Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
some lunch ideas:

apple cheese sandwish
needed:
toast bread
apple
grated swiss cheese
cut the apple in thin slices and put this on a slice of toast bread, cover with the cheese and if you like some grated almond nut. now place this in an oven for about 10 mins on medium temperature, serve with a side salat.

maroccan salat
rocket lettuce
cherry tomatos
raisins
fresh herbs (dill, basil,...)
celery or fennel
cucumber
coucous or quinoa or if you cant find these brown rice
smoked salmon or chicken
spoon of olive oil
boil the couscous and let it cool. cut all the vegetables, herbs and salmon in small pieces and mix it with the couscous and olive oil. enjoy!

some lunch ideas:

apple cheese sandwish
needed:
toast bread
apple
grated swiss cheese
cut the apple in thin slices and put this on a slice of toast bread, cover with the cheese and if you like some grated almond nut. now place this in an oven for about 10 mins on medium temperature, serve with a side salat.

oohh, now this is my kind of recipe! nice and easy to make and take on the go!

Alright, went through my recipes, here are the ones I don't have to translate (sorry, I'm lazy tonight :p ):
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (nothing for everyday but a nice treat)

1 1/4 cups Bananas
2/3 cup Honey
3 tbsp Light And Fit Yogurt
3 tbsp Naturally Sweetened Apple Sauce
2 large Egg White
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 serving
2 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 cup Oats (Quaker)
1/2 tsp All Purpose Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon, Ground, 1 Tsp
1/4 cup Semi-sweet Mini Morsels

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.

2. Mix first 6 ingredients (wet) together in a medium bowl.

3. In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients (except for chocolate chips); add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until blended together (don’t over-mix).

4. Pour batter into prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle top of each batter cup with the mini chocolate chips. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan and then remove muffins to a rack to cool completely.

Breakfast Quinoa
  • Yield Makes 2 cups
Ingredients

• 2 cups whole or low-fat milk, plus more for serving
  • 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
  • 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar, plus more for serving
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for serving
  • 1 cup (1/2 pint) fresh blueberries, plus more for serving
Directions

1. Bring milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Add quinoa, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, until three-quarters of the milk has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
  2. Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Cook, covered, until almost all the milk has been absorbed, about 8 minutes. Stir in blueberries, and cook for 30 seconds. Serve with additional milk, sugar, cinnamon, and blueberries.
Oh, and you have to try "the best broccoli of your life" as a side dish - it's amazing and really easy to prepare! The Best Broccoli of Your Life - Amateur Gourmet

Bulgur and Beans

Chop or run thru food processor one large/very large onion and two large tomatoes, put in pan with some oil and cook til it gets mushy and thick. Add a cup of bulgur (cracked wheat) stir while it absorbs the moisture of the tom/onion mixture. Dump in a can of chick peas including the liquid, season with salt and pepper, cook til all liquid is absorbed. Serve. Can be served with yogurt or cottage cheese to up the protein.

I like to serve it with sliced cucumbers in dilled yogurt/ or sour cream.

oohh, now this is my kind of recipe! nice and easy to make and take on the go!

glad you like it.
i like cooking and making up new recipes. feel free to tell me some of your favourite ingredients, and ill try to get your some good and easy ways to prepare them in a healthy way.

Can I leave the healthy box for a quick minute? Cause I made these S'mores Bars for Mother's Day and they were deilicous and super easy (and we hardly eat sweets in our house because.. we just don't I guess, so this was like a special treat)..

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 cups milk chocolate chips (18 oz)
4½ cups miniature marshmallows

1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix and crumbs. Stir in melted butter until soft dough forms.
3. Press into ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set.
4. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over crust.
5. Set oven control to broil. Sprinkle marshmallows over melted chocolate. Broil with top 5 to 6 inches from heat 20 to 30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted (Watch closely; marshmallows will brown quickly).
7. Cool about 1-2 hours because the chocolate has to set as we found out. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Serve warm. Store any remaining bars tightly covered.

And I have tons of Crockpot recipes too because I use it all the time because it's super simple, like this one:

Slow Cooker Short Ribs (you don't have to use onions, I don't because my brother, being autistic, swears he can taste the onions even if you can't just because he sees them, but the original recipe uses them)

3-4 lbs short ribs
1 tbsp mustard
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
1 medium onion chopped
¼ cup flour

1. Place the short ribs in the cooker, add onions on top.
2. Mix all remaining ingredients together then pour over ribs.
3. Cook on low about 7 hours.

I also have other non-chicken recipes for my crockpot (lasagna, sloppy joes, bakes, things with ham, cheesecake, brownies, breads), but chicken definitely is the most used around here because like Just-a-Mom said, everything else, like steaks or pork is kind of just cooked how it comes, maybe some seasoning, but really not used in recipes. :p

I like to make healthier versions of "bad for you" foods that are low cal and still taste like the real thing. All under 300 calories, some much less!

Chicken Cordon Bleu (200 calories)
Veggie Mac (250 calories)
Curried Chicken Egg Salad (or non-curried) (75 calories)
Greek Grilled Cheese (or Grilled Cheese) (185 calories)
Hawaiian Quesadilla [that would be cheese, pineapple and ham] (275 calories)
Chicken Alfredo Pizza (260 calories)
Pepperoni Pizza (225 calories)
HUGE OREO MILKSHAKE (130 calories)
Huge Pistachio Milkshake (80 calories)
French Toast (165 calories)
Banana Bread Muffins (60 calories)
Buffalo Chicken Fingers (160 calories)

If anyone wants any of my recipes, just ask! I'm not gonna post 'em all unless anyone asks cause that takes up a lot of space if they're not wanted haha

I like to make healthier versions of "bad for you" foods that are low cal and still taste like the real thing. All under 300 calories, some much less!

Chicken Cordon Bleu (200 calories)
Veggie Mac (250 calories)
Curried Chicken Egg Salad (or non-curried) (75 calories)
Greek Grilled Cheese (or Grilled Cheese) (185 calories)
Hawaiian Quesadilla [that would be cheese, pineapple and ham] (275 calories)
Chicken Alfredo Pizza (260 calories)
Pepperoni Pizza (225 calories)
HUGE OREO MILKSHAKE (130 calories)
Huge Pistachio Milkshake (80 calories)
French Toast (165 calories)
Banana Bread Muffins (60 calories)
Buffalo Chicken Fingers (160 calories)

If anyone wants any of my recipes, just ask! I'm not gonna post 'em all unless anyone asks cause that takes up a lot of space if they're not wanted haha

Would definitely be interested in the Oreo milkshake! I've made one myself before but pretty sure I got the proportions wrong, didn't taste as good as it should have... If you've got the others on a Pinterest board or something I'd be interested, but I don't want to ask you to post them all on here!

I get SO many recipes from pinterest. Two of my favorite things in the world are party planning and baking, and I will usually make all the food for showers, birthdays, etc. Pinterest is heaven sent. People are always so impressed, but really, whatever I need I can find there and it's always much easier than it looks. There are so many AMAZING recipes on there, I wish I had the time and metabolism to try them all...

The good thing about pinterest is that you can see a picture and you can search for special things. You have eggs in the fridge? Search for eggs and tons of egg recipes pop up. We follow a mostly paleo diet, and I find lots of great stuff for it.

joytomylifex Um...Why didn't we compare crock pot recipes in Florida?! Basically the crock pot is my life saver. I will make meals for the week and it saves me so much time!

I hope I find a man like my ex because I don't cook!

I can bake some homemade cookies thought!:)

Looks like I'll be lonely for life lol

Would definitely be interested in the Oreo milkshake! I've made one myself before but pretty sure I got the proportions wrong, didn't taste as good as it should have... If you've got the others on a Pinterest board or something I'd be interested, but I don't want to ask you to post them all on here!

I do this two ways...one "protein" version, one non-protein.

Ingredients:
1 cup GNC Total Lean protein shake (for protein version) or 1 cup Hood Calorie Countdown milk (for non protein)
2 reduced fat oreos
1.5 cups ice
1 packet Truvia (or Splenda, if you prefer...though I think Truvia tastes better)

** If you're not using the protein shake, add 2 tbsp of fat free plain Greek yogurt (this is what makes it creamy when you're not using ice cream), a teeennyy bit of vanilla extract and about 2 tsp of sugar free fat free vanilla pudding mix.

Just toss it in a blender until it's the consistency ya want :)

1 cup Nutella, 1 whole egg, 1 cup flour - bake for 6-8 min @ 350 degrees.
NUTELLA COOKIESSSSSS. so good and easy to make..

Back