All-Star Do's And Don't S Of Worlds 2012!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not really a Do/Don't but a question that I didn't want to create a fresh thread for..

Is the cost to go to the competition on Friday $25 as well? Although it is our third time going to watch this year, we've never arrived Thursday night before and since we'll have Friday free we figured "Might as well watch cheerleading!" We just wanted to know how much cash to bring. I swear I searched and read the PAC Guide and couldn't find this information. Thanks ;)
This may not apply to you but I know someone on the fierceboard said that the Friday was not included in the Park Hopper pass. I contacted USASF directly and the park hopper passes include all 3 days of worlds!

cheergirl09

That's what I was thinking too! It would make sense it would be the same amount.

lucyemma

Thanks! We're just purchasing regular tickets (we have no affiliations to any teams and are just going for fun so no Park Hoppers for us!)

DON'T sacrifice studying for finals to go to Worlds, it's not the end of the world if you miss it one year for academic priorities.

..... JUSTKIDDING. #toocoolforschool #bumcollegestudent Worlds > Finals
HAHAH I have an 8 AM final on Monday and seriously thought about rescheduling it to go..

Not sure where to post this... I figured here would be as good a place as any!

Anyone else flying down to Worlds who is DEATHLY AFRAID of airplanes/flying? How do you plan on getting through your flight? Any tips? Right now, I'm eyeing up Xanax and loading my iPhone with teams' mixes to distract myself with for the 2+ hours.

Bring gum to chew on plane taking off and landing if you need to clear your ears, or move your jaw around to help open up tubes in your ears as you're adjusting to altitudes.

You're going to be on relatively large planes if you're in New Jersey to Orlando. Should be good flights.

Don't forget your basic hotel behavior. Stay out of the hallways and around the rooms after 10pm if you don't know how to whisper ir use an inside voice. And if we're honest...how many cheerleaders actually have an inside voice? Be considerate and courteous.

reading this is making me crazy i wanna go sooooo bad! it seems like so much fun :( but since i cant go i'm going to make a sign that says "Fierce Board section " and hang it above the couch that i will be watching worlds on and any of my family members that try and sit with me i'm going to say " your not on the boards you cant sit here " :) its nothing like the actually fierceboard section but i can pretend

That's exactly like the Fierce Board section

Not sure where to post this... I figured here would be as good a place as any!

Anyone else flying down to Worlds who is DEATHLY AFRAID of airplanes/flying? How do you plan on getting through your flight? Any tips? Right now, I'm eyeing up Xanax and loading my iPhone with teams' mixes to distract myself with for the 2+ hours.

I fly for a living, but my wife hates flying (go figure). . .she takes Dramamine (buy the Wal Mart or CVS version, it's cheap) about 30 minutes before boarding and sleeps through the whole flight.

This may not apply to you but I know someone on the fierceboard said that the Friday was not included in the Park Hopper pass. I contacted USASF directly and the park hopper passes include all 3 days of worlds!

There is a "Parks and More" hopper pass if you buy them separately that includes all the parks, water parks, and the ESPN Sports complex. If you don't have that one then you have to pay for access.

The Pass included with Worlds Package includes admission for ESPN centers. There were options for 2-5 day stays and all include 3 days in the ESPN sports complex.

I fly for a living, but my wife hates flying (go figure). . .she takes Dramamine (buy the Wal Mart or CVS version, it's cheap) about 30 minutes before boarding and sleeps through the whole flight.

One of my teammates recommended this. We're taking a 6am flight and I generally can't sleep on planes, but wanted to be able to so I could spent the whole day at the park. Dramamine isn't like one of those other meds where you have to have a certain number of hours available to sleep is it? A 3 hour flight should be okay and I won't be miserable/a walking zombie when we land?

One of my teammates recommended this. We're taking a 6am flight and I generally can't sleep on planes, but wanted to be able to so I could spent the whole day at the park. Dramamine isn't like one of those other meds where you have to have a certain number of hours available to sleep is it? A 3 hour flight should be okay and I won't be miserable/a walking zombie when we land?

i've never taken dramamine for a flight (just xanax lol) but on cruises I have to take dramamine because I get very motion-sick. I would take it at night before I went to sleep, sleep off the drowsy part and be fine all day. I wouldn't take it if you had no time to sleep, or you would be drowsy all day, but if you at least sleep those 3 hours, you should be good to go!

Back