All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lets also not forget about another cheerleader who has cheered at her fair share of gyms.. everyone does it.
Literally nothing anyone can say about Gabi without saying it about the others

^no shade intentionally thrown. Just a fact.

If she actually does end up basing (which I won't be convinced about until it actually happens at worlds), I will have a lot more respect for her in this situation/decision. Her entire cheerlebrity-ness is pretty much based on her amazing flying skills and flexibility, so for her to go to a team where she won't be able to showcase that, to me will show that this is really about her helping out a team that needs her and being a part of the main event of the sport that she loves, and not anything selfish.

However, if she goes there to "fill a base spot",
and all of a sudden one of the current flyers is no longer cutting it (when they were fine all season) and she ends up as the highly featured point flyer that she usually is - I will be side eyeing.

So she tried and failed and quit before someone got seriously injured, good call. The nca routine was frightening. She had a learning experience that probably humbled her and opened her eyes to reality a bit. Life lessons and humility are good things. Also, good for her parents for letting her take a big risk and fail while she is so young. Failure can teach a person a lot of important lessons.

So she got on a team that had a vacant slot without bumping other athletes, ok. I don't see a problem here. Honestly I just let coaches do their thing and am fine as long as my kid isn't harmed. I bet the gym and her teammates are happy to work with her.

So other athletes are at other gyms, cool. Good for them. I bet they are excited.

I don't see this as that big of a deal. I hope that all the teams who compete at world's have a great experience, do their best, stay safe, and have a great time.

^^^^^Right. Smart people know when an idea is full of fail and adjust accordingly to the setback.

We actually build these skills with kids at work, it's called having a growth mindset.

I think I'd side-eye MORE if she posted "NCA WAS AMAZING! CAN'T WAIT FOR OUR NEXT COMP."

Because ACLs and concussions.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

How come lionheart just showed up on the one up schedule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they probably paid the competition dues and everything way in advance hoping to get their bid there b4 Gabi made the announcement.... But I could be wrong! Interesting...

I think they probably paid the competition dues and everything way in advance hoping to get their bid there b4 Gabi made the announcement.... But I could be wrong! Interesting...
Well considering they didn't release the schedule until 24 hours past when they were supposed to due to having to make changes that doesn't exactly make sense. Surely they would have known by this afternoon when they released it and could take them off.

Well considering they didn't release the schedule until 24 hours past when they were supposed to due to having to make changes that doesn't exactly make sense. Surely they would have known by this afternoon when they released it and could take them off.
It was the same for Reach the Beach. They were still on the schedule which wasn't posted to the public until the afternoon before the comp; there had been plenty of time to take them off.

on becoming a base, she had stated early on (during the summer?) that she would act as a base on the r5 team at amped athletics, and so id assume that she has developed some basing skills. how much... who knows? what i do know is that a top level gym and coach(es) selected her based on what was seen. i wouldnt doubt their choice.

as a side note, madi from smoed, went from flying for many years to basing right away. she did just fine. :)
She was also considerably taller than Gabi and started off basing a tiny fetus flyer. And if I recall, it definitely took her a few comps to look completely comfortable.
Just sayin'.

I respect the kid for admitting she was wrong and disbanding the team before someone got seriously hurt. Do I feel slightly vindicated, since she proved a lot of us right about the new gym? ...Yes. But do I want her to fail? Absolutely not.

Gabi is talented enough to make it in this industry if she chooses, but hopefully now she realizes that it is going to take a lot of hard work, and she may have to work her way up through the ranks and gain experience as she goes. Just because you have the means to start a gym, does not mean you should do so (as we've seen, it doesn't tend to end well). So here's hoping she finishes school, pursues some further education if she wants, and if she still wants to try coaching, gets some experience as an assistant and works her way up from there.

As for the new team? Well, I'm personally getting a bit of whiplash trying to keep up with what team that girl is currently on, but I'm slightly beyond caring. Good luck to her in this new endeavor.

I'm happy to see Gabi is able to help a team in need. I love seeing the good, positive, sportsmanship amongst athletes, coaches, families from all levels, divisions & gyms. I can see why some may be not as positive about Gabi's sudden change but I think there are several teams throughout the country preparing for World's or Summit that find themselves short an athlete or two. Teams that don't make World's or Summit are the perfect place to find replacements who are skilled, conditioned & experienced in filling in on such short notice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do I feel slightly vindicated, since she proved a lot of us right about the new gym? ...Yes. But do I want her to fail? Absolutely not.

50% of all new businesses fail in the first year, 95% fail in the first five years. While I'm sure many are feeling "vindicated" by their prediction, I'd hardly call it means for people to say, "I told you so." ;)

I respect the kid for admitting she was wrong and disbanding the team before someone got seriously hurt. Do I feel slightly vindicated, since she proved a lot of us right about the new gym? ...Yes. But do I want her to fail? Absolutely not.

Gabi is talented enough to make it in this industry if she chooses, but hopefully now she realizes that it is going to take a lot of hard work, and she may have to work her way up through the ranks and gain experience as she goes. Just because you have the means to start a gym, does not mean you should do so (as we've seen, it doesn't tend to end well). So here's hoping she finishes school, pursues some further education if she wants, and if she still wants to try coaching, gets some experience as an assistant and works her way up from there.

As for the new team? Well, I'm personally getting a bit of whiplash trying to keep up with what team that girl is currently on, but I'm slightly beyond caring. Good luck to her in this new endeavor.
@Cheer0825 Really dude? I don't feel that I deserved a dislike for expressing my good luck wishes for Gabi's future.

Back