All-Star Competition Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

LeahofthePack

I recognize any state in a crowd
May 27, 2011
Are there any creative styles out there besides the always classic hair poof or the side braid?

Pictures welcome :)

I remember at a competition a few years ago seeing plenty of the fake curls falling all over the mat. Hair malfunction

im a fan of the french braid up the back.

We do this with CP's hair. Her hair is super thin and hits just to the top of her shoulders- like a longer bob. It is the only way I can keep the hair in the back of her head up. Otherwise it's falling out of her ponytail, etc., and just looks a mess. I do it dutch style though (upside down braid) the extra twist you have to put in it when you are braiding seems to hold better than a traditional braid.

We do this with CP's hair. Her hair is super thin and hits just to the top of her shoulders- like a longer bob. It is the only way I can keep the hair in the back of her head up. Otherwise it's falling out of her ponytail, etc., and just looks a mess.
I love when teams do this. this way everyone looks the same: a ponytail with a little flare.

I love when teams do this. this way everyone looks the same: a ponytail with a little flare.

Oh, haha, no. It's just CP. We did a half-up half-down do for the first event, but IMO, it was a hassle. Her gym is using these heavy blinged out bows from Yella and her hair is just so thin I could not get it to stand up properly with the weight of the bow. So, the braid was the next idea. It worked out wonderfully!

Oh, haha, no. It's just CP. We did a half-up half-down do for the first event, but IMO, it was a hassle. Her gym is using these heavy blinged out bows from Yella and her hair is just so thin I could not get it to stand up properly with the weight of the bow. So, the braid was the next idea. It worked out wonderfully!
oh, sorry! haha, but its a good look.

We do this with CP's hair. Her hair is super thin and hits just to the top of her shoulders- like a longer bob. It is the only way I can keep the hair in the back of her head up. Otherwise it's falling out of her ponytail, etc., and just looks a mess. I do it dutch style though (upside down braid) the extra twist you have to put in it when you are braiding seems to hold better than a traditional braid.

I did that at worlds last year to try and get all my hair up like everyone else and I had random pieces like falling out, I was backstage trying to bobby pin them into place. Stupid fine hair - even hairspray didn't hold it still.

I did that at worlds last year to try and get all my hair up like everyone else and I had random pieces like falling out, I was backstage trying to bobby pin them into place. Stupid fine hair - even hairspray didn't hold it still.

Even with the braids inverted? Try braiding it wet with gel in it. Perhaps that will help.

I cant wait to start competing.. in the off season i got a deep barrell waver by bed head..its so much easier then curling.. and it gives it more volume.. definitely a good investment.

i still have mine, in the plastic tuppermaid box they came in... is that weird? :p
I still have mine somewhere. When I was younger, after we had switched to a hair style that is more natural...I used to point the cheer curls on my dolls. I guarantee you that they are still attached to some dolls head in my garage somewhere.

i still have mine, in the plastic tuppermaid box they came in... is that weird? :p

i do too. i was cleaning out my closet a few days ago and found them. still in tact. i think it could have been considered child abuse though... since they literally had to be SEWN into your hair.

Back