All-Star Curling Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

1ynxoj.jpg

Here is a picture of my hair after using curl formers. Sorry the lighting is kind of stinky!!

how many do you use? im trying desperately to convince my mom to get them :)
lol i have an OBNOXIOUS amount of hair, so i use about 35ish..I use the blue and green skinnier ones. Honestly they are totally worth it for me. My mom curls my hair in about 15 minutes wet the night before. Anybody who has gotten them takes a few times to get used to them but once they get the hang of it, they love the way they come out and stay all day!

lol i have an OBNOXIOUS amount of hair, so i use about 35ish..I use the blue and green skinnier ones. Honestly they are totally worth it for me. My mom curls my hair in about 15 minutes wet the night before. Anybody who has gotten them takes a few times to get used to them but once they get the hang of it, they love the way they come out and stay all day!
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I was looking at the curlformer website. Do you have to dry them or can you sleep in them? Seems like it would take awhile to dry?

I'd rather spend the extra time practicing for the competition than wasting that much time on curling hair..plus I like a more athletic look and I think hair down isn't very safe

I was looking at the curlformer website. Do you have to dry them or can you sleep in them? Seems like it would take awhile to dry?

You can sleep with them. I've had several cheerleaders use them. The curls come out beautiful, and there's very little work to get them that way. So much easier than a curling iron, and so much less painful than traditional curlers.

Only 35? I use about 50. I know some girls who use more.
sorry, typo, that was supposed to be 45ish!!!
and like Bow Maker said, DEFINITELY do a trial run before, it gets you and your CP used to them, makes the night before competition a lot less stressful!!

how. does. she. do. that.

No but actually what curling iron does and hairspray she use, this looks amazing

OK, for those that were asking, here's her method... as I have observed it.
  1. First and foremost, DO NOT wash the hair before curling. Apparently dirty hair curls much better than clean hair. So wash it like the day before, but not the day of.
  2. Use small sections of the hair and hold the rest up and away with a clip.
  3. Once you have the small section split out to be curled, use the damp washcloth and pinch the section of hair you are curling and draw your hand away, allowing the hair to get only slightly dampened by the washcloth. This allows it to dry instantly once it hits the curling iron, but not be too damp... as wet hair won't curl.
  4. Then spray the section with a good amount of hairspray. My wife uses Freeze It brand, but she has used others that work as well.
  5. I don't know what brand curling iron my wife uses, but I do know whatever brand should be a ceramic iron with a 1" barrel.
  6. Use the curling iron and start at the bottom, so that as you wrap the hair goes up the barrel, making sure all of the hair is against the barrel... then hold for a few and release turning your hand in a circular direction opposite of the direction you curled.
  7. Lastly, always make sure the curling iron is as clean as possible. Use hot water and an old credit card or your finger nail to scrape off the hairspray that gets caked on the curling iron.
That's what I've observed as best I can describe it. It takes about 15 - 20 minutes for her to curl a head... but when you're first starting it usually takes a lot longer. When she first started doing it I remember it taking an hour. LOL... Like I said... thank God she's good at it, because while I may be able to describe what she does, doing it is a whole other thing!!

A Girl on my Team did my Hair some weeks ago as a Testrun for our next competition...she made the curls with a flatening iron , this is how it turned out

182599_143566895708145_100001645058479_284266_2665637_n.jpg

she didn't use anything before curling, just tons of hairspray afterwards
You just need to find the right technique to turn the flatening iron around, i myself didn't find out how to do it yet but there are tons of videos on Youtube

OK, for those that were asking, here's her method... as I have observed it.
  1. First and foremost, DO NOT wash the hair before curling. Apparently dirty hair curls much better than clean hair. So wash it like the day before, but not the day of.
  2. Use small sections of the hair and hold the rest up and away with a clip.
  3. Once you have the small section split out to be curled, use the damp washcloth and pinch the section of hair you are curling and draw your hand away, allowing the hair to get only slightly dampened by the washcloth. This allows it to dry instantly once it hits the curling iron, but not be too damp... as wet hair won't curl.
  4. Then spray the section with a good amount of hairspray. My wife uses Freeze It brand, but she has used others that work as well.
  5. I don't know what brand curling iron my wife uses, but I do know whatever brand should be a ceramic iron with a 1" barrel.
  6. Use the curling iron and start at the bottom, so that as you wrap the hair goes up the barrel, making sure all of the hair is against the barrel... then hold for a few and release turning your hand in a circular direction opposite of the direction you curled.
  7. Lastly, always make sure the curling iron is as clean as possible. Use hot water and an old credit card or your finger nail to scrape off the hairspray that gets caked on the curling iron.
That's what I've observed as best I can describe it. It takes about 15 - 20 minutes for her to curl a head... but when you're first starting it usually takes a lot longer. When she first started doing it I remember it taking an hour. LOL... Like I said... thank God she's good at it, because while I may be able to describe what she does, doing it is a whole other thing!!

15-20 minutes?!! thats nothing!

@HeatUniqueJ I can never get good curls with a flat iron... they always turn out with the crease marks like I folded my hair over the iron hahah

Back