All-Star (for Non Worlds Teams) What Is Your Final Competition Of The Season?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 13, 2010
As we look at how the competition season is structured, I'm curious to see what your last competition of the season is....we seemed to have reached a highpoint around the Cheersport/NCA time frame and I'm interested to see how other gyms finish out their year?

1. Do you go to US Finals? Why/Why not?
2. Do you go to All levels? Why/Why not?
3. What is your last comp of the season?
4. What do you think your kids are looking for with this last comp? Prestige? Fun/beach travel? Just a local comp to finish the year?

My gym is going to US finals in Orlando, and All-levels in Atlanta(which will be our final competition) :)
Looking to walk away with two final wins of the season ;)

1. Do you go to US Finals? Why/Why not? This is our third year in business. We went to US Finals the first year and had a great time, very successful. Did not go last year as we did not want to go to VA Beach again. But we will be attending the event in DC also. Looking forward to seeing "State?" there??
2. Do you go to All levels? Why/Why not? We went to All Levels last year, got hoodies, had a great time in Atlantic City. Not going this year as our teams did not get anything other than at large bids. Cost and a reality check as to how we would do has stopped us. Do not want a bad end of season experience. But I would go back there again in the future if I had teams catering to the Varsity score system. (This is not a slam, we do better with Jam Brands)
3. What is your last comp of the season? US Finals
4. What do you think your kids are looking for with this last comp? Prestige? Fun/beach travel? Just a local comp to finish the year? Ranking.

I'm not sure if we're going to US Finals (in DC if we go) the team got to vote, so I'm hoping we go! If we don't our last competition would be Hershey Park!

Our last comp is Xtreme Spirit at Navy Pier in Chicago. I think we don't do US Finals because of cost/travel? This is a new gym for us, so I'm not really sure. Went to US Finals last year and LOVED it--we lived in VB, so obviously we went to that one. But that's the one I'd want to go to anyway because I think it's the biggest? Last year there were 600 teams there, and the website says they had 1400 teams at all their events together.

I'm noticing a lot of people on here saying DC though. Do they have it there every year too?

@hopskipandjump Why don't you want to go to VB again? Just curious--having lived there so long, I sometimes wonder why people would ever want to go there at all, but other times I wonder what makes people not want to go back. Is it VB you didn't want to do again, or US Finals at VB?

We're not going to US Finals because we didn't receive a full paid bid and only one of the teams at my gym is going to All-Levels in Philly because they did receive a paid bid. Our last competition is Reach the beach this weekend.

my gym goes to us finals las vegas. they probably go for one last travel competition, and i competed there two years ago, and it was really fun, and the jackets are really nice quality! and then how judges like watch the videos and make the winners in the whole nation! i won't be going because werrldzz is the next week, and i will be there:))

Back