All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree all opinions should be welcome. Which means it should also be okay to like the show, the gym, the Coaches, and the team members. Unfortunately, it seems like only bitter, hateful, angry, negative opinions are welcome. I don't get it.
There's a HUGE difference between having a different opinion than the majority and then downright criticizing and picking apart every opinion that is different than yours. The latter is what people have a problem with. It's not that the poster likes the team/show its how ignorant and rude they come across when someone disagrees with them. I have no problem with people liking the show, I think it's ridiculous, but others seem to love it and that's ok! We all have our own opinions about everything, we all just need to understand that our opinion doesn't make us right and others wrong.

ETA: I'll add that this has been going on with this particular poster for a while, not just in this thread. They were even banned for a few days because of it. It's like their sole purpose here is to criticize every post that they don't agree with.

Last edited:
There's a HUGE difference between having a different opinion than the majority and then downright criticizing and picking apart every opinion that is different than yours. The latter is what people have a problem with. It's not that the poster likes the team/show its how ignorant and rude they come across when someone disagrees with them. I have no problem with people liking the show, I think it's ridiculous, but others seem to love it and that's ok! We all have our own opinions about everything, we all just need to understand that our opinion doesn't make us right and others wrong.

ETA: I'll add that this has been going on with this particular poster for a while, not just in this thread. They were even banned for a few days because of it. It's like their sole purpose here is to criticize every post that they don't agree with.

i dont thnk you realize how discussion board works. things are discussed, including peoples posts/responses, including my own. just like your post above is an exaggeration and misinformation. in that greek thread, i posted stats and people responded back with emoional posts simply because they didnt like what was posted. so of course i reponded back with things along the lines of: people might be entitled to their own opinion, but they cant guise their opinion of the stats as a valid factual retort. mod then stated that the discourse went on long enough, probably due to a bias towards the greek positive only side, and future pushing of the issue would result in a ban. i was fine with it ending, since i made my point. *i* asked to be banned as a joke and it was set for one day. nice try though.

i dont thnk you realize how discussion board works. things are discussed, including peoples posts/responses, including my own. just like your post above is an exaggeration and misinformation. in that greek thread, i posted stats and people responded back with emoional posts simply because they didnt like what was posted. so of course i reponded back with things along the lines of: people might be entitled to their own opinion, but they cant guise their opinion of the stats as a valid factual retort. mod then stated that the discourse went on long enough, probably due to a bias towards the greek positive only side, and future pushing of the issue would result in a ban. i was fine with it ending, since i made my point. *i* asked to be banned as a joke and it was set for one day. nice try though.

Yes, this is a discussion board. But I've noticed you do a lot of defending and accusing rather than actual discussing.

And I briefly looked through the Greek thread when it was active and I remember your stats. I think people wanted to know where your stats and facts were coming from, not dismissing them because it doesn't match up with their experiences. Them asking you to validate your sources was not an unreasonable response seeing as many, many stats are skewed, misinterpreted, or pointed in one direction - even from credible sources. Your "factual retort" might be just as wrong as their "emotional responses."

all i can say is i am SO glad that stuff like this does not happen here where i'm at. People switch gyms all the time and of course there is probably drama coming with it, i've experienced some sort of of drama in the past myself, i guess everyone does in Cheerleading at least once. But never ever would any of it be part of a Webshow or be discussed on a message board. That is just crazy.
I'll have to wait till i can actually watch the episode myself but i can already say so much (and i have said it before): If you are gonna be on a highly anticipated youtube show, you put yourself out there and you gotta deal with everything that comes with the fame. So don't act all surprised and be all out of shape if people voice their opinions on what is being shown on the show. Like it or not, you decided to be on that show so deal with it.

Whatever, believe what you want if it makes you feel better about yourself. I'm not arguing with a troll with terrible grammar (more than just a couple simple mistakes). If it takes me more than two minutes to read through one paragraph to understand it, whatever is being said becomes invalid to me anyway.

If you say it's a discussion board, discuss. Instead of arguing with everyone and saying everyone is wrong all the time with no evidence as to why you are right 100% of the time. Simply stating where you get your information, how you seem to know more about these kids' personal lives than I do about my best friends, and why you feel you are right will go a long way (again, not saying any of this is a FACT, but my perception/opinion, since you seem to think every thing someone says is being said as a fact). But by the way you have posted in the past, I don't see that happening any time soon since you don't seem to want respect from anyone on here, which is fine.

And with that, I'm done.

Whatever, believe what you want if it makes you feel better about yourself. I'm not arguing with a troll with terrible grammar (more than just a couple simple mistakes). If it takes me more than two minutes to read through one paragraph to understand it, whatever is being said becomes invalid to me anyway.

If you say it's a discussion board, discuss. Instead of arguing with everyone and saying everyone is wrong all the time with no evidence as to why you are right 100% of the time. Simply stating where you get your information, how you seem to know more about these kids' personal lives than I do about my best friends, and why you feel you are right will go a long way (again, not saying any of this is a FACT, but my perception/opinion, since you seem to think every thing someone says is being said as a fact). But by the way you have posted in the past, I don't see that happening any time soon since you don't seem to want respect from anyone on here, which is fine.

And with that, I'm done.
5cf940688061a8a1ad475c777f3ce2c0.jpg

I don't see that it isn't "okay" to like Cali around here. Nor do I see a lot of hysteria, or over exaggerating. I see people forming opinions on a program that has made itself very visible. A program that makes some calculated PR decisions, and has it's own formula for success. Some people love it, some people don't. I think it is fine to do either. I don't blindly do either. I love a lot about CA, and respect the passion the gym provokes in its members and fans. I don't love the sense of entitlement that seems to have grown out of exposure. No program is entitled to blind support, especially when making controversial statements, or decisions. However, I also see that drama is part of what keeps the show relevant, so I take it with a grain of salt anyway. I respect the athletes, the team and the program without liking everything they do or say publicly.

John loves Smoed. I doubt he is the type of guy who would love a program that bullies kids.

I'd like to think so. But I also accept that bullying to one person may also be tough love coaching to the next. I think Dylan's feelings can be held as valid while also validating that those coaches feel they're doing the best they can/making the best choices they are.

My only point has been, and it's been pretty consistent since basically Jenee left, maybe that is who they are as coaches, but when a person leaves accept it without trashing them to make yourself look like a victim. I knew I'd hate this episode because I knew they'd trash Dylan without even needing to see it---and honestly, Dylan got trashed significantly harder than Tyler did in his goodbye episode. While Tyler was "Well, I didn't think he'd last anyway" Dylan was "Oh my God how could he! This is unethical and he betrayed us." They're there to do a show and show drama, and I get that, but if Dylan felt bullied he had every right to leave (even if what he experienced wasn't truly bullying, but what he perceived as bullying).

Don't we all say athletes should leave before their first comp to avoid having to do waivers and roster changes...etc, etc. It may have been just before showcase, but at least he didn't wait until two months before World's or right before the weekend of a major competition (not a dig at Jenee, but that is the circumstances that she left under and her episode was more of a memorial not hatred). Same with Gabi---she left, after two full seasons with the team, which means she should have naturally had more loyalty than Dylan or any other person brand new to SMOED, but her episode was filled with tearful goodbyes and more tribute like.

In all of this, my heart breaks for Jessica who seems to be played with like a ragdoll...only pulled out and dusted off every so often. Part of me actually wonders (though I know it'll never be verified) if Dylan felt he was bullied or whether he felt situations like what she's going through were bullying, and therefore he felt he was watching bullying. Either way, I just hope the twitterverse doesn't explode on Dylan next weekend when the episode goes up. If even 1/10th of what his dad's post was true, there is no question he made the best decision for himself in leaving; even if his teammates didn't get that.

I'd like to think so. But I also accept that bullying to one person may also be tough love coaching to the next. I think Dylan's feelings can be held as valid while also validating that those coaches feel they're doing the best they can/making the best choices they are.

My only point has been, and it's been pretty consistent since basically Jenee left, maybe that is who they are as coaches, but when a person leaves accept it without trashing them to make yourself look like a victim. I knew I'd hate this episode because I knew they'd trash Dylan without even needing to see it---and honestly, Dylan got trashed significantly harder than Tyler did in his goodbye episode. While Tyler was "Well, I didn't think he'd last anyway" Dylan was "Oh my God how could he! This is unethical and he betrayed us." They're there to do a show and show drama, and I get that, but if Dylan felt bullied he had every right to leave (even if what he experienced wasn't truly bullying, but what he perceived as bullying).

Don't we all say athletes should leave before their first comp to avoid having to do waivers and roster changes...etc, etc. It may have been just before showcase, but at least he didn't wait until two months before World's or right before the weekend of a major competition (not a dig at Jenee, but that is the circumstances that she left under and her episode was more of a memorial not hatred). Same with Gabi---she left, after two full seasons with the team, which means she should have naturally had more loyalty than Dylan or any other person brand new to SMOED, but her episode was filled with tearful goodbyes and more tribute like.

In all of this, my heart breaks for Jessica who seems to be played with like a ragdoll...only pulled out and dusted off every so often. Part of me actually wonders (though I know it'll never be verified) if Dylan felt he was bullied or whether he felt situations like what she's going through were bullying, and therefore he felt he was watching bullying. Either way, I just hope the twitterverse doesn't explode on Dylan next weekend when the episode goes up. If even 1/10th of what his dad's post was true, there is no question he made the best decision for himself in leaving; even if his teammates didn't get that.
Did Dylan say he felt bullied? If so, can you post that. I have never seen him use the word bully. I am curious if I missed it.

Did Dylan say he felt bullied? If so, can you post that. I have never seen him use the word bully. I am curious if I missed it.

It was sorta talked about on twitter when he first left, I think it was Kyle's post...I'll see if I can find it. Team members came out to defend Orby over it.

Here is the link

FollowOrby Orta‏@Orbyorta
I've been called a lot of things in life but never a bully. Anyone that knows my life struggles knows it's just not true."

This was posted during the team's blowing up of twitter over Dylan leaving.

Here are the two others posted within the same time frame
Orby Orta‏@Orbyorta
I am continually impressed, horrified and saddened by the manipulative mastery of some people. God is watching even when you think he's not.

User Actions
FollowOrby Orta‏@Orbyorta
I love my kids more than I love myself. I live, eat and breath for them. Keep pushing kitties
1f63d.png
God has tons in store for you.

I know Kyle posted about it too, but can't find it (I assume deleted). And Dylan has repeatedly said he won't give details, so has he ever said it publicly---I don't think so, but it was part of the explosion when it first happened.

Latest posts

Back