All-Star Grammar Thread - Have At It

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is that even a thing?! Maybe it's to do with accents, because I can't imagine how those two could be confused.
It's pretty common to reverse the /s/ and /k/ sound when learning to put them together. The problem is that too many adults do not correct the mispronunciation. It's more commonly accepted in some areas of the US than others.

Is that even a thing?! Maybe it's to do with accents, because I can't imagine how those two could be confused.
I find that it happens quite a bit in the South. Mainly in Eastenders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty common to reverse the /s/ and /k/ sound when learning to put them together. The problem is that too many adults do not correct the mispronunciation. It's more commonly accepted in some areas of the US than others.
Unfortunately heard quite frequently around where we live. That and "fustrated". I swear if my kids used either they'd be grounded.

I put this on Facebook but I'll put it here too, since Fierce Board is where I see it most.

The word WEARY means tired. It does not mean suspicious or lacking trust in something. The word you are looking for is either WARY or LEERY.

OK, carry on. Just had to get that off my chest. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I put this on Facebook but I'll put it here too, since Fierce Board is where I see it most.

The word WEARY means tired. It does not mean suspicious or lacking trust in something. The word you are looking for is either WARY or LEERY.

OK, carry on. Just had to get that off my chest. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Oh my yes! The smart a$$ in my wants to respond "yeah, I'm tired of him/her too" but don't.

I've noticed that people are starting to end questions without question marks. Why? Simple punctuation, people.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

My 19 year old sister always uses to instead of too and my mom told me I'm not allowed to correct her anymore because it's "hateful" [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2nuhck.jpg

Back