Fierce Mini teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Kris10boo said:
However I kick myself everyday since I didn't start my daughter at 3 because she would be alot further along! !

According to USA Gymnastics, kids shouldn't even begin bridging until age 5. Little backs shouldn't be put under all the strain from the bridge position...too much of that and you could be putting your child at risk for spondylothesis (sp?). I sat through a seminar on this at National Congress, and walked out of there knowing I was never going to encourage any child under the age of 5 to bridge up ever again. I wouldn't worry about not starting her at 3. Her skills will come when her body is ready to do them.

I think they are all pretty amazing. It always impresses me that these little ones will get up in front of so many people and perform. I get more nervous than my cp, because well, I don't think it's in their heads that they can fall etc. They just go out and do it. I have seen some extremely talented little girls out there in the last 3 years. One thing I love about minis....they usually compete in the am then the rest of the day is free:D

According to USA Gymnastics, kids shouldn't even begin bridging until age 5. Little backs shouldn't be put under all the strain from the bridge position...too much of that and you could be putting your child at risk for spondylothesis (sp?). I sat through a seminar on this at National Congress, and walked out of there knowing I was never going to encourage any child under the age of 5 to bridge up ever again. I wouldn't worry about not starting her at 3. Her skills will come when her body is ready to do them.

I appreciate your insight in to that! I never heard anyone say that before now. Well I guess i don't feel so bad now! Thank you very much for your Info :).

AMERICAN(CA) MINI RED!!!!!! me and my friend are officially their number one fans, i tried to get a picture with one but my friend wouldnt let me.. :(
cheerforce grasshopperz cutest tiny level 1 ever

awww next time. I think that was the best time cheering my daughter had. she was on that team

I just want to say I LOVE my tiny's so much. It is an absolute joy to work with them because unlike the big girls they genuinely LOVE cheerleading. Ill see if I have a vid.

Back