All-Star Coastal Battle At The Capital 1/31-2/1

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If I never see another chicken finger, I'm fine with that.
Best deal going is to walk over to Potbelly. Big ole toasted sub sandwich for under $5. The place was empty too, except for the VT team. No parents with them ;) The lines for crappy chicken fingers in the atrium were insane. And because of the changed setup, I didn't even notice the food inside the hall till day 2.

Oh, and this was the first time I didn't split a room at the Gaylord. The bill was ouch! I don't care what the princess says, if we go back, I'm staying at the Hampton. I already cut minimal costs at the Gaylord by parking in the garage across the street. I paid $35 for the weekend rather than $35/day.

Amen..I did not enjoy one of those this weekend, but plenty of $14 sandwiches LOL...
I packed in Wawa (local convenience store) packs of cheese, fruit and crackers, PB and sliced apples, and yogurt. That pretty much covered breakfast, lunch, and snacks. We had dinner at Nando's one night and Thai Pavilion the next. Potbelly ended up being Sunday night dinner. No $14 sandwiches for me.

And what was the deal with closing the team rooms at 3? That sucked when we had to check out at 11, lost team room at 3... Then what, schlep crap, check bags, or hope a teammate is staying over? That has not happened in the past, we always had the room till the end of the comp. And that was a Gaylord issue, not a Coastal issue.

I packed in Wawa (local convenience store) packs of cheese, fruit and crackers, PB and sliced apples, and yogurt. That pretty much covered breakfast, lunch, and snacks. We had dinner at Nando's one night and Thai Pavilion the next. Potbelly ended up being Sunday night dinner. No $14 sandwiches for me.

And what was the deal with closing the team rooms at 3? That sucked when we had to check out at 11, lost team room at 3... Then what, schlep crap, check bags, or hope a teammate is staying over? That has not happened in the past, we always had the room till the end of the comp. And that was a Gaylord issue, not a Coastal issue.
Not sure who's fault it is, but those rooms are usually part of the "contract" they put together with an EP. So that is probably what the EP put together with the Gaylord. We have some AMAZING team parents and they actually had one of the hospitality suites for Sat / Sunday for our girls. They had a place to rest/relax/bond etc. It really made the difference. They were able to bring in food/drinks. I brought some food into my hotel room, but just didn't have it in me to walk around and find stuff to eat. Too lazy/tired/stressed LOL.

yup. honestly i probably wouldn't have even noticed. i have a habit of just handing my amex and not paying attention. i will say though with my end of year amex statement it showed that we spent close to $2K eating out October through December. :eek: And when I went and looked at the charges it wasn't anything "big". a lot of little after practice stuff that i have learned adds up. that may reform me from just swiping whenever and handing over my card to my carpool girls when they go into Wawa.

Yeah when its late and she hasn't eaten I try to close my eyes and not notice. But $18.02 for Chicken fingers, fries, lemonade and mini oreos from the little store in the Gaylord caught my attention. She could have had steak and salad at Outback for that!

Yeah when its late and she hasn't eaten I try to close my eyes and not notice. But $18.02 for Chicken fingers, fries, lemonade and mini oreos from the little store in the Gaylord caught my attention. She could have had steak and salad at Outback for that!

Were they at least good? Never mind, I know the answer to that...

Back