All-Star Confessions Of A Fierceboarder.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am still offended that my old post count/shimmy count from my past is not displayed. Now I look like a newbie when really I've been around for 6 years-ish.

I am also embarrassed by my username, but it's been with me for so long I can't get rid of it. Before I was CarolinaCheer08 for two or three years.

Confession, I remember when you went off to college and I can't believe you are graduated with a grown up job. I remember you from before college too, from ProX.

I won't change my avatar, I can't remember who gave it to me. Someone was whining about the blank avatars so the admins went and found people avatars.

I spend more time on fierceboard than any other website, including school work.
Half of my friends are fierceboarders.
I hate missing a hot thread. When I go on vacation, the thing I miss the most isn't texting, it's fierceboard.
And I love cats and cat memes and don't care if you judge me for it :D

I scratch my head and judge people who have 2-5 page conversations on the uniform thread about a uniform that has nothing to do with them, is already made, and the program could care less what they think.

I also get annoyed when people act like cheerleading is about 10 big name teams and the rest of us are just lucky to be breathing the air that they breathe. We live in Ohio, there is no mega program here. My kid's team works really hard and I hate when I hear the girls say that they saw on the Fierceboard there is no way anyone can beat so and so.

Then I say to myself, the majority of people who post are kids, it's their place, and I really don't care anyway, it's cheerleading. I then go to my nursing message board and get annoyed there too, lol.

-I don't tell any of my cheer friends about this because then they'll read all of my opinions and hardcore judge me... Lol
-almost all of my shimmies are from worlds 2012... Expecially the memes thread
-I probably erase and retype everything I post about 8 times before I actually post it, if I even end up posting it...
-I avoid posting stupid questions that are obvious and getting bagged on for it because theres always that one person that never fails to ask what I was thinking...
-I'm terrified to change my avi because I think people won't know who I am
-I wish I was recodnised more on here or people had something to associate me with... Like JustAMom with her :eek: or the cat girls with their cats
-I want to win a fierce board award:rolleyes:

Confession, I remember when you went off to college and I can't believe you are graduated with a grown up job. I remember you from before college too, from ProX.

I remember being a senior in high school talking to everyone on the boards about tryouts at USC. Can't believe it has already been so long!

I don't know whether to be happy that I found fierceboard, became even more obsessed with cheer, and still have this connection now that I'm aged out/in college OR upset that I became cheer obsessed through fierceboard and now miss cheering all the time.. like constantly.

I kind of wish I wasn't as anonymous on here and made more friends on here but on the other hand it's nice that I can say generally whatever I want without representing a program.

I actually wonder what my 'status' is on here considering the hierarchy that comes out with newbies. I've been on here for three years but I don't think anyone really knows/cares about me compared to other posters..

I think the Teal Army, F5 or die, whatever is complete crap. Be a fan of a team without defending them like they're your family. Also, I hate how people let their bias in the way of deciding what team really is best. I can say I PREFER Stars but I knew 2010 was SE and 2011 was F5.

Confessions:

I loved having an old post of mine pinned up on the former boards as a sticky note for all to read. I also was tickled that I was actually nominated one year in the FBA as one of the most positive or informative posters. Considering I first joined the boards when my old program was being slammed by other gyms and I was defending them, that was a major switch.

I was once "rumored" and "outed" to be a moderator on one of the previous boards between ProX and the Fierceboard. Never was, but I let the rumor go on for awhile.

While I am definitely a small gym advocate, (and small church, and small business, etc.) I am not anti big gym.

I detest seeing athletes trained at gym get their skills that qualifies them to be "recruited" or to be placed on super teams at other gyms, then snub their old gym or coaches in social media like they never taught them anything.

Unless someone approaches me, the chances I will actually meet people from the boards are slim. I don't do too good at meeting people (Aspergers) and am always always a nervous wreck to the point of breaking down emotionally. So I tend to hide out in warm-ups in a corner with my back to the wall when my team is not competing, or in a meeting room if we have one. To those I have met or bumped into thru the boards you just don't know what I went thru inside to just say hello to you.

I always have to edit several times since my post can become very lengthy trying to be clear in what I am saying. I am always panicked that if it can be misinterpreted, I need to clarify it more - which makes for long posts.

Last one. I am not now nor ever been a member of the teal army. However I was glad the first year they won Worlds - if for no other reason that they would finally be quiet about being the underdogs. Which they have not....lol.

Back