OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
From the research I've done it seems like US News doesn't rank every program every year. It seems like they rotate some of the less major programs so they hit them every 3 years or so. At least that's how it's seemed for my son's major of interest.

That could be why that was the most recent for PA schools. But I honestly can't see rankings changing dramatically within 3 years, so to at least gauge where a school falls and what to classify it as for an individual (reach, good fit, safety) it should be okay with that, I'd think.

us news and world report have always had pretty decent rankings of schools--in general, by program, and other things too. You have to pay for a (yearly?) membership to see all the details, but they also break everything down really well as to why schools scored the way they did. I bought it my sophomore or junior year of high school because it was the best resource I found, and it seemed very unbiased and transparent. I'm not sure how detailed within programs they get anymore (it's been six years since I've looked into it like that) but I know they have medical schools, and even though that's not exactly what you're looking for, it would be a decent place to start.

ETA: They also rank hospitals, so if you combine the med schools and hospital rankings, i'd say the area would be a good one to look into for schools.

yeah that's where I started with my search !! I think the only way I'm going to figure out rankings is to compare pass rates. I saw the US news rank but my mom said it wasn't my best reference to go to. but she didn't suggest a better one lol

If anyone knows could someone please pm me or post on here what some good colleges that compete or if just game day are great D-1 schools to cheer for in the Midwest? Thanks :)

If anyone knows could someone please pm me or post on here what some good colleges that compete or if just game day are great D-1 schools to cheer for in the Midwest? Thanks :)
Where in the Midwest are you thinking?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

So I haven't been on in a while but I'm officially starting at Florida Gulf Coast University in the fall! :D

I'm seriously so jealous of you. That was one of my top choices its literally a perfect school, to me at least haha. We live in Ohio and I've been planning on going to school in Florida for the last four years...last minute decided I didn't wanna be that far from my family. So I'm staying in Ohio (though 4 hours away). But my plan is to go to Florida for grad school, plus my parents are planning on moving there within the next two years :D What are you gonna be studying there?

I'm seriously so jealous of you. That was one of my top choices its literally a perfect school, to me at least haha. We live in Ohio and I've been planning on going to school in Florida for the last four years...last minute decided I didn't wanna be that far from my family. So I'm staying in Ohio (though 4 hours away). But my plan is to go to Florida for grad school, plus my parents are planning on moving there within the next two years :D What are you gonna be studying there?
Haha :) you should come to Florida! I'm studying Sports Management (major) with a minor in marketing!

Haha :) you should come to Florida! I'm studying Sports Management (major) with a minor in marketing!

I want to soooo bad. I'm actually going to Florida for spring break tomorrow! I wouldn't mind a minor in Sports Management haha. I really just wanna work with athletes. I'm majoring in kinesiology and then have to decide between physical therapy or a physician's assistant.

My daughter is trying out for the Penn State cheer team in April, and there is an interview component. Anyone have any idea of what to expect during this part of the tryout?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Hopefully I'll be transferring into Old Dominion this fall. I'm terrified that my credits wont transfer the way that I'm expecting , and I don't know if I'm admitted until the end of May/beginning of June.

Hopefully I'll be transferring into Old Dominion this fall. I'm terrified that my credits wont transfer the way that I'm expecting , and I don't know if I'm admitted until the end of May/beginning of June.

My best friends goes there, one cheers. I love the campus and it's deff. an option.

Visiting Townson tomorrow, super excited. I just hope that I could cheer there, then it would be perfect.

Back