OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Soooo I posted on here a while ago with a list of schools. It was in the beginning of the year and I actually had no idea what I was looking for in a school. Now that I've visited a few, I have a list of actual ones. I plan on going to visit Florida ones in the summer. If anyone has any schools they could recommend based off my list please share! I'm kind of all over the place with my list, oh well. I'm not sure if I will be cheering, if I am it probably won't be competitive. I will be going into Nursing and I am currently a junior.
-UCF
-East Carolina
-UK
-Umass Amherst
-UNC Charlotte
-Penn State Main
-Quinnipiac
-Univ. Rhode Island
-USF
-Univ. of Tampa
-West Chester Univ. of PA
-Rutgers

Does anyone know of some good colleges in the midwest to cheer at that compete to?

I know Bowling Green State University in Ohio just got second at UCA in small coed division 1. A girl I cheered with last year cheers there now and she loves it!

okay so far of the 13 schools I applied to, I have heard back from only 4. But the exciting news is that I have been accepted to all 4, and offered merit scholarships from each! and who said cheerleader's weren't smart? but the four schools I've heard from are:
Whitworth University (in washington)
University of Tampa
Florida Southern College
and Abilene Christian University (in Texas)

so I feel like its deja vu over here... I'm a junior in college, and let me tell you I have no idea where my time in undergrad went. its crazy. so now im looking at grad schools. but here's my question to everyone- to those of you who know what you're going for (undergrad or grad), what did you use as your source to rule out what was a "good" school for your major and which ones weren't? for my undergrad, well, lets just say I had my head up my butt for a long time... almost couldn't go to sru because I decided so late that it was the school I wanted to go to. essentially I just got really lucky that our AT program is one of the top rated in the country.... I had no CLUE about any of my schools or even what I actually wanted to go for. unfortunately now I'm realizing I do not enjoy AT as much as I thought I did, and I am now looking at physicians assistant programs for grad school. there actually aren't that many in the country, but my problem is I don't know how to weed out which ones aren't good and which ones are considered top rated programs. obviously I'll need to look at some middle ground schools for safe schools, but how did yall research that?

so I feel like its deja vu over here... I'm a junior in college, and let me tell you I have no idea where my time in undergrad went. its crazy. so now im looking at grad schools. but here's my question to everyone- to those of you who know what you're going for (undergrad or grad), what did you use as your source to rule out what was a "good" school for your major and which ones weren't? for my undergrad, well, lets just say I had my head up my butt for a long time... almost couldn't go to sru because I decided so late that it was the school I wanted to go to. essentially I just got really lucky that our AT program is one of the top rated in the country.... I had no CLUE about any of my schools or even what I actually wanted to go for. unfortunately now I'm realizing I do not enjoy AT as much as I thought I did, and I am now looking at physicians assistant programs for grad school. there actually aren't that many in the country, but my problem is I don't know how to weed out which ones aren't good and which ones are considered top rated programs. obviously I'll need to look at some middle ground schools for safe schools, but how did yall research that?

If you are looking to stay near SRU, the University of Pittsburgh has a PA program. So does Duquesne University. I think Chatham does as well.

If you are looking to stay near SRU, the University of Pittsburgh has a PA program. So does Duquesne University. I think Chatham does as well.

yeah I've looked at the schools in PA.... I don't really wanna stay in PA to be honest. or anywhere in the midwest/up north. I mean, I wanna go where I will get the best education, but I really hate where I live lol so if I can do that by moving down south, awesome.

us news and world report have always had pretty decent rankings of schools--in general, by program, and other things too. You have to pay for a (yearly?) membership to see all the details, but they also break everything down really well as to why schools scored the way they did. I bought it my sophomore or junior year of high school because it was the best resource I found, and it seemed very unbiased and transparent. I'm not sure how detailed within programs they get anymore (it's been six years since I've looked into it like that) but I know they have medical schools, and even though that's not exactly what you're looking for, it would be a decent place to start.

ETA: They also rank hospitals, so if you combine the med schools and hospital rankings, i'd say the area would be a good one to look into for schools.

I have been accepted to Hawaii pacific, Navarro, as Trinity Valley.
My plans were set for Hawaii but now they no longer have a cheer leading team :( so I tryout for Navarro and TVCC in 2 weeks ! Then I will decide . I will be an hour away from Cheer Athletics ! So I will be trying out there as well!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I have been accepted to Hawaii pacific, Navarro, as Trinity Valley.
My plans were set for Hawaii but now they no longer have a cheer leading team :( so I tryout for Navarro and TVCC in 2 weeks ! Then I will decide . I will be an hour away from Cheer Athletics ! So I will be trying out there as well!

Goodluck girly :)

A girl that cheers for my husband just asked if I knew anyone going to Alabama next year as a freshman because she doesn't want to room with someone that doesn't share any interests (like a love for cheer)... Any of you out there need a roommate still?

ETA: looks like US News does have a ranking for PAs...its' from 2011 but it's a start!

From the research I've done it seems like US News doesn't rank every program every year. It seems like they rotate some of the less major programs so they hit them every 3 years or so. At least that's how it's seemed for my son's major of interest.

Back