All-Star Confessions Of A Cheermom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As I am doing laundry after this competition weekend, I confess this...mismatched socks DO NOT work with my OCD! I just got back from Target as I tossed out all mismatched socks and bought brand new, all white, bleachable socks. Somehow mismatch creeps back into the laundry!
OMG my cp MUST wear mismatched socks, she thinks it will jinx her tumbling if they match, no idea why.

Baby wipes do wonders!!!
I have used antibacterial wipes on my daughter's shoes so she won't contaminate her bases hands and passed out the antibacterial hand gel to the team after performance (especially during the mini years) so they wouldn't be contaminated by the godknowswhat they touched on the spring floor.

That is a deep dark confession.[/quote]
My daughter was walking in heels (at home of course) and turned her foot sideways...she said it hurt but we iced it and then she said it felt better. A couple days later at practice she said it hurt but I figured it was bruised so I told her to suck it up and we iced it again and she felt it was better. A couple of practices after that she was a little wobbly in her stunt and I asked her what was wrong and she replied that her foot still hurt so we iced it and it felt better. Finally a full six weeks after what I thought was a little bruise from turning her foot sideways in heels she throws her pass and starts crying when she lands so I go ahead and make a Dr's appointment cause clearly the ice and my 'suck it up' advice is no longer affecting what is now obviously hypochondria on her part. Turns out her bruised foot is actually a broken foot. She was in a cast for a week and boot for three weeks afterwards. Only thing was she had a competition the Sunday before the Thursday that was to be the end of the three weeks in the boot. Yeah that's right, she took off the boot we had another parent (it's all good he's an MD) wrap her foot so she could still compete. I'll take my mom of the year award now.

I got caught doing the voodoo fingers at Cheersport. And it wasn't even for my cp's division. It was at the request of a friend. (The voodoo fingers have been very powerful this season. Kind of scary). Pretty funny actually. This mom looks behind her, sees me and says "Now you just cut that out! I know what that is!"
Be careful with the voodoo fingers! It backfired on me this past weekend. The groups I used it on were solid but my own cp's stunt had a huge bobble. Hmm, maybe someone more experienced was using it on her.

I'm the mom who stayed at every practice, always made sure good was there for the kids(snuck in), cheer bows were awesome, created assembly line to apply make up to 20 12 year olds, got blingy parent gear made, lost my voice at every 2 day competition. Now my cp is no longer a cp she is princess only. Come to find out I'm just OCD and I apply these same skills to all sports or activities even if my princess is not participating. I'm just that mom! My princess is 16 and graduating early. I have no idea what I'm going to do.. Oh wait, I think I'm still married :)

I'm the mom who stayed at every practice, always made sure food was there for the kids(snuck in), cheer bows were awesome, created assembly line to apply make up to 20 12 year olds, got blingy parent gear made, lost my voice at every 2 day competition. Now my cp is no longer a cp she is princess only. Come to find out I'm just OCD and I apply these same skills to all sports or activities even if my princess is not participating. I'm just that mom! My princess is 16 and graduating early. I have no idea what I'm going to do.. Oh wait, I think I'm still married :)

2 weeks ago CP's team got a paid bid to the Summit. I want so badly to be happy and excited for her but I spent the first week expecting (secretly hoping) they gym to say we weren't going. But here I am, stressing about hotels, money, transportation, money, and oh yeah, money. 4 comps down, 3 to go I may already be burnt out. And it's her first year.

2 weeks ago CP's team got a paid bid to the Summit. I want so badly to be happy and excited for her but I spent the first week expecting (secretly hoping) they gym to say we weren't going. But here I am, stressing about hotels, money, transportation, money, and oh yeah, money. 4 comps down, 3 to go I may already be burnt out. And it's her first year.
don't worry after another year or 2 you'll be numb to that part ;)

Something that annoys me about VIP is all the kids from the gym are little and fast and run and get all the front row seats. I used to ask them to let me sit down since I was paying the bills.

Our gym has an unspoken rule that athletes supporting their fellow gym members are required to sit/ kneel on the floor in front and stay down so the parents of the performing athletes can see their kids.

Back