All-Star Etiquette At Cheer Comps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I feel like early celebration is so subjective and people don't always know a team's story. For example at our first two comps this season, my team had gotten last place by a really wide margin. So when we finally won at our 3rd one we were so excited. I have this amazing reaction video from awards, it's really sweet. It was also the last comp for a girl on our team who everyone really loved (she had to move for her dad's job) so the victory was even sweeter. We celebrated early, but I think sometimes it's okay.

ETA for clarification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rudeness:

Behaving as though you own the coaches' rooms/team rooms/hallway area you have commandeered/etc. based on the program or school you're with and not letting anyone walk in/around/near you.

Can I add to this? If parents are sitting on the floor while your athletes and their bags are lounging in spectator seats - it is rude!

I have another one. Don't bring snacks or goody bags out onto the floor. I was appalled at the state of the competition floor after the first awards ceremony at a comp last. Crackers ground into the floor. Snack wrappers everywhere. Tissue paper from goody bags. It was so irritating to watch kids eating on the floor when my kid was starving and begged me to bring her food with her to the floor for awards and I told her "no."

I have another one. Don't bring snacks or goody bags out onto the floor. I was appalled at the state of the competition floor after the first awards ceremony at a comp last. Crackers ground into the floor. Snack wrappers everywhere. Tissue paper from goody bags. It was so irritating to watch kids eating on the floor when my kid was starving and begged me to bring her food with her to the floor for awards and I told her "no."

Ick! Our kids aren't allowed to bring anything on the award floor, let alone messy crackers!

I also can't believe this needs to be said but:

Just because it is left somewhere in a venue for some reason (kid misplaced it, ran to the restroom and left it on accident, kid puts bag down on seat to go get food, etc.) doesn't mean it is for you to STEAL.

Ex: Someone's phone, Nfinities, bag, bow, etc.
We learned this the hard way when cp17 was on coed elite. The team left their bags backstage when they competed (as many teams do) and cp17 and a few others had some of his team trinkets they all got to put on their bags taken off of it while they competed. And since they only had one order for those items and only ordered enough for the team, the athletes who's stuff got taken off their bag never got it replaced.

I will never understand why some people feel entitled to other people's stuff.

What gym/team is this? So awesome!

It was Aviator Allstar Cheerleading. Only existed for 4 seasons before it sold out to Charlotte Allstars after a lack of business management caused its downfall. On the mat they were highly successful in their short lifespan (even fielded a worlds team in year three) and the families that were there those four years still have a bond although they're spread over four programs now (CEA, CA Charlotte, Elite Fusion and Rockstar Gastonia). Rockstar Gastonia actually trains in Aviator's old gym space.

This was their senior coed 4 which was their highest level team that season.

I always give my bag to my mum when she goes to find a seat, and then when I am walking around with my team before we have to go to warm ups, I give my phone to my mum or a teammates older sister or parent ( if it's too hard to find my mum). That way nothing will get stolen.

I think there was a CEA parent on here saying that people would take kid's bows off of backpacks just to have CEA bows.

That is ridiculous.
I've witnessed someone try to steal a warm up jacket so they could pretend they went to cali. Also team glasses get taken a lot. The most upsetting thing about what people take is that it's normally something that can't be replaced. Most have sentimental value to you, but the person that stole it just thinks "new bow" etc.

Speaking of stolen bag items.. At my Chicago comp a few weeks ago I left my bag alone during awards and someone took the new bow I bought off the front and my 1st place ribbon from last comp.. Who does that?

I was at the other comp. in Houston the same weekend. Glad to share lots of great sportsmanship. During awards there was a dance off between different World Athletes. I was sitting next to CA and Spirit of Texas parents. We couldn't stop laughing. I got to meet some great people! Everyone had a blast! Lots of memories made that will be cherished!

Latest posts

Back