OT Dear Blank, Please Blank

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dear teachers at cp's school,

If the field trip gets cancelled tomorrow because of bad storms I am signing my cp out for the day. Why? Because the letter you sent home saying that if it were cancelled it would not be made up an the kids would have a regular school day is horse pucky. If they can't make it up, they should have a "free" day and let the chaperones play games with them etc. I assure you it was not the 2nd grade class that ticked off mother nature. They don't deserve to be penalized.

Signed,
An irritated chaperone

cheermommy0729 said:
Dear teachers at cp's school,

If the field trip gets cancelled tomorrow because of bad storms I am signing my cp out for the day. Why? Because the letter you sent home saying that if it were cancelled it would not be made up an the kids would have a regular school day is horse pucky. If they can't make it up, they should have a "free" day and let the chaperones play games with them etc. I assure you it was not the 2nd grade class that ticked off mother nature. They don't deserve to be penalized.

Signed,
An irritated chaperone

Bwahahaha. I assure you, the teachers did not tick off mother nature either...and would much rather have a "free day."--but I bet that'd go over well with admin and the DOE.....or not.

Sincerely,
A teacher who thinks it's funny when parents say nonsense things like this.

Bwahahaha. I assure you, the teachers did not tick off mother nature either...and would much rather have a "free day."--but I bet that'd go over well with admin and the DOE.....or not.

Sincerely,
A teacher who thinks it's funny when parents say nonsense things like this.
Dear A teacher who thinks it's funny when parents say nonsense things like that,
Throughout elementary school I had multiple field trips cancelled, and each time we would either go to the park down the road or spend the day outside having a picnic, rather than sitting in a classroom learning. If we were going to go to the beach, I don't see the difference in just playing outside instead.
Sincerely,
It is possible! :)

D
Dear A teacher who thinks it's funny when parents say nonsense things like that,
Throughout elementary school I had multiple field trips cancelled, and each time we would either go to the park down the road or spend the day outside having a picnic, rather than sitting in a classroom learning. If we were going to go to the beach, I don't see the difference in just playing outside instead.
Sincerely,
It is possible! :)

Dear It is Possible,

Maybe a while ago schools could allow a "free day". Now we have to justify everything we do with state and national standards, even field trip activities. Also unstructured time in a classroom leads to discipline issues, bullying, etc.

Sincerely,
A teacher who loves her job.

D

Dear It is Possible,

Maybe a while ago schools could allow a "free day". Now we have to justify everything we do with state and national standards, even field trip activities. Also unstructured time in a classroom leads to discipline issues, bullying, etc.

Sincerely,
Dear A teacher who loves her job,
Thats unfortunate, its crazy how fast things change.
Sincerely,
A girl who is happy she is not in elementary school nowadays

Dear Student and Teacher,

In my day, we had to walk to school in 8 feet of snow, 97 degrees, barefoot, 365 days a year, just for the opportunity to have a book that maw and paw spent their life savings on and be able to read it.

Sincerely,
Education really is important and sometimes red tape is necessary

D

Dear It is Possible,

Sincerely,

Dear A teacher who loves her job,
I was going to reply exactly the same thing. In my school district, recess only goes through fifth-grade and the middle school gets a 20 minute lunch. That's the only break for the kids all day. Gotta love mandated "time on learning." Everything must be justified and connected to standards. And relevant to the "test." I went to the same district as a kids, before NCLB and we had recess through eighth-grade. And a study hall. I feel for these kids. My ADHD self would have gotten into so much trouble back then!
Sincerely,
Another teacher who loves her job, but hates the politics.

Dear Student and Teacher,

In my day, we had to walk to school in 8 feet of snow, 97 degrees, barefoot, 365 days a year, just for the opportunity to have a book that maw and paw spent their life savings on and be able to read it.

Sincerely,
Education really is important and sometimes red tape is necessary

Dear Education really is important and sometimes red tape is necessary,

I absolutely agree that there is nothing more important than education. And although I don't agree with such high-stakes testing, I can appreciate many of the changes that ed reform has caused--particularly set standards. I just wish these kids had some time to breathe too. I would bet that more time to run around and be kids would help eliminate some of the classroom behaviors we see, not to mention help with that obesity issue. I wouldn't mind adding a half-hour to the day, if we could use that for recess and other physical activity!

Sincerely,
Wants the best for my students

Dear Wants the best for my students,

Isnt that what P.E. is for?

Sincerely,
Person who has had P.E. everyday since 1st grade.

Dear Person who has had P.E. everyday since 1st grade,

The school I teach at goes through 8th grade. Kids only have P.E. twice a week.
While it is required to have P.E. everyday if the district or school can't afford it~
then the requirement doesn't hold.

Sincerely,
A Teacher who loves her job.

Dear Education really is important and sometimes red tape is necessary,

I absolutely agree that there is nothing more important than education. And although I don't agree with such high-stakes testing, I can appreciate many of the changes that ed reform has caused--particularly set standards. I just wish these kids had some time to breathe too. I would bet that more time to run around and be kids would help eliminate some of the classroom behaviors we see, not to mention help with that obesity issue. I wouldn't mind adding a half-hour to the day, if we could use that for recess and other physical activity!

Sincerely,
Wants the best for my students

I'd love to add on another half-hour to an hour each day, just to get to everything. I'd like a study hall period built into all students schedules so we could work in small groups with the kids who are struggling and need extra help and time.

Sincerely,

Dear Person who has had P.E. everyday since 1st grade,

The school I teach at goes through 8th grade. Kids only have P.E. twice a week.
While it is required to have P.E. everyday if the district or school can't afford it~
then the requirement doesn't hold.

Sincerely,

Dear A Teacher who loves her job,

do you teach at my cp's school????????????

Sincerely,
I've not seen PE twice a week since I was in school until she got accepted to this school.

Illinois...definitely interesting schools. But Chicago takes the cake. :eek:

Dear everyone talking about PE,
My school doesn't even have PE... at all... and the teachers don't know how to teach... and it's a private school so we get to pay for it...
Love,
The jr who is learning the same thing freshmen in public school are learning...

Back