All-Star Crazy Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 25, 2022
Stomach mesh has made it to IASF last year at worlds. SMOED's was so see-through that it might not have been there at all (although it seems to match everyone's skin tone well, for once with nude mesh).

I'm done with single-season, crazy-themed, Day Two uniforms like Top Gun seems to love. Also, backless uniforms. And tube tops with one piece of string attaching it to the sleeves.

Crazy uniforms and themes have even made it to high school (at least in South Carolina...thankfully I'm glad to say that my own state hasn't jumped on board yet). Chapin's racing theme and Lexington's faux medals are the worst from last year. Plus the All-Star trend of practicewear + sleeves = uniform, as seen on some teams in South Carolina as well.

At least the worst uniforms in history haven't been seen this year. What do I consider the worst? OO5's dominatrix uniform, the French Maid uniform, the halter top trend from 2020 (Cali Reckless, Lexington High, Chapin High), the karate TGLC uniform, the lifeguard SSX uniform, that old Cheer Savannah one-shoulder candy striped uniform, and the 2021 Lady Lace butt bow.

Anything else? Trends that you hope die out soon? Ones you are glad are gone?

Stomach mesh has made it to IASF last year at worlds. SMOED's was so see-through that it might not have been there at all (although it seems to match everyone's skin tone well, for once with nude mesh).

I'm done with single-season, crazy-themed, Day Two uniforms like Top Gun seems to love. Also, backless uniforms. And tube tops with one piece of string attaching it to the sleeves.

Crazy uniforms and themes have even made it to high school (at least in South Carolina...thankfully I'm glad to say that my own state hasn't jumped on board yet). Chapin's racing theme and Lexington's faux medals are the worst from last year. Plus the All-Star trend of practicewear + sleeves = uniform, as seen on some teams in South Carolina as well.

At least the worst uniforms in history haven't been seen this year. What do I consider the worst? OO5's dominatrix uniform, the French Maid uniform, the halter top trend from 2020 (Cali Reckless, Lexington High, Chapin High), the karate TGLC uniform, the lifeguard SSX uniform, that old Cheer Savannah one-shoulder candy striped uniform, and the 2021 Lady Lace butt bow.

Anything else? Trends that you hope die out soon? Ones you are glad are gone?
I would love to just c a uniform that is athletic, less glitz and let’s the athlete be the show not the uniform. It will never happen!

Yeah, I'm not against bling and all, just against impractical stuff. The uniforms seen at NCA College Nationals are blingy, cropped and All-Star style but also practical and athletic. Cheer Athletics does good ones as well. That being said, my first love and my primary focus is on more traditional (UCA and sideline style) HS cheer, where uniforms show our school colors, mascots and spirit, although I have learned to accept All-Star as well.

As far as the stomach mesh goes, IASF teams are going to need it because of different uniform rules at Worlds vs. other competitions. But still. If it's going to be that see-through why do we have the rule at all? To force athletes to pay extra money for a useless piece of extra mesh fabric?

I wouldn't mind the practice wear plus sleeves if the price for parents was practice wear prices. Like the GK elite ones where the tank, shorts, and sleeves are only about $100 base price.

I wouldn't mind the practice wear plus sleeves if the price for parents was practice wear prices. Like the GK elite ones where the tank, shorts, and sleeves are only about $100 base price.
YES!!! Two more issues I'm seeing:
1) Having different sets of practicewear and campwear needs to go out.
2) Backless uniforms should be illegal in high school cheer (ahem, Lexington 2021...)
3) Girls (particularly if they're a flyer) coming to practice in sweatpants. Wear something else.

It’s been clear to me for some time that Rebel isn’t at all interested in producing practical, durable cheer uniforms. They’re more into it to indulge their vanity. But now they’re not even trying to hide it.

Their mantra they keep repeating to justify their their “couture” designs — “oh these aren’t ACTUAL cheer uniforms lol it’s just what we can DO you don’t GET it” — is so unnecessary and condescending. They’re designing for cheerleading. Not the Fashion Week runway. There is not one cheer coach out there who is thinking, “I wonder if Rebel can do a uni that’s actually a 2010 bandage dress.” You know why? Because you can’t jump in a bandage dress. Or nugget comfortably. It doesn’t look like any of these concerns have ever once been prioritized during the Rebel European Vacation Tax Write-Off Extravaganza.

I just want full tip uniforms that are designed to be full top uniforms. I hate half top unis with a mesh Leo added underneath for worlds. It would look so much better if they were designed full top in the first place. I wish GK was still around so we could go to making Leos with shorts/skirts on top that are designed to be one uniform instead of this piecemeal thing we have going on or where full top uniforms look like untucked shirts. Just make it a leotard with a skirt on top.

It's not the first time, nor the last, a gym or vendor will use extreme fashion to get attention and have people talking about it. People may not understand it, but they take the bait every year.

I just want full tip uniforms that are designed to be full top uniforms. I hate half top unis with a mesh Leo added underneath for worlds. It would look so much better if they were designed full top in the first place. I wish GK was still around so we could go to making Leos with shorts/skirts on top that are designed to be one uniform instead of this piecemeal thing we have going on or where full top uniforms look like untucked shirts. Just make it a leotard with a skirt on top.
I'm in the UK but our full programme unis are Varsity and are a bodysuit (so basically a leo) with skorts over the top. It can be done!

Most athletes on international teams do not like full tops, so for one comp the mesh thing works.

Back