All-Star Full Up Tips

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We tried that a couple times .. Where does the side base start? Do they throw from the left leg? And where does the back spot throw?

Thanks!

Backspot grabs waist and throws from there.....I know when I do them as a backspot I flick in the direction of the twist to help the main base. Also I dont wait for the flyer to do a whole full twist before I make contact with the ankles of my flyer. I grab ankles when the flyer is about half way to make sure that the other half of the full up completes and pull up. Doing them this way has been very successful for me. Also doing them this way helps the secondary base catch easier.

I hope my advice makes sense and can be help for you and your team. Good luck!

Convenient thread! I'm usually pretty good at giving advice to my fliers, but one specifically is struggling with the full up! She throws a lot with her left shoulder pulling her very far forward and we have to run to get her (she pretty much rockets herself to the corner of the mat)! Any advice on how to explain differently that she doesn't have to pull too much of the rotation herself and to just push off straight?

stay tight,keep shoulders up,and look to the right. They dont need to do anything else let the main base do the rotation. Ive had these same problems in high school and still until this day. The less the flyer does is best. Hope this helps

secondary base when you throw the full up keep you hands up at the top so you can catch the foot easier

stay tight,keep shoulders up,and look to the right. They dont need to do anything else let the main base do the rotation. Ive had these same problems in high school and still until this day. The less the flyer does is best. Hope this helps
Yes! Flyer staying tight and not trying hard to spin is key. If the flyer spins herself, it will look like she's "fishing" and her head and hips will come out of their cylinder.

as a flyer I would always try and make my feet stop right in the position they started in hang, if that makes sense- it really helped me stay tight and controlled.

im a side base and i cant hit a full up to save my life-___- any tips? i know how to do it, i just can't for some reason:( help me please!

im a side base and i cant hit a full up to save my life-___- any tips? i know how to do it, i just can't for some reason:( help me please!
Don't wait too long to catch the foot. As soon as you release, reach for behind your main base's left hand. Grab the foot and block it, then pull it to you, don't wait for it to come to your hands.

Side base, when you throw keep your hands up and stay close to the main... and as a backspot the most important thing is that you catch the ankles early, and before the spin is completed so you can 'pass' the left leg to the side base and keep most weight off the left leg.

as a back spot, I always watch the fliers hips, just like in any other cheerleading stunt and i catch as fast and as high on her ankles as i can. also, it helps my flyer sometimes to remind her to stay over her toes. lastly, as weird as it sounds when my group does it we try not over think the fullup, we just go for it and it usually hits more that way and that way we put less stress on ourselves from the very beginning of the stunt.

Latest posts

Back