Does Anyone Have To Wear Practice Bows?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We have a mom on the team who made us all practice bows but we're not required to wear them. Personally, I don't like wearing bows to practice. They're cute and everything, but my hair always falls out in running tumbling and I hate having to put it up then put the bow in.

We make our girls get different practice bows for each practice outfit. Most of the time they match at least 2 outfits so we only have 2 bows. In the past we weren't making it mandatory to wear them to practice but ran into a problem where our girls would leave their bows and shirts (because they would wear their sports bra) then come the next time we needed to wear the outfit as a team they didnt have it. So this year we are making it mandatory and probably conditioning if they forget to wear it or something. It just looks good and as a coach I love it because it helps see specific visuals and who looks good doing what.

ECE has special practice gear but I think it is up to each team what they want to wear for bows. I know my daughter's team has to wear bows but they don't have to wear any specific bows. My daughter tries to match her bow and her spandex which typically matches the gym colors.

I think ECE leaves it up to the team's coaches but pretty much every team wears bows at practice. That I know of no one has specific practice bows for practice but my daughter typically wears a bow that matches her spandex which typically matches her gym colors.

next year we are making our kids wear a practice bow. . . I like the way they look and it also helps for competition. . . when your not used to practicing with a big blinged out bow on top of your head it feels totally different when you have to have it on for comps.

For the youth team I coach I've made one practice bow. Some practices they are required to wear them, but not all. Making another one for them after next comp :)

At our gym we have two different practice bows one for each night does anyone else have to do that?

I think it would be a good idea to make it mandatory that girls wear bows to practices for one main reason, girls can work on making them secure so come competition day their bows don't go flying all over the place! lol

No one at my daughter's current gym wears practice bows, but she's moving to a new gym at the end of the season. It's been strongly encouraged for her to wear bows, even though it's optional there, as a way to make a good impression on the coaches.

we have practice bows we are required to wear each practice. the whole organization has the same practice bow and each team has different competition bows. sometimes we all wear our practice bows on day 1 of a 2 day competition.

We don't HAVE to wear them at my cheer gym, but they'd like us to. We don't have certain ones, most girls just make their own or go to a cheer store near by and get them.

Back