All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

^^^^^As much as I think people want to consider this as fame-chasing, you have to really think about it:

I am assuming that this is her final senior season of eligibility (and that she may be leaning toward being done entirely after this year.)

Show of hands if you'd want LIONHEART'S NCA PERFORMANCE to be the last time you performed as an all star cheerleader?

Anybody?

^^^^^As much as I think people want to consider this as fame-chasing, you have to really think about it:

I am assuming that this is her final senior season of eligibility (and that she may be leaning toward being done entirely after this year.)

Show of hands if you'd want LIONHEART'S NCA PERFORMANCE to be the last time you performed as an all star cheerleader?

Anybody?
correct me if im wrong, but doesnt she have at least one more year left before she ages out or would next season technically be her [super senior] year.

I actually don't know because I don't follow Smoed/Cali/cheerlebrities closely enough to know ages/birthdays. I was just guessing because she seemed slightly older?

Sometimes your last performance or game sucks. Ask the 63 teams that lost in the ncaa tourney. Do you think they wanted to go out that way? No but sometimes that happens.

I'm also harder on her cause she was the creator. If cali really needed a person if I was the creator I would give another one of my athletes this opportunity not grab it myself. Definitely shows a lack of maturity

I wonder how many of them care... This was a team that had just a couple full team practices. It's possible that most of them just weren't in it and were okay with ending the team.

I doubt this, especially after Gabi went on her rant about the Susie mom parents and that experience.

I actually don't know because I don't follow Smoed/Cali/cheerlebrities closely enough to know ages/birthdays. I was just guessing because she seemed slightly older?

She has one more year; I only know because it got brought up recently and I actually went and looked at her birthday. Since she homeschools I'm not sure what physical grade she's actually doing, but if she is with her peers she's could be either a junior or a senior.

ETA: She turned 18 in January

Anybody?
Waving hands in the air.... Lionheart was her team

So when lion heart was a team, everyone on here was like "this team is dangerous, she needs to reevaluate, this is not safe to be put on the floor and she's not ready to coach". Then she disbands the team for those reasons and all of a sudden now that she's joining another team we've decided she disbanded the team because she wanted another ring? But disbanding the team was exactly what needed to happen.
And there's nothing to be said about loyalty here - it was HER team. She made the best decision for her team and only then accepted a position on another team.
If lionheart kept competing we would all be talking about how dangerous it was and how they aren't comp ready. Not being a team was their best option and now they're all free to do as they please. I'm fairly certain she's not going to refuse to release them if she released herself. So please stop acting like she abandoned her team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there's also a lot of assumptions being made about her hunting to be on a team. for all anyone knows, on the day after she announced the lionheart disbandment, she could've been sitting on a beach and had her inbox explode with offers asking her be on teams with open spots. id imagine someone like her wouldn't have to do much seeking when it comes to cheer opportunities. id imagine that the opportunities come to her.

I doubt this, especially after Gabi went on her rant about the Susie mom parents and that experience.
Hmm, I must have missed that one.

And to the people who are wondering if everyone would be upset if random cheer girl x decided to join a team for worlds, I don't think that's a fair comparison. Would people be upset if Tannaz suddenly decided to end Cali and she shows up with CEA for Worlds? I think it's the fact that Gabi was the "owner" of that team. Random cheer girl x doesn't own anything.

(I'm playing devil's advocate here)

We can debate about the ethicality of the situation ad nauseam, but at the end of the day, doesn't this fall on the shoulders of the USASF and their "wildcard athlete rule" about being allowed to substitute in athletes who were not even rostered at a gym on the day the gym got their World's bid?

I have no issues with the "Wild Card" rule allowing 1-3 athletes who were not at the competition or even rostered when the bid was "earned/accepted". This could be because on a LAG team with 36 on the floor, this isn't going make/break us, but we have a larger amount of people that could potentially get hurt/sick.
I think, as others have stated, if it was Cheerleader X no one would care and most wouldn't even know about it. I guess what adds dimensions to this situation is that :
1)She is very well known in the cheer world for her talent and the teams she has competed on
2)For the last 3 seasons she has been involved with multiple gyms (some during the same season) which can lend an air of "disloyalty" to the situation
3) As a minor, she decided to try and open her own gym, which did not work out for many reasons
4) Now there is the rumor that she will be returning to one of her past gyms to compete on a team that performed very well the weekend before.
IMO this is an athlete who is probably going to include cheer as a means for her future whether as a gym owner or a coach. Her reputation would be extremely important in obtaining that goal. As others have stated, Lionheart's last performance is not how she wants to be remembered...we ALL would like our last performance to be the pinnacle of our careers in this sport. I'm not rationalizing the situation, but GB's is a little different than the average cheerleader.
I see both sides of this situation and can certainly understand the "side eyeing" of it as well...especially since most of us will never really know all of the details. To the average person, we see a successful/popular cheerleader who has been on numerous teams/gyms decide to open her own gym, have difficulties with new gym, close gym, and within a week is rumored to be on another successful team within 3 weeks of Worlds. If the new team really needed a new flyer, and no one was replaced/removed then I see nothing "ethically" wrong with it. If this is not the case, then I would have some issues with it, but it seems in this sport that as long as gyms aren't "breaking the rules" ethics/morals go right out the window.

I have no issues with the "Wild Card" rule allowing 1-3 athletes who were not at the competition or even rostered when the bid was "earned/accepted". This could be because on a LAG team with 36 on the floor, this isn't going make/break us, but we have a larger amount of people that could potentially get hurt/sick.
I think, as others have stated, if it was Cheerleader X no one would care and most wouldn't even know about it. I guess what adds dimensions to this situation is that :
1)She is very well known in the cheer world for her talent and the teams she has competed on
2)For the last 3 seasons she has been involved with multiple gyms (some during the same season) which can lend an air of "disloyalty" to the situation
3) As a minor, she decided to try and open her own gym, which did not work out for many reasons
4) Now there is the rumor that she will be returning to one of her past gyms to compete on a team that performed very well the weekend before.
IMO this is an athlete who is probably going to include cheer as a means for her future whether as a gym owner or a coach. Her reputation would be extremely important in obtaining that goal. As others have stated, Lionheart's last performance is not how she wants to be remembered...we ALL would like our last performance to be the pinnacle of our careers in this sport. I'm not rationalizing the situation, but GB's is a little different than the average cheerleader.
I see both sides of this situation and can certainly understand the "side eyeing" of it as well...especially since most of us will never really know all of the details. To the average person, we see a successful/popular cheerleader who has been on numerous teams/gyms decide to open her own gym, have difficulties with new gym, close gym, and within a week is rumored to be on another successful team within 3 weeks of Worlds. If the new team really needed a new flyer, and no one was replaced/removed then I see nothing "ethically" wrong with it. If this is not the case, then I would have some issues with it, but it seems in this sport that as long as gyms aren't "breaking the rules" ethics/morals go right out the window.

I agree with some of your points, but wanted to point out that her Lionheart performance is not how she HAS to go out---GB has an entire year of eligibility in the senior division left. If her motives were to have a better ending, she has an entire year to do that.

Latest posts

Back