is really far away, and I go hard with everything, and ended up spraining my wrist.
I'm not too worried about cheering for football games at school, because we don't do any stunts or anything that generally involves strength.
But I have tumbling class tomorrow for Allstars, and I was wondering if I should go and tumble or just text my coach and tell him I can't go to tumbling?
Thanks!

So I do high school and allstar cheerleading! And we had a pep rally two weeks ago at school, and we have a part in our dance where we have to drop straight to the floor with one leg extended out to the side, on the hard basketball gym floor. And I'm really tall, and so the floor is really far away, and I go hard with everything, and ended up spraining my wrist.
I'm not too worried about cheering for football games at school, because we don't do any stunts or anything that generally involves strength.
But I have tumbling class tomorrow for Allstars, and I was wondering if I should go and tumble or just text my coach and tell him I can't go to tumbling?
Thanks!
if it still hurts from a parents opinion, no, get a Drs opinion!

I mean, it if was me I'd go and just work on standing tucks and jumps to tuck since they are both solid skills for me and I'm 99.999% I wouldn't touch down and hurt my wrist even more.
You could always just go and stretch and work on jumps so that way you aren't wasting your class.

Last edited:
If you don't let it rest, it won't heal properly.
Show up, but inform your coach of the injury. And this is why all star coaches curse high school cheer season.

Back