All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

First event I ever went to I sat next to a mom who admitted to me that she was behind on her credit card payments and didn't care because of her kids sports. She had 2 kids one was cheer one was something else. She routinely pays within the grace period and pays a full month behind on everything else.

Personally, I just can't live like that, my OCD would literally suffocate me to death.

Honestly I don't think I could live like that. I would be a big ball of stress.Another factor is the mommy pressure. Every day I am faced with things I should be doing with my 2 years old to make him a "succesful person" I think as kids grow older it might not be as stressful but every day I listen to people talk about how to make their kids more well rounded, do they need a tutor, is my kid developing at the right pace. Its darn well stressful after a while.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't think I could live like that. I would be a big ball of stress.Another factor is the mommy pressure. Every day I am faced with things I should be doing with my 2 years old to make him a "succesful person" I think as kids grow older it might not be as stressful but every day I listen to people talk about how to make their kids more well rounded, do they need a tutor, is my kid developing at the right pace. Its damn well stressful after a while.
It's almost like a competition among some parents nowadays. I tip my hat to people involved in 2-4 activities, all while keeping their grades up (especially if they if take AP or IB classes).

It's almost like a competition among some parents nowadays. I tip my hat to people involved in 2-4 activities, all while keeping their grades up (especially if they if take AP or IB classes).

I know its crazy. Its one of the reasons I can't do the mommy chat at daycare or activities. They stress me out so much I start to lose confidence lol. The other reason I can't do mommy chat is because I am probably the most awkward human being alive.

More than you think! For some, the cheer bill seriously might get paid before the mortgage/rent/electric/gas!
We have a cheer family, always paid on time. Mom mentioned to me one day that the mortgage hadn't been paid in months?!? :eek: I understand your kids and their wants are important, but at some point there has to be priorities. Little Susie needs to hear the words no, we can't afford it. She will be ok and may learn a life lesson. How's Susie going to feel coming into practice homeless because mom and dad used the mortgage money for cheer. Sadly, I'm sure she's not the only one of my athletes that is like this, just the only one who's mom flat out told me.

Honestly I don't think I could live like that. I would be a big ball of stress.Another factor is the mommy pressure. Every day I am faced with things I should be doing with my 2 years old to make him a "succesful person" I think as kids grow older it might not be as stressful but every day I listen to people talk about how to make their kids more well rounded, do they need a tutor, is my kid developing at the right pace. Its darn well stressful after a while.

I'm not sure if you have older kids, but it really never gets better. The pressure just evolves into other things---who is reading first, science fair, girl scouts, PTO...etc, etc. In the cheer world, there is always a Suzie and "Oh my God, you mean she doesn't have her BHS yet!" and she's only like 5.

so i became curious as to how csp managed to get herself banned from here and went looking for her last posts. i searched for username csp and only came up with someone named cspoon, whose avi is that of a spatula with makeup and a wig...

2015_03_09_20_20_20.jpg

i take it that that isnt her. lol.

I'm not sure if you have older kids, but it really never gets better. The pressure just evolves into other things---who is reading first, science fair, girl scouts, PTO...etc, etc. In the cheer world, there is always a Suzie and "Oh my God, you mean she doesn't have her BHS yet!" and she's only like 5.

He is only 2 years old and I have a long way to go.

She answered you on IG and it is about travel.
I'm honestly not trying to stir the pot w/regards to this, but the tweet and IG post are not on the same page at all IMHO. If it was about travel, money, etc. then I understand the reasons behind the tweet. Now the IG post....not so much. Come on now....
I've actually bitten my tongue a bit and utilized restraint regarding why I think the IG post was like how @quitthedrama mentioned bc I still have a lot of respect and love for many people within the gym/program.

He is two years old? Don't you have him in language immersion preschool, an after-school reading program, and the tiny level 2 coed team yet????????? He is SO behind if you don't. He will never make it to Worlds and Harvard if you don't start now!
Love your AV! LOL
Funny show.

First event I ever went to I sat next to a mom who admitted to me that she was behind on her credit card payments and didn't care because of her kids sports. She had 2 kids one was cheer one was something else. She routinely pays within the grace period and pays a full month behind on everything else.

Personally, I just can't live like that, my OCD would literally suffocate me to death.

I have a friend who lives like this. She is always overwhelmed and stressed.

I couldn't live like this, either. I should say that I HAVE lived like this, and will never again. My husband and I got married at the ripe old ages of 18 and 20. We immediately got ourselves into heavy debt that took us 8 years to pay off. Never again! I don't do installment payments with anything, not even car insurance. So I definitely don't do it with competition fees. I just pay the total upfront.

All-star cheer is expensive. I respect a gym owner who chooses to make the sport accessible to a wider demographic of athletes. I also respect parents who know how to draw the line between small debt and bankruptcy when it comes to a sport.

When I read the original post I understood it as being the house that puts themselves out there the most. CEA has been spending a ton of money to travel to every major competition in the country in an effort to be a part of the transition to encourage new events other than worlds, but now wants to take a step back from that to protect the people that have been sacrificing for that. Also we just watched Smoed be absolutely torn apart on social media due to overexposure. So I kind of saw that post as Courtney showing that she wants to pull back and make things more about her teams and loving the sport than about showing the whole world on every possible stage.
I'm sorry I totally missed this! Yeah that's certainly possible. If so, that it'll be interesting w/regards to her impact within the cheer world regarding those new events/comps since she's been at the forefront of a couple of them. I know many of the parents were/are on board w/her trying to make the cheer world a better place and knew what they were signing up for when they did.
Hopefully if price/costs are truly the main issue, then requiring practicewear, the yearly gym required sports bra, several unis, etc. will be scaled down as well.

Since other parents have brought up many of the exorbitant costs related to cheer and the "keeping up w/the Jones" mentality that run many family into the ground financially, I can say it's hard for many of the parents who can't afford those extras I mentioned to be the ones to raise their hands and say, "hey I can't afford all these extras" bc then they feel like they'll embarrass their children; and if it's a team decision to order new practicewear, for example, (for the lower level teams that used to be the case and maybe still is) then there's the added pressure of a few people feeling like s*** bc if they say no, then the team can't have them. No parent wants to put their child in that situation.

I will say that CEA's always been really good about trying to help those who really want to cheer, but don't have substantial financial resources, find a way to try to let them cheer. They'll work w/parents, etc. Then of course there are also many more affluent families who will often help out in those situations. I know that CSP's mom has always been really good at trying to work w/parents in those situations. So this convo/post isn't necessarily just about CEA, but regarding cheer costs in general like many of the other parents have expressed.

Latest posts

Back