All-Star Coastal Battle At The Capital 1/31-2/1

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Coastal needs to do a better job of letting people into priority standing area. Can barely hear announcer for teams coming up and everyone crowds around the entrance to seating making it almost impossible to get everyone in the area in time to watch team. Plus so dark near stage can't see what the heck is going on.

Exactly. Seemed like either the EP didn't want to spend the money to book enough space, or the Gaylord didn't want to sell it. Definitely not the great experience it's been in the past.

Oh, and I guess awards had to run behind when they only booked one awards per session and then they couldn't fit a session's worth of teams in the space they had.

I have never been a fan of this comp because of the "strange" scoring...Not necessarily all of the placements, but definitely the scoring. There are always mistakes in calculations, etc. Our kids had to compete after 9pm this year while others in the L5 divisions were competing at 3pm. I believe that could make a difference in the scores. To make it fair, they should switch the days, so that everyone gets to compete at a semi-normal time.

We stayed at Hampton across street, after last year paying arm and leg for Gaylord. Got a huge room for a great price, which was great bc we had 6 people. The restrooms down on the Ballroom area were horrible. Looked like they never emptied the trashcans, and paper all over the floor. Yuck. The Hampton Inn has warm fresh baked cookies each evening. Yum!

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this comp. All the workers were great and I thought judging was right on. And we stayed at Gaylord and loved that too.

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this comp. All the workers were great and I thought judging was right on. And we stayed at Gaylord and loved that too.

Agreed! Loved every minute of it (this was our first time there). Scoring was fair. Very few major shut outs. We definitely became JamFans this weekend. I'm sure we will be back next year!

As a side note loved watching my Large Senior 2 babies give the performance of a lifetime Sunday and bring home (for most of them) their very first major national jacket.

...and I can't really complain about a competition when I get to spend most of the weekend with my fav Mrs. LeeLee!

Agreed! Loved every minute of it (this was our first time there). Scoring was fair. Very few major shut outs. We definitely became JamFans this weekend. I'm sure we will be back next year!

As a side note loved watching my Large Senior 2 babies give the performance of a lifetime Sunday and bring home (for most of them) their very first major national jacket.

...and I can't really complain about a competition when I get to spend most of the weekend with my fav Mrs. LeeLee!
Absolutely best part!! Can't wait for UCA and reach the beach!

Back