OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Haha, that's funny...we had the same top choices! What are you thinking about studying?
I see you go to Duke! My mom went there and I absolutely love it. I'm not really sure about a major yet, but I've always been a math/science person as opposed to humanities so I'm leaning towards that area

I'm currently going into my Junior year. So far these are the colleges I'm interested in. I'll be going into Nursing. Anyone know anything about these schools?

-Quinnipiac University
-Southern Connecticut State University
-NYU (Probably won't happen)
-UMass Amherst
-Pace University, Pleasantville
-Drexel University
I just re read this and remembered something else! Drexel is free to apply to (or at least it was last year). But I hear it's a really intense, small college. Most posts on college sites were negative, but apparently they have a really great co-op experience.

So far I'm applying to

UConn (first choice)
Syracuse
UMass
Penn State
East Carolina

any opinions/recommendations/other schools I should look at? I'm trying to go for big state schools.

My dad went to syracuse and all i can say is its a great school but it gets very cold up there (im sure you already know that).

My school is having the ACT in October for the first time in the year. My mom is making me take it (she already signed me up.) 1. Its on my birthday and 2.I haven't taken algebra 2 yet so i'm probably going to get a VERY low score... this is not okay.:(

ETA: jk its not on my birthday.... dyslexic probz?

I'm going into my junior year. This is my list so far:
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
University of Wisconsin
Indiana University
UNC
Northwestern University
Princeton
Duke
Wash U
Vanderbilt
I'm at the beginning of the whole process, but my brother just left for college so I'm pretty familiar with the whole process. I know the first 5 schools on my list well, but if anyone knows a lot about the last 5 schools, please let me know. Any input is welcome :)

My school is having the ACT in October for the first time in the year. My mom is making me take it (she already signed me up.) 1. Its on my birthday and 2.I haven't taken algebra 2 yet so i'm probably going to get a VERY low score... this is not okay.:(

I would highly suggest going online and doing some practice ACT questions. The ACT is set up very differently than the SAT, and while I find it the test questions to be much easier, there is a very tight time limit. So, here are some tips.
-Bring a watch that doesn't make any noise so you can watch your time (If you have 35 minutes for a Reading test with 7 sections, time yourself so you have 5 minutes per section, move on even if you don't answer every section)
-Study the science section carefully when practicing- you don't need to know much actual science, but you need to be able to look at a graph, diagram, ect, and be able to analyze what it is saying
-PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE- seriously, if you find a whole test online, sit down and do it!!! The ACT is soooo different than the SAT so you need to get familiar with it.

Hope this helps!

Once again, if anyone is interested in schools in the Northeast/New England, specifically business programs but I know about others too! PM me! I actually kind of enjoyed the college process (except for dealing with my guidance counselor)

I would highly suggest going online and doing some practice ACT questions. The ACT is set up very differently than the SAT, and while I find it the test questions to be much easier, there is a very tight time limit. So, here are some tips.
-Bring a watch that doesn't make any noise so you can watch your time (If you have 35 minutes for a Reading test with 7 sections, time yourself so you have 5 minutes per section, move on even if you don't answer every section)
-Study the science section carefully when practicing- you don't need to know much actual science, but you need to be able to look at a graph, diagram, ect, and be able to analyze what it is saying
-PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE- seriously, if you find a whole test online, sit down and do it!!! The ACT is soooo different than the SAT so you need to get familiar with it.

Hope this helps!
Thank you! it does:) i haven't taken the SAT yet, so i guess i wouldn't realize the difference. I'm actually really good at science (unless its chemistry:rolleyes:) i got really good scores on the PLAN and EXPLORE. but i guess the ACT is more serious than those since it determines alot about where i can go for college. but thank you for the tips! i will defiantly use them.

The science section on the ACT is probably the worst part. Do some practice tests to familiarize yourself with it. I prefer to not read the data and go straight to the questions, but that's just a personal preference.

For the math section, know how to use your graphing calculator. So many questions can be solved without doing any work on scratch paper.

Also, if you are doing the ACT with writing, make sure you include a section with the opposing view point, then go on to explain why that is incorrect. One of my teachers gave me the best advice for writing on the ACT: make an argument for the side that's the easiest, it doesn't necessarily have to be the side you agree with.

Good luck!

I see you go to Duke! My mom went there and I absolutely love it. I'm not really sure about a major yet, but I've always been a math/science person as opposed to humanities so I'm leaning towards that area

Haha so did my mom actually...that's funny. Duke is amazing :)

As a math/science person, be careful in your choice of schools if you have any interest in engineering. Not all schools have formal egr programs....lookin' at you, UNC (GTHC) and BC.

Back