All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay so I like really liked Twilight. I'm not ashamed.

Also Harry Potter is amazing. My grandma would read them to my sisters and I before school when I was younger and then read the other books when I was older. I would literally spend all day reading one and would have it finished by the next afternoon.

Reminds me of the somewhat meta Supernatural episode where Sam and Dean discover there's an author who writes a series of books called "Supernatural" and basically each book chronicles their demon hunting word for word as it happened for them (but the books are supposedly fiction). There's a lot of talk about the fans who read the books and how they write their own fan fiction. Sam goes on a FF website, reads some of the titles and character ships and turns to Dean saying "they do know we're brothers, right?". It was a perfection commentary on the bizarre world of fan fiction.

Omg that episode clearly went right over my head. It never clicked until now [emoji15][emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so I like really liked Twilight. I'm not ashamed.

Also Harry Potter is amazing. My grandma would read them to my sisters and I before school when I was younger and then read the other books when I was older. I would literally spend all day reading one and would have it finished by the next afternoon.
I find it crazy that the books came out in an era in which many parents were complaining that their kids weren't reading enough and were spending too much time watching video games, etc. Then Jo gets kids addicted to reading, and you get parents complaining that the books teach witchcraft and teach kids that they can fly on brooms and do stupid and dangerous things, etc.

Some people are never happy.
------------------------------------------------------------
@UCFKnights07 I sometimes like finding poorly written fanfics, just to have a laugh. Someone mentioned this online and I checked it out.

My face: :confused: :eek::jawdrop:

A sizeable chunk of my coworkers weren't allowed to read Harry Potter as kids "because Jesus"--and many still won't.

Like uh guys, Harry is a Christ allegory. (and unlike Twilight, he's a well-written one.)

Reminds me of the somewhat meta Supernatural episode where Sam and Dean discover there's an author who writes a series of books called "Supernatural" and basically each book chronicles their demon hunting word for word as it happened for them (but the books are supposedly fiction). There's a lot of talk about the fans who read the books and how they write their own fan fiction. Sam goes on a FF website, reads some of the titles and character ships and turns to Dean saying "they do know we're brothers, right?". It was a perfection commentary on the bizarre world of fan fiction.

Yup! You should try The Hummer @UCFKnights07 for a Bella/Carlisle fic...

A sizeable chunk of my coworkers weren't allowed to read Harry Potter as kids "because Jesus"--and many still won't.

Like uh guys, Harry is a Christ allegory. (and unlike Twilight, he's a well-written one.)

I shared this on my Facebook almost a year ago and actually went and found the link when I saw your post. It's absolutely insane.

Conservative Christian Rewrites Harry Potter So Her Kids Won’t Turn Into Witches | Americans Against the Tea Party

Last edited:
I shared this on my Facebook almost a year ago and actually went and found the link when I saw your post. It's absolutely insane.

Conservative Christian Rewrites Harry Potter So Her Kids Won’t Turn Into Witches | Americans Against the Tea Party

I will never understand why there's people in the world who shun HP for the magic but worship a god who is arguably a magical being. Like they think a talking, burning bush is a legit natural occurrence and they think people can just rise from the dead again but their kids can't read fictional books about magic. Okay.

I was just on Amazon buying 25 of a 50 book list of all the books kids should read by the time they're 12; Harry Potter is on it's way. Because literacy means more to me than them turning into witches. Witches would be freaking cool!

Scary part; though that is fake, there is a legit group that is Christians Against Dinosaur's.

Are they related to Young Earth Creationists? I go to school with a lot of YEC kids and I'll admit that it blows my mind.

Are they related to Young Earth Creationists? I go to school with a lot of YEC kids and I'll admit that it blows my mind.

No, from what I under YEC believed Dinosaur's existed but lived alongside man, while CAD don't believe Dino's ever existed and that all paleontologists have done is made fake fossils out of clay and called it a dinosaur.

An unintentional click on a Harry Potter Fanfic at the age of like, 12 or something ruined my childhood. Granted I didn't "get" what they were talking about, but I got what they were talking about.

Also @emo_wifey #TeamDramione FOREVER. It was the first pairing I read (back when Mugglenet had a Fanfiction section and that's how I found the stories. I think they even had a PG-13/T Rating cap at the time), never looked back.

But yeah, you can get some crazy fanfiction. Slash is one thing, but there are some other pairings I've unintentionally stumbled upon that force you to leave the internet for a while in sheer horror. Dark sides of the internet *shudder*

Latest posts

Back