All-Star Gssa San Jose - Dec 8-9

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

2 Paid 6 At Large Bids I dont know if Level 6 teams can get a bid. I know they always give a bid to Sm Sr. All Girl. Betting on Smoed and Black Ops for the paid =)

Small Senior 5
Victory Cheer

Small Coed Sr 5
California All Stars Smoed
Power Sm Coed
SCV All Stars SKY

Small Med Coed
California Black Ops
Force Black Legend Katz *had them in the wrong div

International Open 5
Stealth

International Oped Coed 5
Force Silver Katz
Riptide All Stars Rage

9 teams going for 8 bids... who will lose out? Should be a good fight to the finish. :enjoyshow:

I think they may only be handing out 6 bids. They are calling it Super 6 (last year was Great 8) so I'm not sure how they would handle bid 7 & 8 since those teams wouldn't be competing a 3rd time like the other 6.

I think they may only be handing out 6 bids. They are calling it Super 6 (last year was Great 8) so I'm not sure how they would handle bid 7 & 8 since those teams wouldn't be competing a 3rd time like the other 6.

According to the GSSA website..."Teams will advance to the SUPER 6 competition that will determine the winners of the TWO PAID and SIX At-Large bids."

9 teams going for 8 bids... who will lose out? Should be a good fight to the finish. :enjoyshow:

There's 12 teams including level 6. Does anyone know for sure if they're not eligible?

There's 12 teams including level 6. Does anyone know for sure if they're not eligible?

They are not on the schedule to compete on Sunday until after the super 6 announcement and draw. So they must not be eligible.

Level Six is not eligible to compete in Super 6,
HOWEVER, they are still eligible for a bid.

The top 6 scoring worlds level 5 teams advance to Super 6.
Those six teams are guaranteed a bid. Top Two judges choice receive the Paid.

The last two at large bids will be awarded by the judges to two other worlds teams not in the Super Six (this includes level 6)

This is my understanding (as a level 6 athlete competing)

Looks like they've changed the schedule again... Sunday's SUPER 6 schedule:

12:10pm International Open Coed Level 5
12:14pm Medium Senior Coed Level 5
12:18pm International Open Coed Level 5
12:22pm Medium Senior Coed Level 5
12:26pm Senior Level 5
12:30pm Small Senior Coed Level 5
12:34pm International Open Level 5
12:38pm Small Senior Coed Level 5
12:42pm International Open Level 6
12:46pm Small Senior Coed Level 5
12:54pm International Open Level 6
1:02pm International Open Level 6
1:15pm Super Six Announcement & Draw

Good luck and safe travels to all teams competing tomorrow and Sunday!

So I'm applying for the Gssa scholarship team thing at this comp since I'm a senior, does anyone by any chance know what exactly the judges are looking for in their applicants?

So I'm applying for the Gssa scholarship team thing at this comp since I'm a senior, does anyone by any chance know what exactly the judges are looking for in their applicants?
A lot of community service, a high GPA, good tumbling and a great personality. The whole package!

Back