OT Collecting Things. :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
fortunes from fortune cookies, movie and concert ticket stubs, and since i found my mom and grandma's button collection, buttons. i just have to figure out what to do with the buttons...
My friend has a button collection and she took all of her buttons and covered a whole table in them and then sealed them. It looks really cool. Shes going to do a whole bookshelf next.

My friend has a button collection and she took all of her buttons and covered a whole table in them and then sealed them. It looks really cool. Shes going to do a whole bookshelf next.

Oooh, this sounds like a good idea. Did she just put them on the table and then use a sealer paint over it or did she put something on top of the layer of buttons? That reminds me of a diner near me where all the tables have all kinds of trinkets, toys, tickets, etc and then there's a layer of glass/plastic over it... kind of like a shadow box, I guess.

RPlaceTable.jpg

probably a fun idea for anyone who collects lots of little things and hasn't figured out a good way to show them off.

Oooh, this sounds like a good idea. Did she just put them on the table and then use a sealer paint over it or did she put something on top of the layer of buttons? That reminds me of a diner near me where all the tables have all kinds of trinkets, toys, tickets, etc and then there's a layer of glass/plastic over it... kind of like a shadow box, I guess.

probably a fun idea for anyone who collects lots of little things and hasn't figured out a good way to show them off.

She did the clear paint sealer kind. She found an old table at a garage sale and sanded down the parts to make it even so when she glued the buttons to it theyd be flat and then she sealed it all down. She did the top, sides, and legs. I think it took her about a month to do it all and its a huge dining table. I know the clear sealer she used smelt bad so do it in a garage or outside if you happen to do this lol

We did this with our coffee table! It's covered in tickets from sporting events and concerts all the way back from when hubby and I started dating (our first date was an NFL game-those tix are in there). We covered it with glass though, so we can keep adding to it.

Wow I was skimming and thought you said BELLY buttons. That would be the world's weirdest collection.

........Is this real life?

From what I understand that company, Let's Crystal It, will do just about anything in crystals. I checked out their website, and they have some interesting phone covers. For $500 you can get any photo portrait done in crystals on the back of your phone!

i collect cheer bows as u said most of us do, as well as traded cheer tees, and then cheer pins:) i love to trade them as well :D

Latest posts

Back