OT Cheerleader Called "chunky"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@HeresAThought
if you constantly tell your sisters she needs to "tone", i feel pretty sorry for your sister. also, i would bet my life that you opinions would be different if YOU were naturally a size 4, but as you have mentioned (quite a bit) youcouldnt agree c are smaller than that which is most likely why you have your opinion. if you yourself are saying the article didnt need to be written, why did you feel the need to comment and agree with it?..
couldnt agree more

@HeresAThought
if you constantly tell your sisters she needs to "tone", i feel pretty sorry for your sister. also, i would bet my life that you opinions would be different if YOU were naturally a size 4, but as you have mentioned (quite a bit) you are smaller than that which is most likely why you have your opinion. if you yourself are saying the article didnt need to be written, why did you feel the need to comment and agree with it?..

I see you went and changed your comment. It's sister. A nearly 30 yr old sister that thinks she needs to lose some of her 115 lbs and I tell her to just tone them. So we're just going to have to agree to disagree

I see you went and changed your comment. It's sister. A nearly 30 yr old sister that thinks she needs to lose some of her 115 lbs and I tell her to just tone them. So we're just going to have to agree to disagree
literally didnt change my comment so i have no clue what you're even talking about. whatever you're referring to was there before, maybe YOU misread it. just so you know i took the liberty of calculating her BMI, and she scores in the "normal weight" zone.

literally didnt change my comment so i have no clue what you're even talking about. whatever you're referring to was there before, maybe YOU misread it. just so you know i took the liberty of calculating her BMI, and she scores in the "normal weight" zone.

The two comments I quoted are clearly different. The first time you said "I feel sorry for your sister" and in my response I asked why and then apparently YOU went and changed it and changed it from "sisters". I don't need you to take the liberty of calculating anything for me. It doesn't matter what BMI weight zone she falls into, she says she needs to loose weight. I tell her to tone. Maybe to you they're the same thing to YOU but to me they aren't. I thank God I come from a family with healthy body images. To have to walk ouy

The two comments I quoted are clearly different. The first time you said "I feel sorry for your sister" and in my response I asked why and then apparently YOU went and changed it and changed it from "sisters". I don't need you to take the liberty of calculating anything for me. It doesn't matter what BMI weight zone she falls into, she says she needs to loose weight. I tell her to tone. Maybe to you they're the same thing to YOU but to me they aren't. I thank God I come from a family with healthy body images. To have to walk on egg shells about it all. How sad and unfortunate. The day one of my sister discovered she had cellulite she made me take pictures and we laughed. Confidence is EVERYTHING.

The two comments I quoted are clearly different. The first time you said "I feel sorry for your sister" and in my response I asked why and then apparently YOU went and changed it and changed it from "sisters". I don't need you to take the liberty of calculating anything for me. It doesn't matter what BMI weight zone she falls into, she says she needs to loose weight. I tell her to tone. Maybe to you they're the same thing to YOU but to me they aren't. I thank God I come from a family with healthy body images. To have to walk ouy
i changed that long before you even quoted to me clear things up. in the first one you weren't tagged. i edited to TAG you and be more clear about why i felt sorry for you sister since the quote didnt show up where i bolded when you said you tell your sister to tone constantly. instead of accusing me, maybe you should realize typos do happen, which you probably would have understood if you read carefully. why would i says sisters, then SHE (notice thats singular) and that i fee sorry for your sister (no s). and thats great you feel comfortable with your body, but not everyone is "so lucky", so maybe you should keep your opinions of other people that do not concern you (like the girl in the article) to yourself. quite honestly this is a waste of my time and energy so i wont be replying anymore. hopefully as a society we can get past thinking people are "too chunky" for things THEY choose to do with their life.

By the way you're telling people to "tone up" so much I'm fully expecting you to look like this
9ab9qp.jpg

i changed that long before you even quoted to me clear things up. in the first one you weren't tagged. i edited to TAG you and be more clear about why i felt sorry for you sister since the quote didnt show up where i bolded when you said you tell your sister to tone constantly. instead of accusing me, maybe you should realize typos do happen, which you probably would have understood if you read carefully. why would i says sisters, then SHE (notice thats singular) and that i fee sorry for your sister (no s). and thats great you feel comfortable with your body, but not everyone is "so lucky", so maybe you should keep your opinions of other people that do not concern you (like the girl in the article) to yourself. quite honestly this is a waste of my time and energy so i wont be replying anymore. hopefully as a society we can get past thinking people are "too chunky" for things THEY choose to do with their life.

The same should be said for you. You keep your opinion about my sisters body to yourself, and don't "feel sorry" for her because it doesn't concern you ;). And don't ever imply that its wrong for someone to feel comfortable with their body just because everyone isn't lucky. That's all!

I disagree.. If you're putting yourself out there, whether it be modeling, acting, professional dancing. Someone is going to critique your body. Someone is going to have a suggestion on a way for you to improve your body. If you can't handle it you shouldn't subject yourself to that kind of scrutiny.

Should you go up to a 14 yr old on the street and tell her to hit the gym? No. But If you're putting yourself in the public spotlight, dancing for a professional team in the NBA finals, wearing a "revealing" outfit...if you're not in tip top shape SOMEBODY is going to have an opinion on the matter.

The only concern with your argument that someone is putting themselves out there in public spotlight and so strangers have a right to comment on a body that is not theirs is then what does that say to all the young cheerleaders. They are putting themselves out there when they participate in a sport that puts them on a mat in front of large crowds in an arena - would that not make them subject to being scrutinized.
Also just because someone has an opinion about it how does it make it proper to share that opinion - especially as a professional journalist or blogger? I think it becomes a slippery slope to say because this woman was a professional cheerleader it is okay for strangers to comment on her body that doing something she loves but happens to be paid for gives others the right to talk about her and objectify her body... your logic that it okay just doesn't make any sense to me.

The same should be said for you. You keep your opinion about my sisters body to yourself, and don't "feel sorry" for her because it doesn't concern you ;). And don't ever imply that its wrong for someone to feel comfortable with their body just because everyone isn't lucky. That's all!
you're clearly not even reading what i said because i actually word for word said "thats great you feel comfortable with your body". jesus :rolleyes:

you're clearly not even reading what i said because i actually word for word said "thats great you feel comfortable with your body". jesus :rolleyes:

I'm a librarian, I always read ;). You said that its great I feel that way, but everyone isn't that lucky. That's fine and that's sad and that's the case for a lot of things in life when it comes to differences. Don't ever imply that someones confidence is wrong just because insecurity exists in the world (to me you're implying this when you say I should keep my opinion to myself). We're just going to have to agree to disagree because going back and forth is worthless.

thats great you feel comfortable with your body, but not everyone is "so lucky", so maybe you should keep your opinions of other people that do not concern you (like the girl in the article) to yoursel

Back