All-Star Etiquette At Cheer Comps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've witnessed someone try to steal a warm up jacket so they could pretend they went to cali. Also team glasses get taken a lot. The most upsetting thing about what people take is that it's normally something that can't be replaced. Most have sentimental value to you, but the person that stole it just thinks "new bow" etc.
That's pitiful.

I think there was a CEA parent on here saying that people would take kid's bows off of backpacks just to have CEA bows.

That is ridiculous.
I definitely had an athlete who did not speak English at Worlds my first year who tried to take my bow OUT OF MY HAIR to trade. It happens.

I so want to call people out at this competition for standing up and walking around during performances. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheersport? They are so bad for that. For some reason I see it way more there than other competitions.

Cheersport? They are so bad for that. For some reason I see it way more there than other competitions.

We are at American Masters in Baltimore, but it happens at all competitions. Just irritates me. [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are down right RUDE in the parent viewing areas.... Here was one specific team who stood in line blocked the entire area and their team was on 5-6 teams after ours. We had a hard time getting up front to see our own kids.... And I've also heard of the same gym NOt leaving the VIP viewing area because their level 5 team was on in another 2-3 performances. And the comp did nothing about it... In reality the parents and gym memberss should've been respectful enough to allow others their turn in the viewing area.

I had two athletes and a parent who stood in front of me cheering on one of their teams from their gym I wanted to say something to the parent but I couldn't without drawing attention to myself. Those same people also said few bashing comments about teams in their division.

UGH I witnessed some awful parent behavior this weekend. I was watching my daughter's division at Cheersport this weekend and also the alternating divisions while waiting for her team to come up. There was a division that only had 2 teams in it and the first team had a stunt fall and cradle early to which a parent for the opposing team was screaming and cheering loudly for in the crowd. She was more than several rows behind me yet she was loud enough everyone sitting in our section heard her. I turned and gave her a look. I was thoroughly disgusted. I get it if you feel a bit relieved that their routine had an issue as you think it opened the door for your team but how about just let out a quiet sigh of relief instead of screaming and yelling and acting a dang fool. You never know who may be sitting around you that could be related to that team. It is obnoxious and reflects very badly on you and your program.

Glad it wasn't my daughter's team cause she'd have gotten more than a look. It was disgusting behavior. SMH

So frustrated this weekend. Small comp. Very small VIP area on each side of judges. Announcer had to keep telling teams to leave the area if it wasn't there team. At one point we informed a coach and her girls the team coming up was our gym and could they please move. They said no and squished up right where our coach was going to sit... not such a good view for them since he is the size of a large football player. They did the same thing to the next team and that coach had words... the announcer had to say this was poor sportsmanship and could reflect on scoring. Another time another gym that kept doing it had to be verbally told stand up, remove yourself from the space now please when they didn't listen to the sportsmanship discussion. The biggest frustration is these were coaches with their teams and the athletes were looking to the adults as to what to do and the example they were setting was less than best. MOST teams though did a great job respecting every gyms right to see their own teams.

So frustrated this weekend. Small comp. Very small VIP area on each side of judges. Announcer had to keep telling teams to leave the area if it wasn't there team. At one point we informed a coach and her girls the team coming up was our gym and could they please move. They said no and squished up right where our coach was going to sit... not such a good view for them since he is the size of a large football player. They did the same thing to the next team and that coach had words... the announcer had to say this was poor sportsmanship and could reflect on scoring. Another time another gym that kept doing it had to be verbally told stand up, remove yourself from the space now please when they didn't listen to the sportsmanship discussion. The biggest frustration is these were coaches with their teams and the athletes were looking to the adults as to what to do and the example they were setting was less than best. MOST teams though did a great job respecting every gyms right to see their own teams.

I do not understand why people set up camp in the VIP section when it's not their team. It's loud, it's claustrophobic and they're basically subjecting themselves to be stomped on by a bunch of cheerleaders and their parents. These people must have a death wish or just really enjoy being squished up next to people while going deaf from the speakers.

I know it's not a comp thing exactly, but I didn't know where else to put this. Our team wildcards that I was talking about in the other thread got a full paid bid to summit. Part of the elite is a ripple drop to splits, up to prep, heel stretch and tick tock to scorp. During the bid reveal from cheersport someone screenshotted their stunt during the ripple and now every single cheer anon is tweeting it and making fun of them getting a bid with a drop and being off. When in reality it's an amazing stunt with no drops. It just sucks they worked so hard for this and people that don't even know the routine at all are making fun of them for retweets.

I know it's not a comp thing exactly, but I didn't know where else to put this. Our team wildcards that I was talking about in the other thread got a full paid bid to summit. Part of the elite is a ripple drop to splits, up to prep, heel stretch and tick tock to scorp. During the bid reveal from cheersport someone screenshotted their stunt during the ripple and now every single cheer anon is tweeting it and making fun of them getting a bid with a drop and being off. When in reality it's an amazing stunt with no drops. It just sucks they worked so hard for this and people that don't even know the routine at all are making fun of them for retweets.
These anon twitters are evil (the irony is many of them "represent" CALI in their name and/or avatar). I have seen them do it with team that win Worlds, Summit, NCA, etc. They will screenshot a team in mid-jump and make fun of their jump and then all the idiots on twitter believe the team that won has awful jumps.
An anon twitter with CALI all over it also tweeted that SE left their medals on the stage at cheersport. Clearly a lie since athletes posted photos of them with their medals long after the awards. It really sucks for any team to have to deal with lies/inaccuracies that are spread about them.

Back