All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm quite sure TLC has a ban on any video getting out on YouTube etc. and probably have contracts signed from anyone involved requiring penalties, thrasings and giving over of your first born if they do so. That way you have to wait and watch the next episode to see their competition.

If I was producing the show that's what I would do.

Thats what i figured. When do you think it will be aired? Prob around october/november.

Thats what i figured. When do you think it will be aired? Prob around october/november.
There won't be that much to show at that point except for more gym drama. Maybe tryouts and choreography but except for the comp they just went to, comp season will not have really started yet. Oh wait, they can show the coach drinking with her inner circle again.

There won't be that much to show at that point except for more gym drama. Maybe tryouts and choreography but except for the comp they just went to, comp season will not have really started yet. Oh wait, they can show the coach drinking with her inner circle again.
Yeah, they can show practice and the comp from last month but thats about it i guess (thats cheer related atleast).

Yeah, they can show practice and the comp from last month but thats about it i guess (thats cheer related atleast).
I meant to type practice, not tryouts. My fingers had a mind of their own.
Cheer! has been filmed this whole past season so there should be hours and hours of footage to choose from. I'm thinking they're (TLC) going to try to air new episodes of Cheer Perfection too soon to show us anything even possibly worth watching that is actually cheer-related just to get it out there as quickly as possible.

god save the queen, lord protect us all, chip chip cheerio (see what i did there)
god im too tired for this

2mhhqiu.png

I've got to say it. I can't take it anymore.

I've got to give it up to my fellow fierce boarders here. Perhaps being new you won't have seen the difference in this thread versus countless others. It is incredibly clear to me that the people posting in this thread are deliberately excercising restraint. Knowing many of them (as posters anyway) I am absolutely sure it's because they want to have an authentic discussion about what they are, and are not, in favor of regarding this show in a professional atmosphere. I think that's especially true where you are concerned because I see them choosing words carefully and using phraseology when responding with you that is clearly respectful of the fact you are associated with CTR.

What I don't see is the same level of respect on your side.

I take a breath every time I read one of your posts because I can feel the anger and resentment seeping through my screen. I fully expect youll be equally as upset with what I'm saying here, and I'm prepared for the response. But, speaking for myself...

...anytime I post something that may be controversial, not the norm, a dissenting opinion etc (which is what this board is about)...I probably read and edit it 23 times for my tone, word choice and netspeak (I.E. all caps etc.) before I post it because I want the message to be heard, in the most professional manner possible, without coming off like I'm angry or ranting. If I am choosing to rant, I'll disclose that at the beginning.

You are new to the board so you probably haven't noticed that the board has been exceptionally accommodating to the acerbic remarks that come back at anyone who posts anything you don't agree with. I also don't believe sharing a dissenting opinion about something you may not agree with can be categorized as "bullying." I tend to think that's an incredibly overused buzzword these days that could merit a specific and socially agreed upon definition (which we don't have).

But I say all this to say, the meaning of your message gets lost in the manner you choose to express it, and calling out bullies on the boards while screaming in all caps is probably not the best way to encourage authentic conversation. This board is about differing opinions and my suggestion is that you spend more time choosing your language, tone and demeanor carefully so people may listen to what you say, more so than the way you said it.

Please tell me I'm not the only person who read this post with a heavy Southern Julia Sugarbaker tone of voice. Only me? I can live with that.

Well said!!!

Even if it was a higher level, this show would have showcased the CTR drama mamas. I can see it now....what do you mean you can't throw your standing full? Throw it now to elevate my parent status in the gym.... TLC could have showcased a better level 2 team at a well run program and that would have helped noncheer viewers understand the sport much better than any craptastic level 5 team with drama mamas would have.

Except, what better Level 2 team at a well run program would have agreed to the "Toddler's and Tiara's" of cheer shows? I can't think of anyone.

Holy crap... last time I checked, this thread had 15 pages!

Are "Cheer Perfection" and "Jersey Cheer" the only shows featuring all star gyms?

Except, what better Level 2 team at a well run program would have agreed to the "Toddler's and Tiara's" of cheer shows? I can't think of anyone.
The sad part is, Cassidee Dunlap was on Toddlers and Tiaras and I woner if that has anything to do with it...

Back