OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Okay so just a question in general because i know i want to be some type of psychologist... I'm not sure what kind yet. I would love to be a criminal psychologist but i don't think i could handle it... SO... a Major in psychology and minor in special education to become a psychologist for children with special needs... Realistic or am I missing something?

Okay so just a question in general because i know i want to be some type of psychologist... I'm not sure what kind yet. I would love to be a criminal psychologist but i don't think i could handle it... SO... a Major in psychology and minor in special education to become a psychologist for children with special needs... Realistic or am I missing something?

So...you'd want to be a School Psychologist? I don't know exactly but I'm assuming that would work out similarly to my MLIS..School Library Media...where I needed teacher certification to work in a school...essentially like a second masters since I didn't have a BA in education.

If this is along the lines of what you want to do, I would recommend looking at degree requirements for Masters/Doctoral requirements School Psychology Programs... and for college I'd major in education and get a minor in psychology..

Also...you would be able to teach while you worked on your masters/phd...

This is the route I wish I'd gone in undergrad rather than getting a silly degree in Mass Communication and then studying library science in grad

So...you'd want to be a School Psychologist? I don't know exactly but I'm assuming that would work out similarly to my MLIS..School Library Media...where I needed teacher certification to work in a school...essentially like a second masters since I didn't have a BA in education.

If this is along the lines of what you want to do, I would recommend looking at degree requirements for Masters/Doctoral requirements School Psychology Programs... and for college I'd major in education and get a minor in psychology..

Also...you would be able to teach while you worked on your masters/phd...

This is the route I wish I'd gone in undergrad rather than getting a silly degree in Mass Communication and then studying library science in grad
I would rather be working in an office and not in a school.

I'd say realistic for undergrad. You'd definitely need a masters and probably a PhD but if you're still in high school I wouldn't worry too much about those things yet. The one thing I've learned is to not force yourself into a specific career just because you have an idealistic image of how things are supposed to be in your head. I'm now in my third year of college and changing my major from a very specific one to something more broad. I may not be able to get a job with it and it terrifies me, but at least I won't be working in a field I know I hate. Just keep an open mind about things and you'll be fine.

Not sure if I said this already but I got accepted to the University of North Florida and Flagler College!

Jealous about Flagler! We stayed at a resort in Palm Coast a few years ago over Easter and went to St. Augustine a few nights and I loveddd it. It's the only town I would ever consider moving to on the Atlantic side of Florida. I just love the Gulf side too much haha

Jealous about Flagler! We stayed at a resort in Palm Coast a few years ago over Easter and went to St. Augustine a few nights and I loveddd it. It's the only town I would ever consider moving to on the Atlantic side of Florida. I just love the Gulf side too much haha
Haha :) Flagler is like, 20 minutes away from my house and its just seen as a local college :p The gulf side is so gorgeous! I've been a couple times and I love it there.

So, in my mind I've pretty much decided I want to go to UNF (University of North Florida) but I'm still waiting on scholarship info (don't find out until February 1st and I'll be in California). If I get this job I applied for at Applebees then I'll be half paying for college and half for tumbling lessons again so I can cheer there.

Back