All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I respect the kid for admitting she was wrong and disbanding the team before someone got seriously hurt. Do I feel slightly vindicated, since she proved a lot of us right about the new gym? ...Yes. But do I want her to fail? Absolutely not.

Gabi is talented enough to make it in this industry if she chooses, but hopefully now she realizes that it is going to take a lot of hard work, and she may have to work her way up through the ranks and gain experience as she goes. Just because you have the means to start a gym, does not mean you should do so (as we've seen, it doesn't tend to end well). So here's hoping she finishes school, pursues some further education if she wants, and if she still wants to try coaching, gets some experience as an assistant and works her way up from there.

As for the new team? Well, I'm personally getting a bit of whiplash trying to keep up with what team that girl is currently on, but I'm slightly beyond caring. Good luck to her in this new endeavor.
@Cheer0825 Really dude? I don't feel that I deserved a dislike for expressing my good luck wishes for Gabi's future.
It was an accident I've already fixed it no harm done.

50% of all new businesses fail in the first year, 95% fail in the first five years. While I'm sure many are feeling "vindicated" by their prediction, I'd hardly call it means for people to say, "I told you so." ;)
Look. I don't want her to fail, but I'm not going to sugar coat it: it was not a smart decision to open a gym with no training, and she was very lucky not to end up with multiple injuries on that team given the lack of technique and safety they displayed. So yes, I was proven correct. While it would be rude for me to say 'I told you so', I'm also not going to sit here and say 'yay, well done for trying'. Because she's not a kid opening up a lemonade stand, she's a 17-year-old with no training in coaching or safety opening up a team where people attempted dangerous skills.

Look. I don't want her to fail, but I'm not going to sugar coat it: it was not a smart decision to open a gym with no training, and she was very lucky not to end up with multiple injuries on that team given the lack of technique and safety they displayed. So yes, I was proven correct. While it would be rude for me to say 'I told you so', I'm also not going to sit here and say 'yay, well done for trying'. Because she's not a kid opening up a lemonade stand, she's a 17-year-old with no training in coaching or safety opening up a team where people attempted dangerous skills.

According to comments earlier in this thread, they practiced at an established gym, with an experienced coach, and they were level 5 athletes. While their NCA performance lacked stamina and routine repetition, it didn't appear any more or less "dangerous" than any other level 5 team with the same amount of reps in, apples to apples. In other words, compare her team of a few months to other teams in August-September.

What I saw were parents willing to give her a shot at a "dream team" and she took the opportunity and did it in a responsible manner when it came to a gym, a coach, and qualified athletes. Now, if you want to argue she under estimated "time" or "athlete commitment" I'll go down that road with you. But, I know of a team that was put together a couple of months ago, taking one shot at a bid this weekend, is currently in first place against many very good teams, and perhaps will earn a bid. Gabi was given an opportunity of a life time, she took it, and was very responsible in her approach. She doesn't need a "yay" or "I told you so" from anyone, she is leaps and bounds ahead of anyone, any age, wanting to start up their own business.

According to comments earlier in this thread, they practiced at an established gym, with an experienced coach, and they were level 5 athletes. While their NCA performance lacked stamina and routine repetition, it didn't appear any more or less "dangerous" than any other level 5 team with the same amount of reps in, apples to apples. In other words, compare her team of a few months to other teams in August-September.

What I saw were parents willing to give her a shot at a "dream team" and she took the opportunity and did it in a responsible manner when it came to a gym, a coach, and qualified athletes. Now, if you want to argue she under estimated "time" or "athlete commitment" I'll go down that road with you. But, I know of a team that was put together a couple of months ago, taking one shot at a bid this weekend, is currently in first place against many very good teams, and perhaps will earn a bid. Gabi was given an opportunity of a life time, she took it, and was very responsible in her approach. She doesn't need a "yay" or "I told you so" from anyone, she is leaps and bounds ahead of anyone, any age, wanting to start up their own business.
A little stressful, but yes, it can be done under the right guidance. :rays:

Well I still completely disagree. I think we all clearly sure that that team was not safe, and I do not think it was a responsible decision for her to make.

I don't suppose anyone would consider giving me a synopsis of this thread? Either that or I might have to take adderall...this thread is all over the place.

I don't suppose anyone would consider giving me a synopsis of this thread? Either that or I might have to take adderall...this thread is all over the place.
Gabi Butler is going to World's with Cali Aces. She announced this about a month after disbanding a team she tried to start on her own. She's apparently replacing an athlete who was injured at NCA.

She made the decision to start a business/gym/team. The people who decided to join are responsible for their decision, not Gabby. She was following a dream just like they were.
And again I disagree.
She has a duty of care to provide the right kind of training. Say I have a dream to start a personal training business, but I have no training or experience in fitness. I could be potentially putting people at risk; if someone got hurt attempting a skill, the responsibility would fall on me, not the people who joined my gym.

Last edited:
I haven't taken the time to read the whole thread, but Angel's gym Halo Elite seems to be doing well. Wonder what she did different, that has helped her gym be successful.

Back