All-Star Espn U Worlds Coverage

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is soooo true! I hate it when the announcers say squad... It's a TEAM! Ha and when the Quad group stunts where shown, they kept calling it partner stunting. Wrong! Grr! I know I watched worlds today and I was extremely disappointed with the lack of coverage... Cheer athletics barely were featured! Same with top gun, Cali, and cheer extreme! :( unbelievable.

A lot of people refer to their teams as a squad. And the partner stunting term has been around for a long time-for coed and all girl. However, I have never once heard it called "Quad Group Stunts".

It is called Worlds, after all. Maybe they wanted to show some international teams.
but they should've taken a hint with the overcapacity situation that those first divisions were the ones people wanted to see, and aired those. there were international teams in Lg coed & mdag.

but they should've taken a hint with the overcapacity situation that those first divisions were the ones people wanted to see, and aired those. there were international teams in Lg coed & mdag.

But they clearly didn't choose the teams that fans want to see. If you're reaching out and trying to appeal to a wider audience, then it makes sense to showcase some international teams at what is supposed to be a world championship.

Just a note, my friend who lives in Niagra Canada doesn't even get ESPN up there.

Here's International Programming for ESPN

4c6fa8f1-a9c6-99f9.jpg

4c6fa8f1-a9d8-ed66.jpg

4c6fa8f1-a9e4-f38c.jpg

Not available many places.

Even though I agree that they didn't do the greatest job showcasing worlds, I'm still proud of how far we've come. From society thinking we just shake our poms and our butts to them actually giving the effort to showcase our sport and broadcast it on a national SPORTS channel.

The announcers we're fine... they need to learn the proper names of programs and skills but overall they weren't bad like some of you are saying... our sport still has so much growing to do but every year it gets better in every aspect including worlds and tv coverage of competitions.. we can't expect our sport to be as advanced as basketball, baseball or tennis because those sports have been around for years way longer than competitive all star cheerleading... this year was the 10th anniversary of the first worlds competition... i watch videos from 2008, 2009 and the quality of the video, routines, music and even the worlds stage has drastically improved... i am disappointed in them showing just small senior and international coed 6 but we can't change it now... lets just hope they continue to improve and listen to the voices of those in this industry.

Last year (or maybe it was the year before that), a few ESPN recorded routines popped up on youtube... I hope that happens again. More so than anything, I love watching routines so close up and from different angles.

I commented in a thread several months ago discussing this issue and possible steps to not have us be in this boat, so I won't complain now. I will however say that I hope in the future, WORLDS coverage will look more like NCA coverage. Different team histories/traditions, longer airing, more divisions/teams.

Medium All girl would have never been aired no matter what, they were in Jostens and the cameras were in the Milkhouse. No need in getting upset about that division not airing, it should have never been in anyone's minds that it had a chance of airing. Still confused why people are upset or confused about that like it was a surprise.

Medium All girl would have never been aired no matter what, they were in Jostens and the cameras were in the Milkhouse. No need in getting upset about that division not airing, it should have never been in anyone's minds that it had a chance of airing. Still confused why people are upset or confused about that like it was a surprise.

You keep posting this and yet nobody's listening........LMAO.......(Wink)

I am hoping each time that people would stop complaining about that division not being shown. I am beginning to have the same amount of faith in that as I do the USASF, not a good sign.

I would just like to point out to everyone here, that there's a lovely Feedback button somewhere on the ESPN website. If you don't like the way it was covered, write them and tell them as their viewing audience. It's not really the announcers faults, I would bet they are reading off a script, and quite honestly, ESPN probably doesn't know whole lot about the F5/SS/CEA Fans, Who's the TEA etc etc, so if you don't like what you say, copy and paste what you put here into a feedback email to them

I am hoping each time that people would stop complaining about that division not being shown. I am beginning to have the same amount of faith in that as I do the USASF, not a good sign.

My reply was aimed at those who are apparently reading but not comprehending.....lol........I understood you perfectly. LOL

I can't believe they didn't move the cameras into Jostens so they could be aired. They deserved it :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back