OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
GUYS.. I have officially finished my first semester with 2 A's and 2 B+'s, along with passing two other 1 credit pass-fail classes! I'm just so excited!
Now that I really do have a full semester under my belt and feel really confident on my decision of school I'm definitely available for any advice. PM me if you have any questions about college, schools in the northeast, or business programs.

here's my dilemma, do I major in nursing because the schools I'm looking at do offer it as a major, or do I major in a science then go to nursing school? :confused:
Where I am right now, my college has a bridge program with TWU (texas women's university) where if you get into the nursing program where I am currently, you get into TWU's.
My school has me on an Associate of Arts - Science program...idk why its an 'Art' but I trust them...so I have my core classes, electives, and then my second year there are clinical I and II classes. You then have to apply for nursing program, you must have a 2.5 (or 3.0 i can't remember) to be accepted, although the higher the GPA the higher your chances are to be accepted. Then you must do 2 years in the nursing program/school.
So to answer your question, I would say do a major in Science then apply to a nursing school. Hope I helped!!!

That's just basically how it works in Texas, not sure where your from but that is how I'm doing it! Good luck! :)

Where I am right now, my college has a bridge program with TWU (texas women's university) where if you get into the nursing program where I am currently, you get into TWU's.
My school has me on an Associate of Arts - Science program...idk why its an 'Art' but I trust them...so I have my core classes, electives, and then my second year there are clinical I and II classes. You then have to apply for nursing program, you must have a 2.5 (or 3.0 i can't remember) to be accepted, although the higher the GPA the higher your chances are to be accepted. Then you must do 2 years in the nursing program/school.
So to answer your question, I would say do a major in Science then apply to a nursing school. Hope I helped!!!

That's just basically how it works in Texas, not sure where your from but that is how I'm doing it! Good luck! :)
thank you! all the schools I've applied to have allowed me to select nursing as my major, so hopefully that works out...

Is it bad that I applied to some schools only because I knew I would get accepted and I like that feeling... :oops:
nope, nothing wrong with that! some of the school I applied to I knew I'd get into as well. I mean hey, it never hurts to have options and back ups! plus it's a sense of accomplishment!

I applied to 13 and people thought I was crazy
Do you have to pay for applications? We got to send our ACT scores to three places for free and then any extra cost like $15. And two of the five schools I applied to charged around $45 to send in your application. Both were University of Wisconsin system schools.

how many colleges is too many to apply to?
I picked out 8 colleges I liked then applied to my top 4. I knew I would hear from all of them by the middle of December & depending on what the results were I planned on sending out the next 4. I got into all of the ones I sent so I didn't end up sending the other half. It saved me time/money & now I'm done with waiting for decisions & can make a final decision :)

I know a few girls who applied to 20 & over & I think they are absolutely insane. Most of my friends did around 6-8 sometimes 10.

Do you have to pay for applications? We got to send our ACT scores to three places for free and then any extra cost like $15. And two of the five schools I applied to charged around $45 to send in your application. Both were University of Wisconsin system schools.
My parents paid for 8 out of the 13. The others were free applications. The schools sent me emails saying that I could fill out an abbreviated version of the real application and I'd get a decision within 2 weeks. I took the SATs and those were $11 each and I didn't have any free ones because I took mine in June. The other schools fees for each app were anywhere from $45-$75 each.

I applied to 5. One safety, three average, and one reach. I got accepted to all of them except I was waitlisted by my reach school which I knew was over reaching. Being waitlisted to a school of its caliber is actually an honor haha. Most of my friends applied to that many though. I know one girl who applied to 15 and was completely overwhelmed when deciding.. she's actually one of my friends who I don't know if she's really happy at her school. Not sure if that has to do with the fact that her decision was very complex and rushed.

Back in my day I applied to 3.

My younger sister (a high school senior) applied to 3, although she has known where she intended to go for 3 years now. She applied at the last 2 school after she'd been accepted to her first choice back in September because they both offered free application fees because of her test scores and AP scores.

She paid her housing deposit (to her 1st choice) back in October and heard back from the last school a few days ago.

She's not an indecisive person

I applied to five (got accepted to all of them) and I had no idea where I planned on going. I changed my mind three times and now I'm transferring for my sophomore year. Not excited to go through this process all over again.

I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with my life. I want to be a type of psychologist,(I think.) preferably a criminal one but after the Sandy Hook shooting with all of the kids I'm not sure if I could handle it... I have AP Psychology next semester so ill probably make that decision then, but it really interests me.
And also, what is an out of state waiver and how hard are they to get?

Back