All-Star Confessions Of A Cheermom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm the mom who stayed at every practice, always made sure good was there for the kids(snuck in), cheer bows were awesome, created assembly line to apply make up to 20 12 year olds, got blingy parent gear made, lost my voice at every 2 day competition. Now my cp is no longer a cp she is princess only. Come to find out I'm just OCD and I apply these same skills to all sports or activities even if my princess is not participating. I'm just that mom! My princess is 16 and graduating early. I have no idea what I'm going to do.. Oh wait, I think I'm still married :)

OMG we could totally be twins! When my daughter told me a few weeks ago she didn't want to do allstar anymore, I seriously cried. Then I offered to drive her to CEA (which is an hour and 45 minutes one way).....she still said no, she's burnt out. She told me "Mom, you can't be a cheer mom forever". She does still want to attend Worlds though (which we conveniently planned our Disney vacation around this year). I'm hoping that will change her mind!

OMG we could totally be twins! When my daughter told me a few weeks ago she didn't want to do allstar anymore, I seriously cried. Then I offered to drive her to CEA (which is an hour and 45 minutes one way).....she still said no, she's burnt out. She told me "Mom, you can't be a cheer mom forever". She does still want to attend Worlds though (which we conveniently planned our Disney vacation around this year). I'm hoping that will change her mind!

I feel you! If my daughter will tell me some day (and i hope it never happens) that she will take a season off or quit cheerleading, i will be a teary mess for weeks. Even i'm still struggeling being her coach, there's no better feeling than watching her perform.

And yes i know, when she's injured or ill, for the mom of the year award i would have to let her sit out. But i confess i'm proud of her pushing trough.
I'm afraid of the day she will have probably have an injury that will make her sit out and let it heal, but for now we fortunately haven't had anything serious.

Oh, and i confess as much as i love competition weekends, i'm looking forward to the day she'll be old enough to do hair and make-up by herself. I'm just not good at it :-(

I feel you! If my daughter will tell me some day (and i hope it never happens) that she will take a season off or quit cheerleading, i will be a teary mess for weeks. Even i'm still struggeling being her coach, there's no better feeling than watching her perform.

And yes i know, when she's injured or ill, for the mom of the year award i would have to let her sit out. But i confess i'm proud of her pushing trough.
I'm afraid of the day she will have probably have an injury that will make her sit out and let it heal, but for now we fortunately haven't had anything serious.

Oh, and i confess as much as i love competition weekends, i'm looking forward to the day she'll be old enough to do hair and make-up by herself. I'm just not good at it :-(

I am having the same issues! My daughter is graduating this year - she does have a "super senior year" and has been on an IOC5 the past few years, I am getting a little panicky trying to figure out what I am supposed to do with all of my time if she goes away to college next year! There should be an "Old Cheer Moms" home, where we all go sit to bling stuff and watch old cheer videos, and gossip. LOL

I am having the same issues! My daughter is graduating this year - she does have a "super senior year" and has been on an IOC5 the past few years, I am getting a little panicky trying to figure out what I am supposed to do with all of my time if she goes away to college next year! There should be an "Old Cheer Moms" home, where we all go sit to bling stuff and watch old cheer videos, and gossip. LOL

What a great idea! I guess if i wouldn´t coach and be a cheer mom, i would decorate my flat every week in a new color, i´d start doing weird collages with flowers and stalk cheer teams all the time.
Oh, i know what i would do: I´d buy a dog and teach him tricks like toss to paws with our cat :shimmy:

I have to say that my cp took the year off. It has been a very long year even tho she was coaching. The break did her joints/back good and now she is more motivated than ever before. I enjoyed the time off even tho I still attended some comps and saving the money was amazing. Cheer just insn't the same when your cp isn't competing, I didn't even stalk other routines. LOL

Cp took this season off and it has literally been the longest year of my life! We are in the countdown to tryouts and the anxiety is thick in the air! Wouldn't trade it for the WORLD!

Back