OT Favorite Recipes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 14, 2009
so, as part of my recovery, i've been trying to cook more but i'm need of ideas! the only rules are each meal must be balanced(ie- no green salads with no dressing) and preferably require little prep and cook time. so help me out! what are you favorite recipes?

I've got all kinds of recipes for foods I've made that are very healthy and balanced :) Some of them require a little more time, but never more than 30 minutes. All pretty simple, too...I'm no master chef haha. Here's what I made for dinner tonight...it was sorta like chicken cordon bleu.

Ingredients:

2-2 oz. chicken tenderloins, pounded flat
1/4 cup fat free shredded mozzarella (I'm watching calories, so I used FF, but you don't have to!)
1/2 wedge of Laughing Cow bleu cheese
2 slices ham or 8 slices turkey pepperoni
Salt, Pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Pound chicken tenderloins flat and lay out on a Pam-ed baking sheet. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper and a spritz of Pam.

Lay out the ham or pepperoni on top of one piece of chicken. Mix mozzarella and Laughing Cow cheese together, then spread mixture over ham/pepperoni. Place the other piece of chicken on top to "sandwich" it, then put in the oven until done (about 20 minutes, but check after 10-15).

I had it with a side of steamed asparagus and sauteed squash. Perhaps a more starchy vegetable would be a better side to give you some good carbs.

And good luck w/ recovery, btw :)

F!ERCE that sounds yummy!
i lemon pepper chicken. just regular boneless chicken tendors squeeze of lemon olive oil salt and pepper both sides and bake it at 350 for 10 minutes. too yummy

I made this Spicy Honey Chicken recipe for my boyfriend for his birthday and ever since thats all he asks for! Its really not that spicy at all but the flavoring is amazing!

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2lbs (you could use breasts as well but thighs stay more moist)​
2 teaspoons olive oil

Rub:
2 teaspoons granulated garlic (you can sub 1 teaspoon garlic powder here)
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cumin

Glaze:
1/2 cup Honey
1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar

Combine spices in a bowl and mix well. Combine glaze ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Set aside about 2 tblsp of the glaze for the finishing touch. Drizzle olive oil over chicken breasts and coat the chicken breasts in the spices. Grill or bake chicken until it is almost done. When it is almost done take it out of the oven and drizzle the glaze over it. Put it back in the oven to finish cooking! Coat chicken with extra glaze after cooking.

I served this with brown rice and a side salad. Enjoy!

Are you looking for quick? Easy? I've got a million. Everyone that knows me knows I LOVE to cook and bake. Here is my favorite, no required thinking recipe that everyone loves (and has no idea it's so easy).

Mexican Chicken
One bag frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
One bag frozen corn
One can black beans
One can of salsa
One package cream cheese

1. Throw everything into crockpot for a few hours until the chicken is cooked.
2. Eat way too much of it

And yes, you can throw it all in frozen, it will thaw as it cooks. I will put this in in the morning or during lunch and come home and eat it. It's amazing! Plus it has tons of chicken, so it will last awhile. If you want it to be more thick, just put another thing of cream cheese in it and it becomes like a chilli type thing.

Are you looking for quick? Easy? I've got a million. Everyone that knows me knows I LOVE to cook and bake. Here is my favorite, no required thinking recipe that everyone loves (and has no idea it's so easy).

Mexican Chicken
One bag frozen corn
One can black beans
One can of salsa
One package cream cheese

And yes, you can throw it all in frozen, it will thaw as it cooks. I will put this in in the morning or during lunch and come home and eat it. It's amazing! Plus it has tons of chicken, so it will last awhile. If you want it to be more thick, just put another thing of cream cheese in it and it becomes like a chilli type thing.
This is one of my favorites!

Whenever I'm feeling lazy and don't want to think of anything to cook, I make chicken cutlets. Super easy, you just need some flat chicken breasts, did them in an egg/milk mixture, then dip into breadcrumbs (you can add flour to the breadcrumbs if you want). Pan fry them in a pan that has a little bit of oil in it, make sure it's hot, otherwise it will get soggy. I usually use the Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs, but if you're using regular, you'll want to season with salt and pepper. I usually serve with mashed potatoes and some sort of veggie.

Chicken cutlets are great because they're also the basis for things like Chicken Picatta, Marsala, Parmesan, etc.

I also have been doing beef and broccoli stir fry with brown rice, just cook up some strips of beef in the pan, I buy a bottled stir-fry sauce, but you could use stir fry. Steam up some broccoli and add it to the beef once its cooked so it gets coated in sauce. And then serve over the rice.

Sometimes I do a pasta bowl where I make pasta, mix in frozen peas, chicken strips (you can buy the purdue ones arleady cooked, or just cook some up in a frying pan), mozarella cheese and any type of tomato sauce you like.

Also chicken, broccoli, ziti. Cut up chicken into bite-size pieces, cook in olive oil on the stove with lots of pepper and garlic powder, steam some broccoli, add it in, and then mix in pasta.

I find that during the week, the meals that don't require recipes are the easiest to make.

Lol the Fierce Board only eats chicken...

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing! Then I tried to think of some non-chicken recipes and I came up blank. Everything else I make just is what it is - steak, pork chops, etc. (Or its so complicated and all day she'd be like "Is this lady outside of her mind? I'm not spending my whole day following her silly recipe!")

Mexican Chicken
One bag frozen corn
One can black beans
One can of salsa
One package cream cheese

LOL this reminds me of when I was in second grade and bought my mom a cookbook called "Recipes for the Slow Cooker" for Mother's Day, b/c I wanted to cook with her and I was...ahem...a slow cooker...

A good vegetarian choice. Sometimes I will add other veggies to it to mix it up a bit. My favorite is mushrooms and onions.

Spaghetti Squash with Pesto and Parmesan.
  • 1 medium spaghetti squash
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 3/4 cup of store-bought pesto sauce
  • 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. prepare the spaghetti squash for cooking by pricking the squash all over with the fork. Place the squash in a baking dish and bake for one hour. Remove from the oven and let cool.
When cool enough to handle (or if you're impatient like me, use a mitt), cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds, then shred the pulp with the fork into spaghetti like strands.
Heat a skillet on stove top. add olive oil. Then add spaghetti squash and saute for about one minute. stir in pesto sauce until the mixture is cooked through.
add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. serve hot.

LOL this reminds me of when I was in second grade and bought my mom a cookbook called "Recipes for the Slow Cooker" for Mother's Day, b/c I wanted to cook with her and I was...ahem...a slow cooker...

Hahahaha, that is so awesome.

Besides chicken? Fineee...
Here is another super easy one that I used to make all the time in college.
Need:
Box of mac and cheese
Hamburger
Can of Rotel
1. Cook up a package of hamburger
2. Boil water and make mac and cheese
3. Combine hamburger, mac and cheese, and drained can of Rotel. If you like hot, you can get Rotel in different degrees of heat. I'm a baby and always use mild though.

I use morning star sausge links cook them crummble them up put them in pasta sauce to cook. Make some noodles and put the sauce on top with cheese.

Qyick. Simple. Cheap. Vegitarian.

Latest posts

Back