All-Star Getting Ready For Level 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So how can I show the coaches I have a clean full? Even though I don't have a perfect double can I still show them I have a well executed full and I can progress well?
What do you specifically mean by "well-executed"? Not to sound snarky, but your definition of it might not match theirs.

Like it shows good technique and isn't sloppy.
Specifics: is your body piked out, or straight? Legs crossed, or tightly squeezed together? Feet/ankles sickled/apart, pointed/squeezed together? Knees bent, or locked?

I wanted specifics b/c you sounded like you were in a rush to get to level 5. BTW, the people on here w/ gymnastics backgrounds have said that learning how to do a pike (the aerial skill, not the jump) after learning a tuck and before learning a layout. It really improves the quality of your layout.

But anyway, that L5 is not going to last... reminds me of Cheerhab when we saw Rebel Xtreme Airborne competing as a Level 4. They seriously struggled, but began to do a lot better when they dropped down to 4.2.

Last edited:
Specifics: is your body piked out, or straight? Legs crossed, or tightly squeezed together? Feet/ankles sickled/apart, pointed/squeezed together? Knees bent, or locked?

I wanted specifics b/c you sounded like you were in a rush to get to level 5. BTW, the people on here w/ gymnastics backgrounds have said that learning how to do a pike (the aerial skill, not the jump) after learning a tuck and before learning a layout. It really improves the quality of your layout.

But anyway, that L5 is not going to last... reminds me of Cheerhab when we saw Rebel Xtreme Airborne competing as a Level 4. They seriously struggled, but began to do a lot better when they dropped down to 4.2.
Well my body is in not a straight line but an incurve,ankles together, toes pointed all that jazz. And I agree they should be a lower level but they compete at worlds.

Well my body is in not a straight line but an incurve,ankles together, toes pointed all that jazz. And I agree they should be a lower level but they compete at worlds.

Worlds is not everything. Worlds will be there for many years to come just focus on getting you layout straighter. Being blunt you really need to stop think level 5 and progress otherwise you might get seriously injured then you would not be able to cheer at all. I am speaking from someone who was out for 5 months due to an injury that was so easily prevented if I knew my limits

If I were you I wouldn't aim for your gym's L5 team. They're not at all competitive at that level, and especially not at Worlds. What's the point in going with a weak team that will probably be cut in prelims? Not to mention the fact that you could be injured by one of your teammates while doing a stunt that you guys aren't prepared for (your coaches seem to be big fans of rushing things, as indicated by the existence of the Worlds team).

I definitely could be wrong but I believe the value of tumbling between L5 and L6 is different. At L5 it is more important to have

**Wingardium Leviosa...Susies tryout mantra**

That's an international vs senior distinction and only at worlds. I5 and I6 place much less emphasis on tumbling. But again, only on the worlds scoresheet.

Back