Covid-19 / Varsity Response

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Jenniferg482, Mar 11, 2020.

1. 5monkeysjumping

5monkeysjumping I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    They're free, but so so very difficult to get. My grandmother is 87 and has been trying for weeks.

2. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    They are free everywhere here. As mentioned, can be hard to get depending on where you live. Hasnt been so much where I am (though my state has been one of, if not the best) I'm thankful that I've been fully vaccinated for just over a month now.

3. CLynn

CLynn When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I know this is old but just had this thought today, why can't Varsity at least have the music available for those approved/who own their rights and let those without be silent? If cheermatch can let some music air, I just don't see the reason they can't but probably I'm missing something...

4. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    My guess is money reasons: Usually, a week after they release videos for free without music. If you want music you need a paid membership to watch live. So, an incentive to get the paid membership.

5. CLynn

CLynn When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I guess you're right. I do have the paid membership and live is really the only benefit, the catalog itself is such an inferior product without sound.

6. kayemm

kayemm I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I haven’t bought Varsity TV ever, because I usually can’t tune in to much of the competition due to the time difference and can’t face paying money to watch routines on replay with no music. It’s just not the same. If they would let you have access with music for even a couple of days after, then I would consider paying for it. I’m actually planning on taking time off work for NCA and Worlds so I can stay up overnight and watch the live-streams with music just to experience some form of cheer comp this year!

7. luv2cheer92

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Has NCA announced how they are going to do the comp this year? I haven't seen anything, not sure if the teams will be doing some kind of live stream from their gym or if it will be pre-recorded and streamed live? It would be cool if they found a way to make it still like a live comp like how Majors was, but not sure how possible that is for something as huge.

8. BlueCat

BlueCat Roses are red, cats are blue National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    jodymelton
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    Verified Member:
    Jody Melton
    Owner of Cheer Athletics
    You send in videos that are recorded on a specific day ahead of time. It is not "live".

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Shimmy Shimmy x 1
    • List
  9. cheermomforever

cheermomforever Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Athletic championships just posted all the videos that were sent in.....can’t really be live....

10. luv2cheer92

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Kinda figured it would be like the other virtual comps. Thanks for confirming!

11. tojofasho

tojofasho I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    MsCoachMartin
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    I will say, I do appreciate the way Cheermatch has their film submission set up. You can film at any time still, just like with the others, but once you open the team name in the app, you have to submit a video. So in theory, yes, a team could still go a ton of times but they have to do them back to back, without other teams going in between for breathing time. It's a small thing that I think makes it at least a little more fair, unlike the paper and keyword where you could film all the teams going on one day, then refilm them all the next day and see if it's better, etc. etc. until you get a fullout you like.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. luv2cheer92

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I have really enjoyed Cheermatch. They really have done an excellent job.

13. Jenniferg482

Jenniferg482 Last Pass... on International Open 1

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I also like how the have a host- yeah some of the interviews are awkward but it is more megafauna to have someone MC the event. I also like how to awards are Friday night after the stream. With Varsity you have to wait until Tuesday to watch a slide show.

14. Sparkle Mom

Sparkle Mom I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    This wasn’t about me and I never said it was trivial. I just see a whole lot of moms that already live vicariously through their kids not able to put it in perspective. If they act as though missing a few competitions or even the season is the end of the world, the kids will too. It wasn’t attempt to guilt anyone as my child is in the sport as well. I’m just tired of the whining when I see my friends losing husbands, parents, etc. I’m also tired of parents being so selfish that they don’t think they should comply with the precautions. Kids are going to be disappointed and it is ok for parents to be disappointed too. My point is that being healthy and alive at the end of this is infinitely more important.

15. XtremeWpg

XtremeWpg Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    We just found out that we're approved to open, sort of.

We can open to 25% capacity, and only for one-on-one training. The restrictions will be reevaluated in 3 weeks.

At this point, we've lost our competitive season, but at least we'll be able to have kids back in the gym and starting their individual skills for next season.