All-Star Cheerleading worlds day 2 updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

QUESTION???

So the cheerforce pyramid deduction, how many points did they lose by doing the stunt freely and wud it have been better for them not to do the stunt and for it to count as a missed stunt.

QUESTION???

So the cheerforce pyramid deduction, how many points did they lose by doing the stunt freely and wud it have been better for them not to do the stunt and for it to count as a missed stunt.

i don' know exact numbers on deductions (since what they did was illegal) it must have been a lot to go from 3rd to 7th...at least they didn't get disqualified. if they wouldn't have performed that flip they would have most likely lost points in execution of pyramid. after watching it many times, it looks like the bases didn't know the girl went down but the flyer performing the flip could have just done a cradle since she knew she wasn't connected anymore. it sucks that happened on finals because last year Rays Orange did the same thing on day 1!

its the same gyms year after year. are they really better? or is it just the name on the chest. yeah its sour grpaes but it was ridic. teams dropping whole pyramids still making it to finals when teams that didnt drop anything didnt? were they really trully that much cleaner that they still outscore even with there mistakes? worlds was stupid

its the same gyms year after year. are they really better? or is it just the name on the chest. yeah its sour grpaes but it was ridic. teams dropping whole pyramids still making it to finals when teams that didnt drop anything didnt? were they really trully that much cleaner that they still outscore even with there mistakes? worlds was stupid

If the difficulty of the team who dropped created a large gap in the scores, it makes perfect sense that a team would still make it to Finals.

Sometimes it seems easy to say "they only won because they're the Awesome All-Stars and the judges love them" and it's WAY too easy to start calling politics. But if you go back and objectively watch each and every team and ignore any bias you may have....you'll see that the judges usually DO get it right. It's always debatable (which is why the boards exist), but generally the team who wins IS the best.

Would have liked to see where CF would have placed if they would have hit their routine day 2. At the end it came down to big name programs taking the top 3. Even if CF would had hit I dont think they would have cracked the top 3. Not because they didnt derserve it but because they are not as well known as those the top 3 programs. IMO.

I don't think there is a "well known" category on the scoresheet.

Cheer Force did great on day 1, which is obvious by their 2d place. IMO if they would have hit on day 2 like they did Sat, it would have been very possible for them to medal. Keep in mind the top 6 teams all hit excellent routines so it would have been tough to call.

I'm happy the top places in this division were decided by their scoresheets, not who did or not didn't hit.

If it was all politics, there wouldn't be so many new world champs

Come on of course there would be. If we keep having all the same world champions year after year people (the way it should have been this year) people would be complaining about that. Then teams would start thinking why should we go back if all the same teams keep winning. So this year they had to change it up and give it to a different in a certain division. remember its all about the money its a business!!!!!

If the difficulty of the team who dropped created a large gap in the scores, it makes perfect sense that a team would still make it to Finals.

Sometimes it seems easy to say "they only won because they're the Awesome All-Stars and the judges love them" and it's WAY too easy to start calling politics. But if you go back and objectively watch each and every team and ignore any bias you may have....you'll see that the judges usually DO get it right. It's always debatable (which is why the boards exist), but generally the team who wins IS the best.

I agree with you a little, but you shouldn't score points for attempting a skill.

annecheer said:
Come on of course there would be. If we keep having all the same world champions year after year people (the way it should have been this year) people would be complaining about that. Then teams would start thinking why should we go back if all the same teams keep winning. So this year they had to change it up and give it to a different in a certain division. remember its all about the money its a business!!!!!

I feel more dumb having read your post. I'm sorry Lolita, the got it right, so I can only say this to you. "lo siento para ti"
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back