All-Star Covid-19 / Varsity Response

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry for the double post, but who isn't "getting it" or "refusing to believe any of it?" American's have access to local, national, and international news 24/7, internet, social media, radio and family/friends that work in hospitals. As we have seen very recently, a small percentage of extremists are going to develop ridiculous conspiracy theories, but a big part of that is the result of one sided information and refusing to listen to both sides. Currently, many countries are using Modern Monetary Theory and just printing money to survive. My guess is the majority of American's are very aware about cases, deaths and hospital capacities, but know very little about MMT. The 1.9 million world wide deaths is absolutely tragic, but the fact that there are still 7.7 billion people living with financial experts having little to no understanding of the consequences of MMT is just as horrifying. Life and economic balance are intertwined, you can't ignore one without greatly impacting the other and I'm baffled by those that don't understand that concept.
Sorry for the double post, but who isn't "getting it" or "refusing to believe any of it?" American's have access to local, national, and international news 24/7, internet, social media, radio and family/friends that work in hospitals. As we have seen very recently, a small percentage of extremists are going to develop ridiculous conspiracy theories, but a big part of that is the result of one sided information and refusing to listen to both sides. Currently, many countries are using Modern Monetary Theory and just printing money to survive. My guess is the majority of American's are very aware about cases, deaths and hospital capacities, but know very little about MMT. The 1.9 million world wide deaths is absolutely tragic, but the fact that there are still 7.7 billion people living with financial experts having little to no understanding of the consequences of MMT is just as horrifying. Life and economic balance are intertwined, you can't ignore one without greatly impacting the other and I'm baffled by those that don't understand that concept.
As we have “seen very recently” way too many people don’t believe anything they see in mainstream media
because they have been brainwashed into thinking it’s all “fake news”.

I personally know SO many people who have Covid or are just getting over it after traveling to visit relatives over Christmas with the rationalization that “oh they’re just family, they couldn’t have it”. So many others aren’t getting over it and DYING.

I am happy to continue paying for all star cheer without going to any comps in person. What angers me is the few families who have zero regard for anyone else, that have continued to host or attend gatherings/sleepovers/travel out of state - 3 times now our team has been quarantined for 2 weeks due to this. Those families should be kicked off the team and out of the gym. They are putting not only their teammates at risk but putting the entire gym at risk of shutting down. The fact that they are still allowed
to show up to practice after this is what makes me want to leave our gym.

If it were only the media I wouldn't have any problem ignoring it. But seeing it a lot from friends is a little disheartening.

I agree and I put the mask debaters into two categories. The ones that debate, but still wear them, and those that are just defiant to be defiant. I don't concern myself with the debaters that wear masks. I'm more concerned about those that are just fighting back extreme statements with more extreme statements. Example: "It's hard to breathe with PTSD, asthma, or any other medical condition." Followed up with, "try breathing when you're dead" (usually with an idiot somewhere in there). Followed up with "it's my right" (usually with a snowflake somewhere in there). Most true mask debaters are debating epidemiologists information that came out stating the virus was .125 microns and an N-95 filters down to .3 microns. Honestly, I raised an eyebrow to that, but those epidemiologists went on to explain the virus hangs out on larger airborne particles and the physics of a mask still helps slow the spread. That was enough logic for me, but I still respect a good friendly debate from my mask wearing debaters. With that said, defiance, condescension, and vitriol is not debating and that's what I'm seeing a lot of on social/news media.

The truth is, there's a large population on social/news media that aren't concerned with educating or logic, they're looking for viewership and likes, and that often comes with drama with no thought to consequence. I don't believe there's a person out there that believes minds are changed with insults and condescending tone, but people love to join that choir. They will hit that like button, retweet, and repost, and we are just beginning to see the consequence of those extremes.

about to vent.
I'm so over covid. Over debating about the mask, vaccines, cheer affecting it, gym closures, comps being virtual or not...like I'm just done with all of it. It's exhausting and it seems like there is nothing to live for anymore. I'm so tired of "we are all in this together." Its taken such a toll on my mental health. There's no consistency in life. I'm homeschooled because of this. I'm not getting a cheer season which sucks because I'm on 2 of the best teams I have ever been on. I just am so tired of it all and I'm over covid.

about to vent.
I'm so over covid. Over debating about the mask, vaccines, cheer affecting it, gym closures, comps being virtual or not...like I'm just done with all of it. It's exhausting and it seems like there is nothing to live for anymore. I'm so tired of "we are all in this together." Its taken such a toll on my mental health. There's no consistency in life. I'm homeschooled because of this. I'm not getting a cheer season which sucks because I'm on 2 of the best teams I have ever been on. I just am so tired of it all and I'm over covid.

This is (hopefully) the home stretch of a long, exhausting race. The vaccine is here. I know you’re suspicious of the vaccine and you don’t like masks. That must make it harder for you, I’m sorry.

It will be over at some point for everyone, but faster for those who get vaccinated! (It seems effective & very safe but I’m still watching until it’s my turn.)

This is (hopefully) the home stretch of a long, exhausting race. The vaccine is here. I know you’re suspicious of the vaccine and you don’t like masks. That must make it harder for you, I’m sorry.

It will be over at some point for everyone, but faster for those who get vaccinated! (It seems effective & very safe but I’m still watching until it’s my turn.)
I have valid reasons of both. I have anxiety with the mask and I'm not getting the vaccine. A vaccine is not a cure, we have had a flu vaccine for how long? And guess what? The flu is still a thing.
I personally don't believe this is ever going away. In fact, things and restrictions are only about to get a hell of a lot worse

I have valid reasons of both. I have anxiety with the mask and I'm not getting the vaccine. A vaccine is not a cure, we have had a flu vaccine for how long? And guess what? The flu is still a thing.
I personally don't believe this is ever going away. In fact, things and restrictions are only about to get a hell of a lot worse

Too bad for you!

about to vent.
It's exhausting and it seems like there is nothing to live for anymore. I'm so tired of "we are all in this together." Its taken such a toll on my mental health.

If you truly feel this way I highly suggest you get counseling. Many counselors are offering virtual sessions. Given time, a good counselor can really make a difference and help.

so I'm not sure if you meant this that way, but this sounds highly sarcastic and insensitive
where you actually showing compassion or was this sarcastic to bad so sad

I guess I’m a little bewildered that you think that the vaccine won’t work when it has been shown to be 95% effective (way better than flu vaccine). Where do you get your “opinions” from? Your parents? You should consider googling stuff and reading many different sources of information. Then maybe you’d feel a little more hopeful about this year being better than last!

I guess I’m a little bewildered that you think that the vaccine won’t work when it has been shown to be 95% effective (way better than flu vaccine). Where do you get your “opinions” from? Your parents? You should consider googling stuff and reading many different sources of information. Then maybe you’d feel a little more hopeful about this year being better than last!
Im not holding onto false hope. You have no clue what this will do to your body in the long run. also they said u have to keep wearing your mask and distancing so what's the freaking point.
WHY WOULD YOU MARKET A VACCINE THAT'S 95% EFFECTIVE FOR A VIRUS THAT HAS A 99% SURVIVAL RATE!
IM OVER THIS WORLD!

Back