OT Cracked Iphone Glass

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I've replaced the 3s myself. It was pretty easy but the phone was out of warranty so I didn't care about that part. Still works great but upgraded to the 4 since then.

There are all kinds of videos, DIY things on-line to help you out. I bought my screen from either amazon or eBay and it was around $10 with shipping.

If you're tech savy I'd say go for it. If not you might want to cough up the cash because if you miss any of the connections to the screen it won't work until you fix the connections correctly.

I replaced mine (4) as well. Took me 2 and a haf hours but it's totally do-able.
I went to ifixit.com and printed out the instruction as well as the sheet they have prepared to put all the different screws, in order to be able to piece it all back together.

The only advice I'd give you is to get a really good screwdriver. The one that came with a tool-kit I ordered was a pain to use... had to sharpen it again and again.

Other than that you just need some guts (boy was I scared... felt like performing open heart surgery) and organization. I had my boyfriend keep track of all the screws and double check every step.

anyone have a link to the how-to for an ipod touch? i cracked my glass and i'm debating on whether its worth it to find a place at the mall to fix it or to try it myself. i was so mad at myself when i dropped it! :(

This is why I don't have a smartphone. Why would a girl my age need such an expensive phone? I only have a basic cell phone (no camera, no pics, no internet, no music, etc.) that's about 5 years old. I can make and receive calls on it, or send an occasional text if someone texts me. I'm limited to 500 texts a month, and that's way more than I ever use.

This is ALL I need! Smartphones are for people in business, ones who can benefit from the Internet on-the-go. Not for kids and teens who are irresponsible, taking them to school when they're not supposed to in the first place, and end up breaking them or having them stolen.

This is why I don't have a smartphone. Why would a girl my age need such an expensive phone? I only have a basic cell phone (no camera, no pics, no internet, no music, etc.) that's about 5 years old. I can make and receive calls on it, or send an occasional text if someone texts me. I'm limited to 500 texts a month, and that's way more than I ever use.

This is ALL I need! Smartphones are for people in business, ones who can benefit from the Internet on-the-go. Not for kids and teens who are irresponsible, taking them to school when they're not supposed to in the first place, and end up breaking them or having them stolen.
How do you live on this planet...

Well good for you.

How do you live on this planet...
Don't get me wrong- plenty of people don't have/need super smart phones (My grandfather always complains about how his cell phone MUST come with all the bells and whistles nowadays). I personally don't think I'll give my kids any type of smart phone until they're 16 at least, but that's because I've seen so much BAD come from them and very little good. Probably not a regular cell phone until they're 10. That being said, how people want to spend their money is their business..and I don't begrudge people wanting to have fun gadgets. 6 year olds with iPhones are still a bit much to me though :p

Back