Does Anyone Have To Wear Practice Bows?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They have plain white big bows that they are supposed to wear to practice, but its not strictly enforced.

no, but most girlss do wear bows, i buy my own to match my practice outfit. but we can buy bows that match one out of 3 or 4 of your practice outfits that have "Vizion Allstars" on them and say our name, but its optional to buy it or not.

No we dont for our gym yet. I would like to hear some coaches opinions on what this brings though? Just seeig if it is worth starting this.

At our gym, it is a rule that kids must have on Intensity (our gym) clothes, and the girls must have a bow in. They do get practice clothes and a practice bow at the beginning of the season, but they don't have to wear anything specific. In my opinion, this is for several reasons:
1) The parents buy them.. The kids might as well wear them.
2) It is easier (for me, at least) to picture the routine, if everyone is somewhat matching (this applies to clothes more so than bows specifically)
3) With the size of bows nowadays, they need to be used to doing their skills with them in their head.
4) I think it helps with overall presentation and morale. Someone else said it, but they need to look the part. Don't come to practice looking sloppy. If the girls are put together, and they all have their gym gear on, they have a more unified look and feel. More team pride.

My gym do not have set practise bows. However we are advised to wear any bow as long as they are team colours. It looks better on film and for vistors :)

Back