All-Star Curling Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This past weekend I used the damp wash cloth and it was like that missing piece I never knew I needed. Thank you so much.

Glad to help! Everyone always asks her what her secret is and I guess that's it! LOL... who knew a wet washcloth could be the secret!

I am really gale to have run into this thread! My daughter has naturally curly hair, but unfortunately that isn't the look the gym is going for. We use hot rollers. Have you ever tried to curl curly course hair? Not a pretty look I can assure you! I think I might try the curling iron and washcloth trick as those curls look amazing.

...Now that I found this, I bet the team will decide on straight hair ;)

NewCheerMom said:
I am really glad to have run into this thread! My daughter has naturally curly hair, but unfortunately that isn't the look the gym is going for. We use hot rollers. Have you ever tried to curl curly course hair? Not a pretty look I can assure you! I think I might try the curling iron and washcloth trick as those curls look amazing.

I am really gale to have run into this thread! My daughter has naturally curly hair, but unfortunately that isn't the look the gym is going for. We use hot rollers. Have you ever tried to curl curly course hair? Not a pretty look I can assure you! I think I might try the curling iron and washcloth trick as those curls look amazing.

I have coarse, curly hair too and my solution is to flat-iron it so it's smooth & straight, and THEN curl it. Takes twice the time but looks so much better.

ChelleShocked said:
I have coarse, curly hair too and my solution is to flat-iron it so it's smooth & straight, and THEN curl it. Takes twice the time but looks so much better.

I tried that for our comp. I flattened it the night before and then did the hot rollers the next day. It just looked frizzy, but realized that I should have used hairspray before putting the rollers in. I suppose I will perfect it sometime before she is done with cheering ;)

I've used these for yearsss, i love them! I shower, curl my hair wet, sleep with them, and wake up the next morning with absolutely perfect curls, i don't even use hair spray. They last alll day, some girls in our gym keep them for day 2 (i'm massively ocd and must have it perfect, so i always re-do them for day 2) But I've had the same set for 4 years, and still work awesome! and they do have different widths and lengths to fit everyone.

my hair is SO thick so using a curling iron & hairspray or whatever does nothing since my hair is heavy the curls just fall out. curlformers saved me & now i have perfect curls every competition:) i do the same thing you do (shower, curl hair wet, sleep with them, etc.) i love them they never fail!

curing hair is certainly a PAIN! man it would take me forever until i gave up and started curling it with a straightener then realized my hair looked different that everyone else on my team...then went back to rollers

Which curlformers are the best for perfect competition-curls? The ones that are narrow or the ones that are wide? Anyone who has tried both? Opinions?

11a8xg5.jpg
o7q892.jpg

It's a terrible picture, but this was my hair curled last year. Bet you can't tell I have fake hair in there ;)

If the whole team had the same curls then it looks nice , but its such a hassle trying to curl hair, some girls with thick hair it takes forever, i think nice and clean look is always the nicest.

Back