OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I don't know what position you are but I know from a pretty reliable source that Louisville All Girl is in need of backspots more than anything. Like if you are an extremely good back they might be more laxed on tumbling requirements.
I do both, but its more realistic for me to be a 'full-time' side base since I'm only 5'4 and dont think I'll be growing anymore

If you follow me on twitter, you'll know how OBSESSED I am with UConn! I was going to apply Early Decision until I just recently I found out that they did away with ED and EA :( Any thing you know about UConn? I love learning new things about the school.

I was accepted at UConn when I was college searching!!!! I realllllly wanted to go there (my second all time choice after UNC-CH) but out of state tuition wasn't something my patents were keen on when I was accepted to Pitt which was in-state.

I was accepted at UConn when I was college searching!!!! I realllllly wanted to go there (my second all time choice after UNC-CH) but out of state tuition wasn't something my patents were keen on when I was accepted to Pitt which was in-state.
If you don't mind me asking, what were your SAT scores and grades like? I'm a little nervous about if my scores are high enough

If you don't mind me asking, what were your SAT scores and grades like? I'm a little nervous about if my scores are high enough
If it helps, I know a girl who was in the Nursing program at UConn I believe. She had slightly above average grades (B to A-) and took honors courses but no APs.

So no word from Lenoir-Rhyne yet.. They're probably gonna get back to me on September 5th (the second date for early admissions) since I had to rush my transcripts

I'm gonna be a senior, and these are the schools I'm thinking about..they're not definite though-
I'm pretty sure I want to go south (i live in ny) so Vanderbilt, Rice, Duke, and UNC are my top choices. In state I'm thinking about NYU and Barnard. Also GW, Boston college, Lehigh, and Bucknell. I spent the summer at UCLA so I was thinking about applying there and USC, but I'm not sure I want to go that far. If anyone goes to these schools/knows a lot about them PM me :) I feel like I need to narrow this down a bit haha

Haha, that's funny...we had the same top choices! What are you thinking about studying?

@Monae and @TinyBlondie15 University of South Carolina Columbia has a Sport and Entertainment Management program! I'm not sure about the competitiveness since I'm a psych major but there's another option if you're still deciding on where to apply and hey, it's in the top 20 list of party schools :) ...if that's your thing

So far I'm applying to

UConn (first choice)
Syracuse
UMass
Penn State
East Carolina

any opinions/recommendations/other schools I should look at? I'm trying to go for big state schools.

So far I'm applying to

UConn (first choice)
Syracuse
UMass
Penn State
East Carolina

any opinions/recommendations/other schools I should look at? I'm trying to go for big state schools.
URI is similar to UConn, and the campus is gorgeous.

So far I'm applying to

UConn (first choice)
Syracuse
UMass
Penn State
East Carolina

My sister went to Syracuse. She loved it, cheered there and was involved in Greek life. Out of state tuition was killer though but it was her first choice for their broadcast journalism program.
UMass Amherst's nickname is ZooMass and it definitely lives up to it. A few of my classmates ("Bathrobe Girl" was in my gym class) were arrested for disorderly conduct or kicked out after the Super Bowl riot, my friend's had someone puke right in front of her door and another friend's hallway was egged during Day Glow. Not everyone's a raging meat head though. The town itself is small but really cute, kind of like a quintessential New England town. Everyone that goes there has a lot of school pride. I was planning on going there but we moved and I didn't want to make my parents pay two out of state tuitions. :(

So I'm working on my essay for The University of Oregon and it's about cheerleading. I would love it if you guys could edit/revise/give advise on it as it is my first essay.
Prompt: The UO is interested in learning more about you. Write an essay (500 words maximum) that shares information that we cannot find elsewhere on your application. Any topic you choose is welcome. Some ideas you might consider include your future ambitions and goals, a special talent or unusual interest that sets you apart from your peers, or a significant experience that influenced your life.

Essay:
As everyone knows, life can get hectic and stressful at times. Sometimes we feel we can't take it anymore; that it's not worth it. We all need a healthy outlet to release this feeling. For me, that is cheerleading. I have been a cheerleader since 4th grade and have loved it from day one. I love everything about it. I love the team feeling, the family atmosphere, and even the long practices that leave you so worn out you can barely walk. This year, however, I did not make the school team as I did not have the required skills and I wasn't able to do competition team. Naturally, I was upset. It was my senior year and I wouldn't be on the sidelines cheering my team to victory nor be able to experience the rush of competition one last time. My whole outlook changed when I got the opportunity of a lifetime: the opportunity to help coach young girls for the local recreational league. Coaching these young girls has brought life and meaning to the quote “..Somewhere behind the athlete you've become, and the hours of practice, and the coaches who pushed you, and the teammates who believed in you, and the fans who cheered for you, is the little girl who fell in love with the sport and never looked back. Tonight -- perform for her." When I demonstrate something with the other coaches for the girls, seeing the light in their eyes makes me smile. Their want and desire to reach the stars and become cheerleaders warms my heart. Knowing that I have inspired them makes me see that life is worth it. What good have you done in life if you have not shared your love for something with someone else? I feel that everyone needs to feel the joy of inspiring a young person at least once in his or her life. It makes you feel good about yourself and when you feel good about yourself, you feel happy. When you are happy, others around you are happy too.

Back