All-Star Competition Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mytriplek

Cheer Parent
Oct 18, 2012
Looking for suggestions....

What makeup do you use for competition? My cp went from a gym that provides all makeup and gives instruction to a gym that doesn't. The new gym just says your face should be "beat".

Beat = fierce, glam, amazing looking.

Ex: "Did you see Kayla's homecoming make up. Her face was beat!"

I work in a HS. I know these things. You're welcome.
But why are adults using it? I'm 24 and I don't know that slang. Weirdos.

To the OP: look for pictures of girls from last year. See how they generally did their makeup. Most teams do a smokey eye with lashes and a red or pink lip, so that's probably a safe choice.

To the OP: look for pictures of girls from last year. See how they generally did their makeup. Most teams do a smokey eye with lashes and a red or pink lip, so that's probably a safe choice.

The term is popular with gay men. At least it's popular with my gay male friends.

Face beat. Hair laid.

I mean it makes sense for gyms to use it. Bye Felisha, werk, serve, yassss, beat, laid, hunty, tea....all this stuff appearing in cheer culture...all were Columbused from somewhere.

The term is popular with gay men. At least it's popular with my gay male friends.

Face beat. Hair laid.

I mean it makes sense for gyms to use it. Bye Felisha, werk, serve, yassss, beat, laid, hunty, tea....all this stuff appearing in cheer culture...all were Columbused from somewhere.

Yep.

I took cp to a MAC counter and told them that I needed <insert whatever your gym's instruction is> and it needs to be stage ready and sweatproof since she is using it for cheerleading comps.

I knew I found the right artist when his followup question was "All star or Rec?" :)

It is great. They will do a full face, and instruct you on how to do it. They will also give you a "map" where they plot out what make up goes where , so you can remember when you do it yourself. I think it was a requirement of a $60 dollar purchase for the service. Well worth it. We got everything suggested and I think it came to $75 ish - but you could also just grab the main components to the look from there and a few items for yourself if you don;t want to by a ton of makeup for cp.

I took cp to a MAC counter and told them that I needed <insert whatever your gym's instruction is> and it needs to be stage ready and sweatproof since she is using it for cheerleading comps.

I knew I found the right artist when his followup question was "All star or Rec?" :)

It is great. They will do a full face, and instruct you on how to do it. They will also give you a "map" where they plot out what make up goes where , so you can remember when you do it yourself. I think it was a requirement of a $60 dollar purchase for the service. Well worth it. We got everything suggested and I think it came to $75 ish - but you could also just grab the main components to the look from there and a few items for yourself if you don;t want to by a ton of makeup for cp.

Do you know what the individual make-up pieces you bought were (not the colors but the type of foundation, type of eyeshadow, ect)? I need new stuff for me.

I know they do a smokey eye and a red lip. I was wondering what good products were for eye shadows, lips etc...

I'm used to just buying the makeup palette that comes with the uniform. Buying makeup retail is new for me

I know they do a smokey eye and a red lip. I was wondering what good products were for eye shadows, lips etc...

I'm used to just buying the makeup palette that comes with the uniform. Buying makeup retail is new for me
I have the Lorac Ooh La Lace palette and it is honestly the easiest silver/grey/black smokey eye I have ever done! Plus it's pretty small and will be good to travel with.
The Urban Decay Naked Basics palette is browns and blacks rather than greys, and it makes a great smokey eye as well. This one is really small too.

For lips definitely look into Stila Liquid Lipstick. It's super bright and stays on forever. It's like 20 and that is the only con. Revlon Colorstay glosses stay on forever too and it's a lot cheaper, but really hard to put on, I think lol

There's lots of inexpensive options too. The elf eyeshadow primer is $1 and stays on for me all day- worked better than urban decay on my skin. Rimmel Kate Moss collection red lipsticks are great- put a layer on, blot and dust with translucent powder, apply another layer. NYX stay matte setting spray is ace, and also their jumbo crayons and baked eyeshadows (applied over primer) have great pigments. All available from Target!

Back