OT Goodnight Irene

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Trees are down everywhere here, and lots of nast rain and wind all day. The rain stopped about 20 minutes ago, and my dog is very happy ;) Half of my town lost power, but I didn't thank God!

Trees are down everywhere here, and lots of nast rain and wind all day. The rain stopped about 20 minutes ago, and my dog is very happy ;) Half of my town lost power, but I didn't thank God!
Honestly SOOO many towns around me are still without power, and haven't had it since 8am this morning... crazy. Half of my town lost it for 7 hours and it came back around 5 or 6. I'm honestly so thankful that mine didn't go out for more than 2 minutes haha.

I walked down the street to my friends house and there are branches everywhere and LOTS of really big limbs down across my whole neighborhood. Pretty crazy! I still hear the strong winds outside my bedroom window now. Bunch of people uploaded crazy pics on facebook of down trees on wires and cars :/ very scary stuff. Haven't heard of any injuries/deaths in my area, but I'll pray for all who did get injured or killed in the storms :( very happy that this should be it though and we'll be in the clear now. Hoping for some sunny skies tomorrow :cool:

@cheerislove8 , be thankful, but I heard this morning (when I went for my coffee run, since we still have no power) that another storm is forming off the coast of Africa, and it would take the same path as Irene...I also heard it could be a week or two before power is restored here, for everyone. Can I just move to the Midwest now? Thanks.

@cheerislove8 , be thankful, but I heard this morning (when I went for my coffee run, since we still have no power) that another storm is forming off the coast of Africa, and it would take the same path as Irene...I also heard it could be a week or two before power is restored here, for everyone. Can I just move to the Midwest now? Thanks.
Oh believe me, I'm very thankful for it! It's hard to believe there are people who will be without it for so long. Come on up for a visit... I can share ;) hahaha

. Can I just move to the Midwest now? Thanks.

I am mad you just said that. :D After you just posted that we need to be sympathetic to each other's problems...have you already forgotten the tornadoes and blizzards the midwest has suffered over the last 8 months? But yes, you can move here. I'll take you in gladly. I have plenty of coffee - even caramel apple flavored!

I've been out of power since 8AM yesterday.. thank god we have a generator. The storm wasn't even too bad though. I live in a decently wooded area and I haven't seen any trees down.

We made out pretty good during Irene, my parents in Annapolis, not so much. A tree limb came down on their suburban, the wind shredded the car cover for their antique jaguar, a tree fell and took out their fence - and that was all before bedtime. They woke up around 5am to a huge crash and the house shook. An enormous hickory tree fell on their house. You can even see branches sticking through the ceiling. They had a crane come yesterday to remove the tree, and of course they are without power. Annapolis is terrible with power outages and they will prob be without power all week.

i remember isable well, cp was an infant and was jaundiced so we were back in the hospital for a few days. i had no idea a hurricane was even coming because i was so caught up with cp being sick. then they discharged us and said "are you ready for the hurricane?" i was like WTH? what hurricane? I had like two hours to get home & make sure bottles were washed, food in house and all that good stuff before it started. fortunately we didn't have any damage then either.

i'm wondering what's going on with this new one that is forming and if it will hit us yet again. earthquake's, hurricanes, i am sooooo taking off of work 12/21/12!

We made out pretty good during Irene, my parents in Annapolis, not so much. A tree limb came down on their suburban, the wind shredded the car cover for their antique jaguar, a tree fell and took out their fence - and that was all before bedtime. They woke up around 5am to a huge crash and the house shook. An enormous hickory tree fell on their house. You can even see branches sticking through the ceiling. They had a crane come yesterday to remove the tree, and of course they are without power. Annapolis is terrible with power outages and they will prob be without power all week.

i remember isable well, cp was an infant and was jaundiced so we were back in the hospital for a few days. i had no idea a hurricane was even coming because i was so caught up with cp being sick. then they discharged us and said "are you ready for the hurricane?" i was like WTH? what hurricane? I had like two hours to get home & make sure bottles were washed, food in house and all that good stuff before it started. fortunately we didn't have any damage then either.

i'm wondering what's going on with this new one that is forming and if it will hit us yet again. earthquake's, hurricanes, i am sooooo taking off of work 12/21/12!
I thiink they said new one is Kattia

@mybabywantstotumble , I'm wondering what's up with Katia, too. She's now a tropical storm and the noaa site says she'll be a major hurricane by sunday. She's taking the same path as Irene, but this far out, I don't know how well they can predict what she'll do past, like, Puerto Rico...
Someone on my facebook said she'll slam the Carolinas next week. But I haven't seen anything saying that.

@mybabywantstotumble , I'm wondering what's up with Katia, too. She's now a tropical storm and the noaa site says she'll be a major hurricane by sunday. She's taking the same path as Irene, but this far out, I don't know how well they can predict what she'll do past, like, Puerto Rico...
Someone on my facebook said she'll slam the Carolinas next week. But I haven't seen anything saying that.

i do like the name, Katia but hope she stays out in the Atlantic. I'm not sure we could take another hurricane right now with the ground here being so wet already, even more trees would be coming up and even more flooding for areas that are already flooded. it reminds me of the winter time when we get the "one-two-punch". lol

Latest posts

Back