All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's weird how they are filming a show on a gym that isn't very advanced & that a lot of people hadn't heard of until the show & they are featuring only a level 2 team?? I think it would be Better to at least film a gym with a senior 5 team & good ideas for a show would be at Stingrays, top gun, Cali allstars, cheer athletics! And Cassidy has a full why is she on level 2!!!

It's weird how they are filming a show on a gym that isn't very advanced & that a lot of people hadn't heard of until the show & they are featuring only a level 2 team?? I think it would be Better to at least film a gym with a senior 5 team & good ideas for a show would be at Stingrays, top gun, Cali allstars, cheer athletics! And Cassidy has a full why is she on level 2!!!
to answer any further questions i suggest you read back in the thread as everything you have just mentioned was already answered

And Junior Orange isn't even a Junior team! I liked CTR's facebook a while back and everytime Shannon posts a team mom blurb it's in reference to Senior Orange.
I do like their level 6 team and after watching last weeks episode and seeing how RD coaches I have faith that they do have good lower level teams. I believe Cassidee is on a Restricted 5 team? And Torann (the future Dexter) is on a coed 4?

And Junior Orange isn't even a Junior team! I liked CTR's facebook a while back and everytime Shannon posts a team mom blurb it's in reference to Senior Orange.
I do like their level 6 team and after watching last weeks episode and seeing how RD coaches I have faith that they do have good lower level teams. I believe Cassidee is on a Restricted 5 team? And Torann (the future Dexter) is on a coed 4?

Their lower level teams are not bad, their only major lacking area in my opinion is choreo. And casadee is on senior coed 4 (highest non international team) I'm sure torann is on there as well but I don't really know her that well. Junior orange does exist and is level 1 (had to check the jamfest results from turkey jam on that)
And thanks for liking the level 6. Choreo is not there but we have some very experienced stunters and a few amazing tumblers. It's really more of a semi-serious teams like a lot of internationals but it is a lot of fun and is my only way to ever compete since our local college coach doesn't allow people to compete all-star (kills our talent pool)

And about cross competing, it doesn't seem fair to hate in them for it but still be CEA fans. (I personally could care less how a business decides to structure it's teams if it makes sense for them) I know for a fact that casadee just plain loves competing, and was devastated when the rule came out limiting the number of routines per athlete to 3. She would do them all if she could.

This show is doing nothing for the all-star industry. I'm sorry it's aired.

I was thinking the same thing. With all of the rule changes USASF has implemented trying to "change" the image of all star cheer I think it's ironic that this show is on TV because it certainly does not help the "image" of all star cheer at all. In fact, I think it does way more harm than good because people who would never be exposed to the sport (since they don't attend competitions) now have a look at all star through a TV DRAMA...ummm, I mean Reality series. Maybe it hurts the all star image in a different way but it certainly is not helping it. With all of that being said, I do find the Mom's WAYYYYYY over the top but I'm sure most if not all of us can relate to them and have encountered AT LEAST one parent in their gym who has similar characteristics and behavior, I know I have.

I am with you. I wish this show wasn't on the air. It is in no way representative of what a good allstar program should be. Many people, my mom included, think this is what allstar is about and think I am crazy for letting CP participate. Shoes like this do nothing to help the public udertand that it is a legitimate sport.

I am with you. I wish this show wasn't on the air. It is in no way representative of what a good allstar program should be. Many people, my mom included, think this is what allstar is about and think I am crazy for letting CP participate. Shoes like this do nothing to help the public udertand that it is a legitimate sport.

I agree with you - but unfortunately this is not the intension of these kind of shows.
I wish there would be more shows like the one about Twinkles or Cheer, but obviously people want to see drama.
I think a big part of the viewers don´t even care about what sport it is - it could be cheer, gymnastics, ice figure skating, dance - just throw some crazy mom´s in there and here it goes.

I agree with you - but unfortunately this is not the intension of these kind of shows.
I wish there would be more shows like the one about Twinkles or Cheer, but obviously people want to see drama.
I think a big part of the viewers don´t even care about what sport it is - it could be cheer, gymnastics, ice figure skating, dance - just throw some crazy mom´s in there and here it goes.
That's it in a nutshell. And then then outside world feels validated at their choices in the fact that their kids are not doing anything remotely athletic except walking from the couch to refill the bowl of chips.
On another note, I'd love to have my some of my non-cp's friends' parents (both dads and moms) from his soccer, lax or football teams be featured on a reality show. Pick any, pick all, it doesn't matter. Twice the crazy, equal the drama.

I believe that Junior Orange but they added girls so now they are Seniors.

On another note, I'd love to have my some of my non-cp's friends' parents (both dads and moms) from his soccer, lax or football teams be featured on a reality show. Pick any, pick all, it doesn't matter. Twice the crazy, equal the drama.

Agreed...There are nutty Parents in just about all sports and I've experienced many of them in sports that I've coached like Ice Hockey, Wrestling and Baseball but I also know some way over the top parents who have kids in Football and of course AS Cheer so they are everywhere. It's obvious that the crazier the Mom's = Higher Ratings. It's just a shame because many people think we are nuts for having our kids in AS and this show doesn't help our argument. That said, I could care less what others say, my kids could be doing much worse things with their lives.

Their lower level teams are not bad, their only major lacking area in my opinion is choreo. And casadee is on senior coed 4 (highest non international team) I'm sure torann is on there as well but I don't really know her that well. Junior orange does exist and is level 1 (had to check the jamfest results from turkey jam on that)
And thanks for liking the level 6. Choreo is not there but we have some very experienced stunters and a few amazing tumblers. It's really more of a semi-serious teams like a lot of internationals but it is a lot of fun and is my only way to ever compete since our local college coach doesn't allow people to compete all-star (kills our talent pool)

And about cross competing, it doesn't seem fair to hate in them for it but still be CEA fans. (I personally could care less how a business decides to structure it's teams if it makes sense for them) I know for a fact that casadee just plain loves competing, and was devastated when the rule came out limiting the number of routines per athlete to 3. She would do them all if she could.

We don't hate because Cheer Time Revolution cross competes, we hate that they cross a level 5 skilled athlete to a level 2. CEA doesn't do that much cross teaming

Back