All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe we don't get the warm and fuzzy family feeling because Smoed often consists of "one-hit wonders" who have ulterior motives for being on the team and then leave when the goal is met. Dylan and Janee seemed like the only athletes who seemed unhappy with the gym and its atmosphere. Those are two people on a squad of 20 now going on its 5th season. You are right, many people have left, but from what we see. the majority of them leave because they want to have a true high school experience, they miss home, or they age out. Or, they are removed because they can't cut it. I don't necessarily get the impression that the program is being mismanaged. Although the drama makes for better television, I get the impression that most of those homegrown athletes love CA as well as Eddie and Orby.
I'm not implying that Cali itself is mismanaged (maybe my wording was a bit off) but I just take issue with people seeming to blame individual athletes for leaving, like the crazy backlash Dylan and Jenee received, when perhaps there were things going on behind the scenes that we don't know. And I have no doubt that the reality show format might have something to do with it – I can't imagine being under that much scrutiny. Maybe the show itself is what's affecting the team; it must be incredibly hard to prepare appropriately with cameras in your face and constant social media storms.

And I have no doubt that the reality show format might have something to do with it – I can't imagine being under that much scrutiny. Maybe the show itself is what's affecting the team; it must be incredibly hard to prepare appropriately with cameras in your face and constant social media storms.

I agree, being on a reality show can also affect athletes leaving or staying. Not everyone will enjoy being under the microscope.

I agree, being on a reality show can also affect athletes leaving or staying. Not everyone will enjoy being under the microscope.
At such a young age as well. I feel for the kids sometimes – seems like a lot of stress and scrutiny when a lot of them would just want to get on with cheer.

At such a young age as well. I feel for the kids sometimes – seems like a lot of stress and scrutiny when a lot of them would just want to get on with cheer.

My guess is the idea of being on a reality show would seem very cool to most teenagers, when in actuality it is just more stress.

My guess is the idea of being on a reality show would seem very cool to most teenagers, when in actuality it is just more stress.
I think I would love it for the first two weeks, get all excited about being a celebrity, enjoy having my Instagram followers multiply, then HATE it.

I'm not implying that Cali itself is mismanaged (maybe my wording was a bit off) but I just take issue with people seeming to blame individual athletes for leaving, like the crazy backlash Dylan and Jenee received, when perhaps there were things going on behind the scenes that we don't know. And I have no doubt that the reality show format might have something to do with it – I can't imagine being under that much scrutiny. Maybe the show itself is what's affecting the team; it must be incredibly hard to prepare appropriately with cameras in your face and constant social media storms.

Don't forget Tyler. I don't recall him ever coming out about why he left outside of he missed home, but he definitely didn't get a warn and fuzzy send off either.

Don't forget Tyler. I don't recall him ever coming out about why he left outside of he missed home, but he definitely didn't get a warn and fuzzy send off either.
The backlash these kids get must be so hard for them. They get teenagers and adults alike bashing them with very little actual insight into the real story. It's such a tough situation.

I think people wanted to know where your stats and facts were coming from, not dismissing them because it doesn't match up with their experiences. Them asking you to validate your sources was not an unreasonable response seeing as many, many stats are skewed, misinterpreted, or pointed in one direction - even from credible sources. Your "factual retort" might be just as wrong as their "emotional responses."

every claim was cited (~20 in total) in the *initial* post. i reiterated that over and over. lol. and about the "skewed stats", that was addressed in that thread when people brought that up.

Whatever, believe what you want if it makes you feel better about yourself. I'm not arguing with a troll with terrible grammar (more than just a couple simple mistakes). If it takes me more than two minutes to read through one paragraph to understand it, whatever is being said becomes invalid to me anyway.

relegated to becoming a grammar nazi, and making a post full of grammatical errors at that (lol), after being shown you were wrong? what else is new?

rumors or no rumors if a kid wants to leave regardless of their situation let them leave in peace. yes i get the show probably adds to the drama of it 95% of the time. but these kids and coaches just need to grow up a little, i mean coming from a team who seems to lose athletes every season, why in the world do they get so worked up over it :confused: i mean this in a joking way, buts its like a blood in blood out, kinda deal with that team.
and the fact that they defend themselves in a way of like "oh he was like a brother to me", or "he was my best friend". i mean dang, youve only known the kid for a few months. my best friend and i spent years being just friends before i ever considered her my "second sister" or bff.
i think the show has run its course at this point, yes i still watch it out of complete boredom, but i wouldnt miss it if it was gone.

every claim was cited (~20 in total) in the *initial* post. i reiterated that over and over. lol. and about the "skewed stats", that was addressed in that thread when people brought that up.
relegated to becoming a grammar nazi, and making a post full of grammatical errors at that (lol), after being shown you were wrong? what else is new?
you're exhausting

I really have to disagree with the coaches handling of the situation on this occasion (im all about tough love coaching at times but feel they should have probably kept quiet)

Weve had a girl literally yesterday tell us she was now unable to compete the rest of the season with us (work commitment not to move for another team). Has this left us in a sticky situation, of course, but nothing that with a bit of hard work from the team cant be managed and corrected in time for our competition season to start. More importantly, its not been handled in a negative way either between ourselves and the athlete or the athlete and the team, in fact shes hoping to be able to make at least one competition to cheer us on and wed love to have her there.

I cant comment on the teens comments as ive never had to deal with U18 athletes, but as much as I respect the coaches at Cali, feel they sometimes need to learn to have a 'no comment' approach in their interviews.

Last edited:
I downloaded the app after all but now I can't find next week's episode... where do I have to look? The newest video on the "Cheerleaders" tab is the #Brayton episode for me.

Back